Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bernie Voters. Who Will You Vote For?
Trump 15 19.74%
Clinton 32 42.11%
Another Party 22 28.95%
Not Voting 7 9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 06:56 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,253,544 times

Advertisements

Election Technicality: Bernie Has Not Yet Officially Conceded - The Ring of Fire Network

Quote:
As per DNC rules, a candidate with an active campaign is not allowed to deny an endorsement of another campaign. Doing so would result in forfeiture of said candidate's superdelegate states, and the loss of access to the convention floor stage.

This is difficult to research online and verify independently with the flood of "endorsement means stepping down" news. I looked for a copy of the rules on the convention page and didn't find anything saying this, but one Youtube video on this recently said it's written in their bylaws.

From these pieces I gathered that Bernie had to endorse Hilary in order not to lose his delegates so he could go on to the convention with them, but first he had to fight for a seat at the table by eating some crow.

They cite that in 32' FDR did a similar thing where he endorsed his opponent and then fought and won a contested nomination. That since this hasn't happened in awhile not a lot of us at the lower levels will know about it.

I also read on his fb supporter pages that after he endorsed her he called his delegates to make sure they were still going to the convention because he'll need them to back him up. There is no fight without them. There are also recent calls from his supporters to still march on the convention in two weeks and show it's really the people's revolution they're dealing with and that the revolution isn't over yet.

The thing that makes me skeptical about these comments is watching his endorsement of her and saying, "She'd make a great President." If he says that then how is he supposed to contest it at the convention by saying I'm the most trustworthy because the people don't trust her, ect?

Then there is this cryptic message from his official facebook campaign page, Forever Forward, like don't give up on me now. Read what you want into it but I read that they're actively looking for someone to take over the movement. That to me either means he is stepping down or just moving on eventually.

I don't want to give false hope but for now I'm going to hold my breath and wait for "the moment of truth" at the convention. Unless of course he does formally concede, for further clarification, to his most ardent supporters. Or if somebody else on here knows something about this.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-13-2016 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 06:58 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,341,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
My value system doesn't v permit me to vote for liars who have made their careers by stomping on hard working families.

Next stop:

Brand New Congress
Their platform lacks specifics but from what I can tell they are are no different then Bernie or the Green party. Why not just support the Green party?

Old 07-13-2016, 07:06 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,598,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Their platform lacks specifics but from what I can tell they are are no different then Bernie or the Green party. Why not just support the Green party?
Platforms may or may not be similar. Time will tell. A platform that focuses on the rigged system has a chance of developing momentum. And then there is implementation. Ultimately it's about which group can actually develop an organization that can implement. So far I am very impressed by the plan and implementation progress of Brand New Congress:

Brand New Congress

They seem to have the passion that is needed. I'm going to participate and observe how things evolve. I like the idea of a Brand New Congress. It has punch and it is a an idea whose time has come.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:21 AM

20,830 posts, read 16,966,580 times
Interesting results.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:26 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,341,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Platforms may or may not be similar. Time will tell. A platform that focuses on the rigged system has a chance of developing momentum. And then there is implementation. Ultimately it's about which group can actually develop an organization that can implement. So far I am very impressed by the plan and implementation progress of Brand New Congress:

Brand New Congress

They seem to have the passion that is needed. I'm going to participate and observe how things evolve. I like the idea of a Brand New Congress. It has punch and it is a an idea whose time has come.
I have to give the group some credit at least they are concentrating on congressional seats where most of the game is being played. Where the LP and Green party run for president and little else. I doubt I would be interested considering I lean right. IMO I would like to see a group formed on ideas that both the left and right agree on. I have family and friends that are big Bernie supporters and on some issues there is common ground. IMO, it is going to take the right and left coming together on ideas to move the country in a better direction.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:29 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,598,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I have to give the group some credit at least they are concentrating on congressional seats where most of the game is being played. Where the LP and Green party run for president and little else. I doubt I would be interested considering I lean right. IMO I would like to see a group formed on ideas that both the left and right agree on. I have family and friends that are big Bernie supporters and on some issues there is common ground. IMO, it is going to take the right and left coming together on ideas to move the country in a better direction.
I'm 100% in agreement. Focus on the rigged system and stay away from divisive social issues. At this point it's all about the economy and people's everyday lives.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:44 AM

9,842 posts, read 7,578,671 times
Johnson

Old 07-13-2016, 07:47 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,312,487 times
Not voting. She hasn't earned my vote.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:52 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,481,274 times
Nota

Old 07-13-2016, 07:52 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,253,544 times
Since Bernie has only endorsed and not conceded the election, and has yet to release his delegates, I'm holding my breath for "the moment of truth". He can still contest the election at the DNC convention in two weeks like FDR did in 32' and went on the win the nomination.

After that we'll see what happens. Then I may go third party. Most likely with Jill Stein, Green Party. I've also read that if a third party gets 5% of the vote in the election then they will receive mandatory federal funding for further elections and a place on all ballots in every State, so it's not entirely throwing my vote away. Perhaps the prominent rise of a third party option will finally help alleviate this gridlock in Washington with the two party system strangle hold on things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections