Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 09:58 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
She supported the Iraq War, like most Americans did, because Bush and Cheney claimed that they had reliable and "credible" evidence that Iraq had WMDs. Bush and Cheney were Republicans and they LIED to convince the US to make war on a country that was nothing more that a minor PITA.

Collective amnesia seems to be endemic among Righties.
I don't know about you, but I did not support that war at any time in my life. I was in middle school when it started, but I pointed out exactly what would happen. We would destabilize the region, kill a whole hell of a lot of people, create new enemies of America, and possibly bankrupt this nation.

I knew, at the time, I was being lied to by the people running this country. But some people today still can't figure that out. This is why the rest of the world says, never underestimate the stupidity of the American people. As long as we keep embracing the lies, regardless of who is spewing them, we will always be the ass end of the joke.

This is why the world is laughing at us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 10:51 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If you want change, and you are planning on voting for Hillary Clinton, you're a hypocrite. Plain and simple. There is not a Democrat in America who believes Hillary will make any effort to change status quo. You will get the same thing you got under Barrack Obama. A unaccountable bag of hot air with nothing of value or worth to deliver. You will get more of the same BS, lies, deflection, division, and propping up of your ruling elite. More wealth inequality, more wealth confiscation/destruction, more hatred, more confusion and more anger and frustration. And a new queen of America. Maybe some more food stamps I suppose.

If that is what you think America needs, I'm not sure why you believe America is the country you belong in. That's not what this country is about, and that's not what we stand for. Period.

If you want more of the same, than SHAME ON YOU.
I think it's fine for America to have a social safety net. That includes healthcare. I don't think it needs to be free money for everyone, and I don't think it needs to bankrupt us.

I think it's fine for America to have reasonable, consistent, and comprehensive gun control measures. I don't think it means that all weapons have to be confiscated.

I think it's fine for America to allow gays to be in legally recognizable relationships. I don't think that in any way demeans or infringes on the relationships of heterosexuals, whether religious or otherwise.

I think it's fine for America to continue efforts to treat people of all backgrounds in consistently fair ways. I don't think that we need to stereotype everyone from a given class for the actions of some.

I am an American. To me, that is what this country is about. It is what we stand for. I belong here, too. If you think I don't, then up yours.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:53 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
lol. And you are being lied to by her.

Full circle.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. So all of a sudden those lies were bad, but her lies are all good?

Pathetic!
Some of you repubs don't even think for one minute on the email deal that she dreamed up this supposed thing. Over 55000 emails she turned over and then what about 2 thousand more. 55000 Emails and multiple servers were used and replaced for various reasons. I am quite confident that she doesn't know more than me about emails and faxing etc and i wouldn't have. Some of those emails that were questions by her asking how to do something in the electronic world. She was poorly served by her IT staff. You say that bush was given bad intelligence thus how can you not accept that she was poorly served and wasn't lying? Can't a person just make a mistake? Although it has been proven that bush ignored the intelligence and lied to all of us.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:57 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
lol. And you are being lied to by her.

Full circle.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. So all of a sudden those lies were bad, but her lies are all good?

Pathetic!
Where and when has Hillary Clinton told a lie in order to start a war or a "police action".

All politicians lie, if not outright untruths, then by omission. What's pathetic is that Republicans either can't or won't differentiate between lies that result in colossal policy blunders that cost lives (ie, Johnson using the Gulf of Tonkin "incident" to expand the Vietnam War or Bush using the threat of non-existent WMDs to invade Iraq) and politicians covering their behinds in incidents that could reveal them to be careless, foolish, venal, etc.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:31 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
I don't want change, I want more of the same. The last idiot that held the office is responsible for Obama getting a Nobel Peace Prize for simply not being such an ignorant arse.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:08 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Although it has been proven that bush ignored the intelligence and lied to all of us.
Two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

You know Hilarity is lying when her lips are moving.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:23 PM

759 posts, read 637,012 times
Quote:

Exactly... just count the number of lies in this 2 min clip.

... and the Hillarybots talk about this woman like she walks on water.

L

O

L

Old 07-10-2016, 05:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

This is such a canard. How many times does this claim ('Bush lied, people died') have to be debunked?

Bush was not a weapons inspector and, as such, he is not the one who formulated the claim (based on his own research) that Saddam had WMD. Bob Woodward makes the case below.

Bob Woodward: Bush Didn't Lie to Start Iraq War | US News Opinion

Of course, we all know Hillary was lying (and continues to do so) about her email server. No reason for her to stop when she's still the odds-on favorite to win in November.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:32 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
Most democrats are going to vote for Hillary because the media have made them terrified of what a Donald Trump presidency will look like, and not because they believe in Hillary. They know full well who her patrons are.

Only history will tell if the Clintons really did put Donald Trump up to running in order to put it in the bag for Hillary. I'm not saying that I think they did, but I'm also not ruling it out because it is too convenient.
The media did no such thing. Trump did it to himself right in front of everybody. Self inflicted wounds. What may also be called unforced errors.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:42 PM

759 posts, read 637,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
The media did no such thing.
The media has done exactly that. They are brainwashing the American people in an attempt to discourage voters that are for Trump to either vote for Hillary or not vote at all.

But yeah... go ahead and vote for the candidate who wants to flood the country with more illegals, Syrians, Muslims... anything to increase the number of Democratic voters.

What can possibly go wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections