Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 12:30 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,036,876 times

Advertisements

Tired of the nit picking left. Star of David. Stupid.
It's a shape used like a square and has NO meaning in the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 12:37 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,036,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Donald Trump has taken a lot of heat for re-tweeting a post critical of Hillary Clinton, which contained an image of a Star of David atop a pile of money, which many recognize as an anti-Semitic symbol. Although his campaign quickly removed the image, Donald now says that it should have stayed on there, and would defend the tweet.

I don't think trump is anti-Semitic. He didn't create the Star of David on money image; it was lifted off a white supremacist website. But the person who created the image in the first place most certainly intended it as an anti Jewish reference. If Donald had said, "Hey I'm sorry. I didn't realize that was on there," he could be excused. But Donald did not do this. Donald Trump is pathologically incapable of admitting he made a mistake.

Last year, when questioned whether he ever asks God for forgiveness, he said no:
Trump on God: 'I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness' - Business Insider
A person who is incapable of admitting when he is wrong is very dangerous, and not fit to be President.
The picture was NOT lifted off a white supremacist website. That site put it on there website. It was a public image used on different sites.The left is really stretching it. They lie.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:44 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,020,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I'm tired of all the nitpicking too but I disagree on the star issue. Since the meme was developed by a person who creates these types of illustrations on an anti-Semitic twitter account (and the meme was used on an anti-Semitic message board a few day later), it is obvious what the star is suppose to signify. So it DOES have meaning inside the meme itself ...the creator intended for the entire meme to be anti-Semitic so no matter if he meant the star itself to be overt or covert symbolism, he meant it to signify of the Star of David, PERIOD.

If not, HE would have used a circle or some other symbol in the first place. He didn't. He used a six-pointed star that replicated the outline of the Star of David.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:48 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,020,091 times
Quote:
The picture was NOT lifted off a white supremacist website. That site put it on there website. It was a public image used on different sites.The left is really stretching it. They lie.
No, somebody had to create the meme at some point. It has been proven that it was created by somebody who uses a twitter account that promotes anti-Semitic discussion. Somebody else then used it on another anti-Semitic message board. The Trump campaign had to take it from either of those sources.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:20 AM

9,130 posts, read 5,772,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
No, somebody had to create the meme at some point. It has been proven that it was created by somebody who uses a twitter account that promotes anti-Semitic discussion. Somebody else then used it on another anti-Semitic message board. The Trump campaign had to take it from either of those sources.
Had to?
http://media.salon.com/2016/07/Trump-Frozen1.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-11-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 07-11-2016, 03:04 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,127,941 times
Why is Trump or his campaign people following anti-Semitic websites? That bugs me.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,441,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Why? I certainly dont want the President apologizing every time we offend some country. Who cares?
Some country? What country would that be? Are people really this clueless? That post from Trump was appalling. And what terrifies me more than the original post from Trump are people who either excuse it (even though he obviously changed it after being informed of it), or those being deliberately obtuse.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Why is Trump or his campaign people following anti-Semitic websites? That bugs me.
No kidding! But, according to some on this site, I shouldn't get my little feelings hurt.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:24 AM

Quote:
It has a LOT of meaning to a LOT of people. Anyone working for Trump or any other candidate should know that.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:51 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,157,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
BINGO!!! This is what the Trumplettes keep ignoring. If you're not into anti-Semitism or white supremacy why are bigoted memes from those kinds of organizations repeatedly showing up in your campaign???

The last time I looked, Trump wasn't a member of either the Anti-Defamation League or the Southern Anti-Poverty Law Center and charged with monitoring hate sites. In fact, he's probably put himself on both organization's list of "persons of interest" because of his tweets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections