U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 08:33 PM

78,223 posts, read 33,331,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Well....yeah! This is politics. You play the cards you are dealt. I'm sure holding her accountable would be a nice bonus though.
Holding her responsible should be the desire. That it isn't shows that one side is not any better than the others here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 PM

10,813 posts, read 10,140,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Holding her responsible should be the desire. That it isn't shows that one side is not any better than the others here.
One side is not any better than the other, at least not during the election cycle. Both sides will do whatever it takes to win. That's not to say that one side's policy positions are not better than the other's but that is relative to the voter's opinions. The election itself, is just a high stakes poker game. Most people pretend it's not a game, and a few people actually believe it is not a game, but those are the people I really worry about.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 07-11-2016 at 09:30 PM..

Old 07-11-2016, 09:06 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,902,140 times
I think the clinton defense will simply be.....

I am too stupid, incompetent, grossly negligent, and "extremely careless" to prosecute

part of the stupid, incompetent, grossly negligent, and "extremely careless":

https://gma.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-stands-claim-she-did-not-send-215043490--abc-news-topstories.html

Quote:
Hillary Clinton Stands By Claim She Did Not 'Send or Receive' Information Marked Classified, Despite FBI Findings
Perhaps we should throw in keep up the lying?

Old 07-11-2016, 09:13 PM

11,946 posts, read 5,672,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Remember, a cat has only 9 lives...

Top Republicans Ask Justice Department to Investigate Clinton for Perjury - ABC News

The Clintons erred in allowing Comey to speak and now any judge will easily find her guilty of perjury. Open and shut case. Rev up the Berniemobile, Dems.
Hillary Clinton is "Too Big to Jail".
The "case" is not a "case" at all unless Ms Loretta says it is ..... and she won't do that.
Remember the Tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton - no way will the DOJ ask the FBI to investigate and bring a case for Perjury against the Presumptive Queen. In fact - Hillary has already said she though Ms Loretta would be a good AG in her administration. The FBI already said she perjured herself before Congress AND the American people .... but nothing happens unless the DOJ and Ms Loretta allow it to happen.

The Corruption in the US Department of Justice is Arrogant and widespread.
It's a very serious problem when the Laws become meaningless and applied in totally Political methods.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:17 PM

416 posts, read 197,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think if they can keep this in the spotlight until November, it may hurt Hillary in the election. It doesn't matter so much if they get a conviction or not. It fell out of the news cycle so quickly, this is a way to bring it back in. I don't think there is really any downside for the republicans to do this, as the only people it is "turning off" are people that are going to vote for Hillary anyway. I think if they keep saying she's a liar, she's a crook, it will eventually stick in people's heads, if it hasn't already.
Too bad that's the only thing the republicans have to campaign on. When they run out of the "let's attack Hillary strategy", they still have the Donald there as the option .

The good news is it really only hurts when you think about it.

Last edited by William Gordon; 07-11-2016 at 09:54 PM..

Old 07-11-2016, 09:19 PM

3,516 posts, read 2,215,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Dream on.
LOL
I swear you folks NEVER learn.

Ken
Ken, I don't understand your comment. We all know that she lied under oath to Congress, Comey admitted as much. What's to "learn" other than that the Clintons never take responsibility for their actions? And, PS, I don't LOL at a possible future President who blatantly lies to the people, although I'm unfortunately getting used to it.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:39 PM

16,703 posts, read 8,536,456 times
Ignorance of the law applies to rodham. Futile in this case but not desperate. Trump will trounce the crook.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:54 PM

17,630 posts, read 11,106,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
In other news:

Mrs. Edna Lutz of Muskogee, Oklahoma asked the Justice Department to investigate the disappearance of her cat by an alien spaceship.

Ok, you win the prize ! Best line I have seen for a while !

Don

Old 07-11-2016, 10:09 PM

5,945 posts, read 4,862,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Remember, a cat has only 9 lives...

Top Republicans Ask Justice Department to Investigate Clinton for Perjury - ABC News

The Clintons erred in allowing Comey to speak and now any judge will easily find her guilty of perjury. Open and shut case. Rev up the Berniemobile, Dems.

Poor GOP, trying to manufacture yet another phony scandal.

Old 07-11-2016, 10:22 PM

17,027 posts, read 9,530,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Dream on.
LOL
I swear you folks NEVER learn.

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Man this looks very desperate and crazy on the part of the GOP. It really is like a witch hunt. It is like you will never give up.

You forget that the FBI clearly showed that she broke the Law but was only not recommended for indictment due to the Director not agreeing with the Law ala Roberts and Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or