U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 10:18 AM

416 posts, read 197,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
"Its about running the country" Doesn't it bother you that she is just fundamentally dishonest and lacks a backbone? How do you thing she is viewed by those countries who are not our friends? Thats the main question in my mind at least. I think they see Trump warily and with some degree of fear. Her? I think they see her as someone who can be bought....which concerns me given the FBI directors estimation that her person email was hacked and exploitable by other "hostile actors".

Does this trouble you?
This where we disagree AADAD. I don't think she is fundamentally dishonest, i think she is a typical politician (which certainly isn't a compliment). It's been part and parcel of the political process as long as i can remember; it's just getting worse.

I won't try and speak for all D's, but i think i am pretty much in line how most of us feel. Take Benghazi for example: 8 hearings and she not only survived them all but she looked strong and confident doing them. It should have died long ago but the republican's knew she was going to be the nominee and they felt they couldn't beat her in a straight up election.

The goal was to discredit her and it didn't work. Hell, what if the D's had demanded 8 hearings on Bush 2 for lying to Congress over weapons of mass destruction? At what cost or purpose would it have served? Should we have held hearings about 9/11? 3000 people died under his watch...was he responsible?

They're rhetorical questions BTW. That would have been "playing politics," and it's what i hate most about our current system. And in fact that's how many of us view the "email scandal." There's a litany of past sins and indiscretions by countless others and frankly we all tend to think about emails as throwaways...who cares?

Obviously the republicans do, because it's their only hope of stopping her. Playing politics riles the troops, but it doesn't change history. Saying something is so, doesn't make it true. All of which leads up to Hillary being the next president.

I've said it before, i think Hillary was beatable...with the right candidate. The republicans got blindsided by Trump and now they're stuck.

Anyway, just my opinion. It's all any of us have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 10:19 AM

12,264 posts, read 11,291,382 times
It is impossible to say Benghazi and backbone in the same sentence in relationship to the lady. What a disgrace.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:20 AM

12,264 posts, read 11,291,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
This where we disagree AADAD. I don't think she is fundamentally dishonest, i think she is a typical politician (which certainly isn't a compliment). It's been part and parcel of the political process as long as i can remember; it's just getting worse.

I won't try and speak for all D's, but i think i am pretty much in line how most of us feel. Take Benghazi for example: 8 hearings and she not only survived them all but she looked strong and confident doing them. It should have died long ago but the republican's knew she was going to be the nominee and they felt they couldn't beat her in a straight up election.

The goal was to discredit her and it didn't work. Hell, what if the D's had demanded 8 hearings on Bush 2 for lying to Congress over weapons of mass destruction? At what cost or purpose would it have served? Should we have held hearings about 9/11? 3000 people died under his watch...was he responsible?

They're rhetorical questions BTW. That would have been "playing politics," and it's what i hate most about our current system. And in fact that's how many of us view the "email scandal." There's a litany of past sins and indiscretions by countless others and frankly we all tend to think about emails as throwaways...who cares?

Obviously the republicans do, because it's their only hope of stopping her. Playing politics riles the troops, but it doesn't change history. Saying something is so, doesn't make it true. All of which leads up to Hillary being the next president.

I've said it before, i think Hillary was beatable...with the right candidate. The republicans got blindsided by Trump and now they're stuck.

Actually the goal was to find out why Americans were killed without any help. You missed that? These are real people my new friend.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:23 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,167,464 times
Quote:
I asked if it troubled you and you compared her to other politicians. It bothers me that she has shown little integrity and left herself wide open to being blackmailed. I find it unfathomable that you think she has backbone. She is a Gerber Baby when it comes to taking a stand....note...her repeated lies (under oath) about her emails. Backbone? Surely you jest.

If she is convicted of a crime she will be unelectable....
Nope. Not jesting. But I am looking forward to November!

Old 07-11-2016, 10:27 AM

16,820 posts, read 11,767,099 times
Quote:
Her status is she is good to go. She'll become the candidate at the convention and then will win in November.

What's so hard about that?
You sound full of despair, don't worry, HRC will not be the dem candidate to run against Trump.

I mean who would vote for her?

She has been excoriated by the FBI who validated her irresponsible behavior. No one in the right mind would want her to be president. after all it would reflect poorly on their ethics and who can support a chronic liar whose tenure as SOS exacerbated upheaval, mistrust and violence around the world.

No way anyone could justify voting for HRC, so don't worry.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:27 AM

5,945 posts, read 4,863,182 times
I expect epic tears and wailing on Nov 9th after Hillary's status is updated to "president elect."

Old 07-11-2016, 10:33 AM

12,616 posts, read 4,775,621 times
Quote:
Actually the goal was to find out why Americans were killed without any help. You missed that? These are real people my new friend.
Uhh no.

the goal was to take a very unfortunate incident and weave it into something damaging to Clinton.

Failed. Repeatedly.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:38 AM

3,119 posts, read 1,261,504 times
Quote:
Her status is she is good to go. She'll become the candidate at the convention and then will win in November.

What's so hard about that?
Which would be the final nail in America's coffin...

Old 07-11-2016, 10:39 AM

17,027 posts, read 9,531,703 times
Quote:

This reads like a "Hillary, right or wrong" declaration of blind love.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:42 AM

3,119 posts, read 1,261,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Hillary status?
Benghazi? after numerous interrogations no wrong doing found.
Emails? FBI concludes nothing worthy of prosecution.
So you're happy and satisfied to support a corrupt, fixed system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or