Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 01:04 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,667,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
To add to your post, allowing Hillary to win will lead to a liberal majority in the Supreme Court for decades to come. Even conservatives who hate Trump should still vote for him for this reason alone. Hopefully they come to their senses before November.
There's a one-issue voter, for sure!

Not so sure I would take on that bet, as trump's history shows a marked leaning away from the conservative agenda. And, based on the weird choices he's been making in his own campaign, I'm not so sure that any SC nominee of his would be 1. qualified, and 2. confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 02:10 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,890,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Were you then happy with Dubya?

Al Gore would likely NOT have invaded Iraq.
You don't know that, HRC supported the invasion why wouldn't Gore?

Old 07-11-2016, 02:17 PM

18,411 posts, read 15,113,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
There's a one-issue voter, for sure!

Not so sure I would take on that bet, as trump's history shows a marked leaning away from the conservative agenda. And, based on the weird choices he's been making in his own campaign, I'm not so sure that any SC nominee of his would be 1. qualified, and 2. confirmed.
Yes, but it is a really, really big issue.

Personally, I think he will let Newt pick the nominees. But one thing I do know for sure, is if Hillary picks them, we are in trouble.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:59 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
You don't know that, HRC supported the invasion why wouldn't Gore?
Because GORE would have been the president and he would have no need to lie to the American people in order to invade Iraq. He also wouldn't have had Rumsfield and Dick Cheney banging the war drums.

It simply would not have happened.

Old 07-11-2016, 06:50 PM

7,045 posts, read 8,859,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Libertarians are not even a decade old.
Libertarian party formed in 1971, I joined in 1992.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Could you quote for me Article XII please? I can't seem to find it.

I did say "control the borders." Perhaps you missed it.

What "birth certificate thing?"

Who doesn't stand a chance of getting near the WH?
Go ask your boy Trump about Article XII, since he's the one who promised to uphold it.

Quote:
Asked by Republican members of Congress if he could be counted on to uphold Article I of the Constitution — that’s the one outlining the powers and prerogatives of Congress — Donald Trump said, "I want to protect Article I, Article II, Article XII."

As Rep. Mark Sanford recounted to Philip Rucker and Sean Sullivan of the Washington Post, one problem here is that there is no Article XII of the Constitution.

It’s a bit of a gaffe, of course. The real problem, however, isn’t in the comical misstatement. It’s in the fact that Trump didn’t even take the question seriously. He was sitting in a room with a group of influential men and women, many of whom he knows are skeptical of his candidacy but who also face strong incentives to get on board with it. The Article I question was a free invitation to say or do something reassuring to an audience of people who wanted reassurance.
Congressional Republicans — and everyone else — should take Trump’s authoritarianism seriously

And somehow I doubt he was standing there vowing to uphold the Electoral College, so don't try to claim he meant the 12th Amendment.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:56 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,890,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because GORE would have been the president and he would have no need to lie to the American people in order to invade Iraq. He also wouldn't have had Rumsfield and Dick Cheney banging the war drums.

It simply would not have happened.
If HRC was actively pursuing it I have no doubt Gore would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections