Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:41 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Kasich is exactly what Trump needs. But idk if Kasich would want it.
He wouldn't. He still won't even endorse the guy much less be his VP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Kasich is a "big government" guy. He never met a program that he did not want to expand. I want someone to start rolling back all of this "service" and let the states service its citizens.
Yeah. Trump will be no different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 08:42 PM

29,175 posts, read 22,146,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Trump is incapable of articulating his message. He needs a moderate guy who knows how to talk on a stage coherently and concisely.

Whether or not that's Kasich is one thing but he needs somebody similar.
And that's why Kasich was never considered. The last person Trump wants speaking in his place is one who has the voice of reason.

Trump has to feed his base nothing but raw meat. That's what put him were he is, and his running mate has to do the same, if he's allowed to speak at all. The problem is the Trumpettes want more and more red meat every time they turn out, and there always comes a time when a candidate has to give some serious adult speeches about stuff that lasts longer than a day or two.

Trump as a primary candidate didn't have anyone to constrain him and hold him down. Trump the Presidential candidate now has some hard-assed professionals managing him who know a thing or two about winning and losing the big elections.
If Donald fails to heed them, they'll drop him like a hot rock. Some already did. And he knows nothing at all about what it will take in the next 90 days to win. They, and only they, do.

I sure don't envy anyone in his staff. Sarah Palin was a handful, but she went catatonic when she could no longer cope with the pressure. Trump will just amp it all up another couple of notches if his handlers try to restrain him too much or too often.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:32 AM

22,810 posts, read 12,003,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
He said several times he wasn't interested.
Yes he did make it clear that he was not interested in being the VP for anyone, not just Trump. Kasich only wanted the top spot, not to be the second banana. He had stated that if he didn't become the presidential nominee then he'd rather continue being the Ohio governor--which he claims is the second best job in the country.

Quote:
Said he wouldn't be able to justify it to his daughters, or something to that effect.
The 'justifying to his daughters' wasn't about becoming the VP for Trump, or for anyone else, it was about justifying to his daughters if he decided to not honor his pledge in supporting the nominee.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:59 AM

33,462 posts, read 17,970,130 times
Kasich is a big baby. He broke his oath to support whoever the nominee would be.. he broke his oath..shows Kasich is not a man of his word and pouted.. Kasich will not support Trump so why should Trump ask Kasich for anything.. this guy can get really angry and shows his other side.. it is not pretty . Saw him nasty angry at a few people while the cameras were rolling.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
One problem is that Trump and his supporters have hurled so many insults at GOP Establishment politicians (and to Ted Cruz as well) over the past year. Unfortunately, such actions have consequences; one can't expect to get the support of others after those individuals have been treated like dirt. And as far as I know, Trump hasn't even apologized to other Republicans for his reprehensible behavior.

Regarding Kasich specifically, I heard on one of the political shows (and I don't know how accurate this is) that Trump really wanted to choose him because Kasich would help with winning Ohio and because Kasich has vast Congressional experience. However, it was Kasich who adamantly did not want to join the ticket.

Also, I don't think that this situation is analogous to JFK in 1960. In the Summer of 1960, Kennedy was only a slight underdog against Nixon. But barring some unforeseen calamity occurring over the next four months, Trump has very little chance of defeating Clinton. (And I say that as somebody who despises Clinton more than Trump.) Hence, it would be political suicide for Kasich--or anybody else who wants to run for president in 2020--to agree to be Trump's running mate. Indeed, if Trump was performing better against Clinton in the polls, I do think that many GOP Establishment politicians would agree to be his running mate (in spite of the insults Trump has hurled in the past).
As if the GOP hasn't insulted Trump..

Some in the GOP can't grow up and are still crying they didn't become the nominee.. the people spoke . The GOP has been the problem anyway.. that is why the rise of Trump. I don't care about the words as much as the actions.. sick of the big blow hards that do nothing for this country or its people.

Hillary will let the globalist elite run this country .. shipping more jobs overseas. Nothing new here.. many illegals will continue to pour in along with the drugs and crime if Hillary gets elected.
We will have terrorist attacks and it will scare the hell out of men women and the children wondering if today am I going to get blown up in a mall or movie house if I dare venture out.

Yes, Hillary will be supporting more Muslims coming over and ISIS will grow. They are around the world today and want to terrorize us on a daily basis.. that is their goal, that will be their strength and Hillary don't give a damn about the common people.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:11 AM

12,998 posts, read 13,577,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Since many people feel that John Kasich may have been the best VP pick for Trump, I have been wondering two things.

1- Did Trump ever consider him, and if so did he ever try to get a meeting to discuss it.
2-Did Kasich want the job, if anyone other than Trump had been the nominee.

If Kennedy and LBJ could learn to co exist for the greater good, it is disappointing that these two could not do the same.
It's hilarious that you would compare Trump to Kennedy. This man child is more like a Will Ferrell character than a serious person.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It's hilarious that you would compare Trump to Kennedy. This man child is more like a Will Ferrell character than a serious person.
Hillary is like a mob boss. dead bodies following her and she shows how corrupt she is.. and she smiles..

Old 07-13-2016, 04:36 AM

2,902 posts, read 1,956,039 times
Kasich would be an awful pick and I say that as someone living in Ohio. Donald's running as an outsider, if he picks a career politician, someone who was part of the problem for so long then got a nice, well-paying job at Lehman Brothers after he left Congress, it would have to change the perception his supporters have of him.

Kasich would be as bad of a pick for Trump as Fiorina would have been for Cruz had he won the nomination, but for different reasons.

My guess is he picks Christie, although Trump might be shallow enough to not pick him due to weight, and want someone more 'photogenic' shall we say. i don't care for Christie, then again there's only one politician I'd want Trump to ask, Ted Cruz. But most voters I have to believe would like Christie better than some of the other names being talked about as possibilities. Considering Donald's age his VP pick better be someone who could handle the job well should Donald die or become incapacitated. A very good reason to pick Cruz.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:22 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,837,735 times
Idon;t think Trump's ego would have allowed him to ask, and even if he did, Kasich would have said no. Kasich's a RINO, but at least he's a man of principle.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:23 AM

12,998 posts, read 13,577,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary is like a mob boss. dead bodies following her and she shows how corrupt she is.. and she smiles..
What dead bodies? Do you mean Vince Foster whose death was investigated by Kenneth Starr, the man who was determined to take down the Clintons at all costs? And the investigation resulted in no findings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections