U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 04:54 PM

12,359 posts, read 7,718,898 times

Advertisements

In an open letter signed by 600 facility, present and former students of the Wharton School of Business denounces Donald Trump for his xenophobia, sexism, racism, and other forms of bigotry.

In part the letter says:
Quote:
We, proud students, alumni, and faculty of Wharton, are outraged that an affiliation with our school is being used to legitimize prejudice and intolerance. Although we do not aim to make any political endorsements with this letter, we do express our unequivocal stance against the xenophobia, sexism, racism, and other forms of bigotry that you have actively and implicitly endorsed in your campaign. The Wharton community is a diverse community. We are immigrants and children of immigrants, people of color, Muslims, Jews, women, people living with or caring for those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community. In other words, we represent the groups that you have repeatedly denigrated, as well as their steadfast friends, family, and allies.
Trump is always bragging about what a wonderful place Wharton is and what a good education he got there, how long will it take Donald to start badmouthing them in a tweeter fit?

In An Open Letter, Trump

Old 07-09-2016, 04:58 PM

21,622 posts, read 11,075,550 times
All haters and Hillary supporters. No surprise.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:01 PM

9,985 posts, read 6,732,986 times
and none of them ever met him...

Old 07-09-2016, 05:03 PM

29,698 posts, read 16,462,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
and none of them ever met him...
Neither have I but he's made it plenty clear what he stands for. His own party has denounced him so I certainly don't blame the school for not wanting to be associated with his name in any way.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:07 PM

19,868 posts, read 22,719,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Neither have I but he's made it plenty clear what he stands for. His own party has denounced him so I certainly don't blame the school for not wanting to be associated with his name in any way.
Yeah, Trump has put his brand on the GOP - and that brand is "Make America White Again". It's a stink that will not go away for a longggggggggggg time and now brands every single GOP candidate.

Ken

Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM

12,359 posts, read 7,718,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
All haters and Hillary supporters. No surprise.
And you know this how?

Old 07-09-2016, 05:21 PM

12,835 posts, read 6,160,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Republicans have denounced him because he has exposed the whole rotten, corrupt system where politicians on both sides of the aisle get to feed at the trough. Should Trump win, their gravy train comes to an end. Republicans aren't fooling anyone when they denounce Trump because they claim he isn't a true republican---this from a party that has backed many a RINO. We all know that the GOPe would much rather have Hillary in office so that they all can continue to feed at the trough.

As for the faculty and staff at Wharton---they need to get a grip. There is nothing "xenophobic" about Trump (It's not "xenophobic" to expect those who want to immigrate here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws. Nor is it "xenophobic" to put a moratorium on immigration from the ME until applicants can be properly vetted). It's not "racist" to mention that some illegals from Mexico are "rapists" or "murderers". He didn't say all of them were like that---and you know it, too.

I thought that Wharton had very high standards and had a highly competitive admission process. As a result, I would have expected much, much better from their faculty and staff. It sound like they can't think for themselves. If those who wrote this letter could think for themselves, they would have realized that what they wrote was a bunch of BS.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:23 PM

10,933 posts, read 5,037,718 times
So it's not the school, it's the democrats that went to the school.

Misleading thread title.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:24 PM

12,835 posts, read 6,160,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So it's not the school, it's the democrats that went to the school.

Misleading thread title.
^^^^And work there, too!

Old 07-09-2016, 05:25 PM

21,622 posts, read 11,075,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
And you know this how?
Easy , that is the mantra of the left.. all haters..We who don't support Hildabeast are all racists, have multiple phobias, same ole same ole ..it is really getting tired..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or