U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:30 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,359 posts, read 7,720,840 times
Reputation: 7213

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So it's not the school, it's the democrats that went to the school.

Misleading thread title.
You're the one trying to spin the letter to mislead who wrote and signed the it.

 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:30 PM
 
4,508 posts, read 2,108,511 times
Reputation: 9518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
In an open letter signed by 600 facility, present and former students of the Wharton School of Business denounces Donald Trump for his xenophobia, sexism, racism, and other forms of bigotry.

In part the letter says:

Trump is always bragging about what a wonderful place Wharton is and what a good education he got there, how long will it take Donald to start badmouthing them in a tweeter fit?

In An Open Letter, Trump
Hon..............you linked to a blog. You know...one of those things written by people with nothing better to do. Where is the actual letter? And who cares? Anybody can sign a blog-generated thing.


When the so-called letter shows up on Wharton's official letterhead, let me know.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So it's not the school, it's the democrats that went to the school.

Misleading thread title.
Otherwise known (amongst decent people) as a lie.
 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:36 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,359 posts, read 7,720,840 times
Reputation: 7213
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Republicans have denounced him because he has exposed the whole rotten, corrupt system where politicians on both sides of the aisle get to feed at the trough. Should Trump win, their gravy train comes to an end. Republicans aren't fooling anyone when they denounce Trump because they claim he isn't a true republican---this from a party that has backed many a RINO. We all know that the GOPe would much rather have Hillary in office so that they all can continue to feed at the trough.

As for the faculty and staff at Wharton---they need to get a grip. There is nothing "xenophobic" about Trump (It's not "xenophobic" to expect those who want to immigrate here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws. Nor is it "xenophobic" to put a moratorium on immigration from the ME until applicants can be properly vetted). It's not "racist" to mention that some illegals from Mexico are "rapists" or "murderers". He didn't say all of them were like that---and you know it, too.

I thought that Wharton had very high standards and had a highly competitive admission process. As a result, I would have expected much, much better from their faculty and staff. It sound like they can't think for themselves. If those who wrote this letter could think for themselves, they would have realized that what they wrote was a bunch of BS.
Of course, no one who says anything negative about trump could have a legitimate point therefore Trumpettes MUST denounce even a place that Trump says has high standards.
 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:39 PM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,359 posts, read 7,720,840 times
Reputation: 7213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Hon..............you linked to a blog. You know...one of those things written by people with nothing better to do. Where is the actual letter? And who cares? Anybody can sign a blog-generated thing.

When the so-called letter shows up on Wharton's official letterhead, let me know.

Otherwise known (amongst decent people) as a lie.
I linked to PoliticusUSA which is more than "just a blog" and you know it.
 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:51 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,775 posts, read 7,794,395 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Republicans have denounced him because he has exposed the whole rotten, corrupt system where politicians on both sides of the aisle get to feed at the trough. Should Trump win, their gravy train comes to an end.
LOL, what do you think he CAN do? Somebody should explain to Agent Orange exactly what the president can accomplish.

I guess he forgot (again!) that there are three branches of government and the president does not rule over them.

Does he think he can fire the House and Senate members? LOL, he probably does!

In actuality, conservatives don't like him because he's not a conservative.
 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:59 PM
 
4,508 posts, read 2,108,511 times
Reputation: 9518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Of course, no one who says anything negative about trump could have a legitimate point therefore Trumpettes MUST denounce even a place that Trump says has high standards.
Once again, hon, the so-called letter doesn't come "from a place" that you seem to think it does.


Goodness, even after having it explained, it still doesn't soak in. It's worse than I thought. Nobody here is denouncing Wharton. We are denouncing what YOU say, not what Wharton says.
 
Old 07-09-2016, 06:03 PM
 
4,508 posts, read 2,108,511 times
Reputation: 9518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I linked to PoliticusUSA which is more than "just a blog" and you know it.
Oh, dear.............


From About Us:


PoliticusUSA was founded in February of 2008 by Jason Easley. Jason had a vision of a liberal and independent news site .....PoliticusUSA is 100% minority owned.....Jason has also written for the Blogger News Network.....


No need to go on. I can if you wish, but I'm pretty much done, having relegated this nonsense to the Hopeless Bin.
 
Old 07-09-2016, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Storrs, CT
795 posts, read 486,209 times
Reputation: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Where is the actual letter?
Welp, here's the open letter: https://medium.com/@whartonopenlette...1d8#.7m2bm15a5

Looks like it now has 1181 signatures. Lol.
 
Old 07-09-2016, 06:09 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,870,667 times
Reputation: 2452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
In an open letter signed by 600 facility, present and former students of the Wharton School of Business denounces Donald Trump for his xenophobia, sexism, racism, and other forms of bigotry.

In part the letter says:

Trump is always bragging about what a wonderful place Wharton is and what a good education he got there, how long will it take Donald to start badmouthing them in a tweeter fit?

In An Open Letter, Trump
Everyone is a critic.
Trump owns Hotels, golf Courses and hires every flavor of employee out there.


This racim idea is getting very old.
 
Old 07-09-2016, 06:15 PM
 
4,508 posts, read 2,108,511 times
Reputation: 9518
Internet lesson for those who don't seem to know how it works:


Nowhere in the linked legal domain name will you find anything even remotely about Wharton.


Here is the WhoIs link for the web site in question:


https://medium.com/@whartonopenlette...1d8#.ruvfmpi7i


For those who still don't get it, this is from WhoIs specifically regarding the blog in question:


Registrant Name: Domain Admin
Registrant Organization: A Medium Corporation
Registrant Street: 760 Market Street
Registrant City: San Francisco


Consider yourself a little more knowledgeable now than you were when you woke up this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top