Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 12:45 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Don't lecture me - you took HRC's comments and extrapolated them to the nth degree.

As to your question, since Obama took office the widespread use of cheap smartphones with camera and video capability has exploded, allowing everyone to see firsthand what before was hidden in police reports and blue cones of silence.

That's why race relations have gone downhill. Now everyone sees what the black neighborhoods have been stating as truth but with their word against the system, until now.

And people don't care for it. People of all colors, but those whose sons and daughters it directly effects are even more angry than they were before. And quite rightly so.
OMG do you pay any attention what so ever? I never even responded to her comments. I simply mentioned ?the sad breakdown of race relations. I am not commenting on what she may or may not have said.

If you really think the smartphone is the reason I feel sorry for you. Videos as intelligent people know can be and are. often edited to show what one wants to show. God knows we see them posted on CD all the time.

Oh, btw it is all the white man's fault or it appears you feel that way: now explain the shootings just the past few days, and I am not talking only about the tragedy in Dallas, of white cops. There are a couple fighting for their lives. It seems a few more of them have been shot than blacks have been shot by police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 12:48 PM

1,504 posts, read 843,860 times
SOME people will do anything- say anything to gain power and notoriety. Clinton is all about herself. She wants and desperately needs to be important especially after being demeaned as a woman by her husband.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:50 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,285,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
this rhetoric will only cause more resent.. Just need honesty, not more years of division
Hillary Clinton Blames Whites, Cops for Deaths of Young Black Men - Breitbart

Hillary was just stressing tolerance and understanding.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:20 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,416,881 times
Quote:
this rhetoric will only cause more resent.. Just need honesty, not more years of division
Another example of why hil is 4 more years of the great divider in chief:

Obama most polarizing president in modern history - CNNPolitics.com

Old 07-09-2016, 02:27 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,264,266 times
Quote:
All Hillary is doing is keeping up with Newt Gingrich and his most recent comments regarding White people not understanding what it is like to be White.

Go on Hillary, say what you wish , nobody believes one word you say is authentic or sincere.

Get ready for some more comments from Newt or somebody else close to Trump to steal the thunder from Hillary.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:29 PM

13,290 posts, read 9,808,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OMG do you pay any attention what so ever? I never even responded to her comments. I simply mentioned ?the sad breakdown of race relations. I am not commenting on what she may or may not have said.

If you really think the smartphone is the reason I feel sorry for you. Videos as intelligent people know can be and are. often edited to show what one wants to show. God knows we see them posted on CD all the time.

Oh, btw it is all the white man's fault or it appears you feel that way: now explain the shootings just the past few days, and I am not talking only about the tragedy in Dallas, of white cops. There are a couple fighting for their lives. It seems a few more of them have been shot than blacks have been shot by police.
You are posting in a thread titled "Hilary Blames Cops, White People."

I answered your question reasonably, I'm not responding to this hysterical ranting.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:35 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,264,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It conveniently left out the part of the interview where she said more needs to be done to protect and respect the police, who go into danger where others won't.

I'm paraphrasing, but watch the whole effing thing if you are going to draw conclusions.

Trump must be foaming at the mouth to take Hillary on in the upcoming debates.

I can't wait for it to begin.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:42 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,313,639 times
“We’ve got to figure out what is happening when routine traffic stops, when routine arrests, escalate into killings.."

I'll tell you exactly what is happening. The people who are getting shot are resisting arrest and/or not following orders from a police officer which then escalates the situation. Thousands of people are arrested every day in this country without being shot and killed, yes, even black people. You know why they weren't shot and killed? Because they cooperated with the officers. Its that simple. Some people REALLY think police are just running up on people with guns drawn shooting and killing them for a broken tail light? Please.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:04 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,416,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
“We’ve got to figure out what is happening when routine traffic stops, when routine arrests, escalate into killings.."

I'll tell you exactly what is happening. The people who are getting shot are resisting arrest and/or not following orders from a police officer which then escalates the situation. Thousands of people are arrested every day in this country without being shot and killed, yes, even black people. You know why they weren't shot and killed? Because they cooperated with the officers. Its that simple. Some people REALLY think police are just running up on people with guns drawn shooting and killing them for a broken tail light? Please.
Dex, today's pigs fly.....I agree with you!

And I'd add watch chris rock's video, "how not to get your *($ kicked by the police". Funny but very true I think in many cases.

Last edited by stevek64; 07-09-2016 at 03:15 PM..

Old 07-09-2016, 03:13 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,313,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Dex, today's pigs fly.....I agree with you!
Wow!

I have a perfect example. On the street outside my house, police pulled over a guy who was driving erratically who jumped out of his truck and almost started to run when they blocked him in with their cars. He backed up against his truck and a cop went over to him and was talking to him for a good 4-5 minutes. The guy was not listening, the cop started raising his voice and started yelling for the guy to put his hands behind his back at least 5 times. The guy still resisted, the cop grabbed him by his shirt, slammed him against his truck, turned him around and cuffed him. I watched this all from my driveway. Now had I started recording when the cop started yelling, thinking something might happen and all you saw was the cop yelling at him, grabbing him, slamming him and handcuffing him, many would think police brutality. However, you wouldn't have seen the 5-6 minutes prior with the cop speaking to him in a normal voice and asking him repeatedly to put his hands behind his back. These videos are only showing the aftermath, not what led up to that moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections