Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 08:35 AM

18,417 posts, read 15,116,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
What's Trumps excuse for not showing his taxes? I wonder if the Democrats refused to show their tax returns how the republicans would react? Probably spend more taxpayers money investigating it ??
Not showing your taxes is not illegal. In fact it is quite the opposite, it is your right. But if a democrat did it, I would probably participate in the political theater surrounding it, as you are doing now with Trump.

With Hillary, it is more messy, because while there is political theater on both sides with that, she likely did break the law as well.

Whether she is found guilty or not, they better do something to deter officials from doing the same thing in the future. Exposing government secrets to the world is dangerous business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 08:39 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,378,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
What's Trumps excuse for not showing his taxes? I wonder if the Democrats refused to show their tax returns how the republicans would react? Probably spend more taxpayers money investigating it ??
Can you imagine? Heck, they were demanding that Obama show his BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Hmm, what's more important? Trump not showing us his taxes, or Hillary wilfully violating the law while exposing this country's classified secrets to hostile countries all the time lying about it while flirting with treason.

Notice that's not even a hard choice for Democrats.
If Hillary had 'willfully violated the law' - she would be indicted.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:44 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,599,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Can you imagine? Heck, they were demanding that Obama show his BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

If Hillary had 'willfully violated the law' - she would be indicted.
The new standard for government crooks. You have to prove willful intent.

The rest of us only have to be grossly negligent.

When she lied over and over again, it wasn't with willful intent. She was temporarily overcome by alien Pods.

Now, I suppose we, as zombies, are suppose to believe what she is saying now. I mean, we aren't thinking people. We too have been taken over by alien Pods.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:53 AM

24,230 posts, read 16,911,280 times
If Trump would stop saying stupid things and simply concentrate on Hillary's scandals he will win. He should pound on Benghazi where she left our guys out there to die will she played politics. That would guarantee the veteran and active service member votes. Pounding home the Email scandal where knowingly broke the law and was not held accountable for it proves she is above the law should ensure the vote of everyone else who does not want to have a treasonous, criminal liar in the white house.
One other point Trump needs to pound home is Security when it comes to terrorists and the open border.

Even with all that the election is still Hillary's to lose and Trumps to win.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:28 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,275,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Yup, I agree.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:38 AM

416 posts, read 258,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If Trump would stop saying stupid things and simply concentrate on Hillary's scandals he will win. He should pound on Benghazi where she left our guys out there to die will she played politics. That would guarantee the veteran and active service member votes. Pounding home the Email scandal where knowingly broke the law and was not held accountable for it proves she is above the law should ensure the vote of everyone else who does not want to have a treasonous, criminal liar in the white house.
One other point Trump needs to pound home is Security when it comes to terrorists and the open border.

One has to love these kinds of comments filling this site: The republican's platform is to "get Hillary."
I guess when your fallback position is Trump and the fact every time he opens his mouth, he steps in another pile, maybe that is the only strategy the repubies have to offer.

BTW, here's the part of the article you failed to mention:
Among all voters, 60 percent say the outcome makes no difference in their vote choice, including an identical share of political independents. Republican voters are the most likely to say the outcome discourages them to support Clinton — 49 percent — though the vast majority of this group was already strongly opposed to her candidacy before the FBI's announcement.
Most say outcome of Clinton probe won't impact vote.

Bingo.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:41 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,212,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It's terrifying to think that 35% of the populace is that stupid and ignorant to think she didn't commit a crime.
No, they just don't think she should be charged. I don't either because this was a simple GOP witch hunt without a care in the world for security. I'd like to see them go after their candidates with the same vigor as they do her. Then I would agree she should be charged.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,900,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, they just don't think she should be charged. I don't either because this was a simple GOP witch hunt without a care in the world for security. I'd like to see them go after their candidates with the same vigor as they do her. Then I would agree she should be charged.
A GOP "witch hunt" started by Obama's FBI.

The DNC talking points never grow old with you, do they?

Old 07-12-2016, 09:46 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,773,634 times
In a normal year this would have ended her candidacy. But this year... not so much.

The fact of the matter is there is a crap ton of people that see her opponent as unredeemably terrible. So much so that they'll vote for her just to stop him from winning.

Hillary has folks who feel the same way about her, but it seems they are outnumbered by the number of people terrified of Trump.

I didn't even think it was possible to run someone more hated than a Clinton.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:01 AM

9,098 posts, read 13,113,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...erate-clinton/

31% of Democrats thought she should be charged...
59% of independents...
88% of Republicans...
56% overall...

9% undecided, 35% wanted her to skate free.

43% of Americans say her email scandal makes them worried how she would perform as president.

Virtually all Democrats say it makes no difference in how they will vote though even if they wanted her charged.
Only 43%, that is scary. Hillary Clinton ignored the rules and just figured they would not apply to her while she was Secretary of State and still was under the watch of President Obama. Now if she gets elected President, there will be no one to watch over what she does.

It sort of is, potentially, like putting the fox in charge of the chicken coop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections