Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 01:26 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,274,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
We need a third party, and maybe even a forth and a fifth. It would make it more difficult for corrupt politicians to corrupt the entire system. With a two party system, we will all lose, every single time.
We have third, fourth, and fifth parties, but it requires people to vote for them. You can't say we need a third party and then not vote for any other party beyond the big two.

I am a liberal, I have never liked Hillary, I hate Trump, and I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils nonsense, therefore I am voting Jill Stein and the Green Party. I don't think Stein will win, but I do think it is a third party that deserves my support. That support is what a party is founded on and votes is what it takes for third parties to grow.

So if you want something more than Democrats and Republicans, don't vote for either one, vote for one of the other parties you agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 01:29 AM

12,998 posts, read 13,579,157 times
OP, I don't want change. I'm reasonably satisfied with the direction the country is heading.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:37 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
I think Hillary is better at working with people than Obama is. She's not as rigid and she really tries to find answers to problems. She knows how to compromise.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:40 AM

12,998 posts, read 13,579,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think Hillary is better at working with people than Obama is. She's not as rigid and she really tries to find answers to problems. She knows how to compromise.
Agreed. She'll also hit the ground running. The learning curve will be a very gentle slope. Hillary is going to be extremely effective at enacting policy.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:40 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,274,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think you got your names mixed up because that doesn't sound like Hillary, nor does it reflect her past actions.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:07 AM

827 posts, read 681,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Agreed. She'll also hit the ground running. The learning curve will be a very gentle slope. Hillary is going to be extremely effective at enacting policy.
She will have an easy time enacting policy alright, but it will be policy that benefits her cronies on Wall St to the detriment of the rest of us. That is exactly why she is so dangerous.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:22 AM

29,628 posts, read 24,644,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
She will have an easy time enacting policy alright, but it will be policy that benefits her cronies on Wall St to the detriment of the rest of us. That is exactly why she is so dangerous.
But Hilarity claims that Trump will rig the system in favor of Wallstreet. Kind of like what Obama and the Federal Reserve has done! And her supporters gobble up the garbage like pigs at the trough. Fools!

Old 07-10-2016, 08:26 AM

9,296 posts, read 14,188,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
OP, I don't want change. I'm reasonably satisfied with the direction the country is heading.
Look, on a personal and short-term perspective, I don't want change either: nothing that the executive has done over the past 25 years has hurt me, on the contrary, and my worst enemy has been myself.

However, I am concerned about having basically the same two families in executive power and the degree of illegality at that level, e.g. certain wars, failure to enforce existentially important laws, using government as a tool for personal and cronies' business and enrichment, the speed of globalization that has left too many behind on US soil and not even lifted up enough people elsewhere, and the false sense of security that average people have with sops like cockamamie monetary, credit and social policies.

I get the impression of the boiling frog thing.

Good Luck!

Old 07-10-2016, 08:37 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,562,390 times
Default If you want change, and you plan to vote for Hilarity Clinton...

Substantive change will require getting the Republican dead wood out of the house and senate. Also, Hillary will be able to appoint a very liberal justice to replace Scalia. It's going to be very satisfying to see that happen, foiling McConnell's foolish plan to keep Garland out.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:52 AM

9,296 posts, read 14,188,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Substantive change will require getting the Republican dead wood out of the house and senate.
I disagree. The deadwood in the so-called republican branch of the establishment party is at the top.

The role of conservatism in society is to help change, which is the very definition of life, to occur at a stable and healthy pace, slow if necessary, and not to act maliciously as a false catalyst to profit from change at break-neck speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections