U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bernie Voters. Who Will You Vote For?
Trump 15 19.74%
Clinton 32 42.11%
Another Party 22 28.95%
Not Voting 7 9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 03:10 AM

11,058 posts, read 3,723,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
He's only endorsing Clinton because he hates Trump. Why do you think it took him so long to do this?

Hillary was the one that ran negative ads on Bernie and lied about him and his record but Bernie hates Trump? that makes sense.

endorsed the person that attacked you for months and lied about your record over and over but hate the guy that never talked bad about you? liberal logic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 03:53 AM

34,240 posts, read 41,245,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I'm surprised he endorsed the establishment criminal.
Perhaps you could elaborate on your allegation of establishment criminal.
In the mean time i'll vote for who i think is the most qualified for the job=
Donald Trumps qualifications to be President

Quote:
Well hes an American citizen born in the US and he is old enough.
Hillary Clintons Qualifications to be President=
Quote:
* Graduated from Yale Law School
* Worked as staff of a U.S. Senate subcommittee
* Staff of the Presidential Impeachment Inquiry Commitee,
advising the U.S. House Judiciary Committee during the Nixon impeachment proceedings.
* Faculty, University of Arkansas Law School
* Part-time chairman of the Legal Services Corporation, appointed by President Carter.
* Member of the Rose Law Firm
* National Law Journal named her twice one of the 100 most powerful lawyers in America
* Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Family
* Chaired the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee
* First Lady of Arkansas for 12 years
* First Lady of the United States of America for 8 years
* Chaired President Clinton's National Task Force on Health Care Reform
* Elected United States Senator from New York; served for eight years
* Served for five years as President Obama's Secretary of State, fourth in line of succession of the Presidency

Old 07-14-2016, 05:36 AM

8,640 posts, read 4,658,607 times
Heard Steins donations increased by a 1000% since yesterday's endorsement

Old 07-14-2016, 06:22 AM

1,050 posts, read 543,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Perhaps you could elaborate on your allegation of establishment criminal.
In the mean time i'll vote for who i think is the most qualified for the job=
Donald Trumps qualifications to be President

Hillary Clintons Qualifications to be President=
All the illustrious credentials in the world cannot take the place of wise and responsible leadership.

It's not just about what one accomplishes, it's also about who gets them there and their values.
No one achieves anything on their own.

Bernie fell in line w/ the party, like he said he would do, so I don't think that necessarily means he thinks she's great.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:27 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What does a Trumpster know about Bernie or Hillary OR their platform? Since he has come out and endorsed her - they actually do share the same platform.

You have not been listening.

Don't you worry. Trump will fix it all.
I don't find anything that Trump says to be racist and I have listened. People like to twist words to make something out of nothing. Only when you listen will you hear what people are really saying.

Bernie and Hillary are like the odd couple. You cannot oppose things one day that you are against to the core and then support them the next. It makes you a sell out and therefore should not be taken seriously because you are now showing that what you fought for in the beginning didn't really matter as much to you as you said it did. Bernie was everything Hillary was not when he was running, he was very much anti-Hillary and should be running as an independent if he really wanted to practice what he preached. Its all a game. I think Trump should run be running as an independent as well for that matter. Political parties divide the nation instead of bringing them together.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:28 AM

1,050 posts, read 543,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Bless you for caring!

If we can ever change business as usual, you will get excited about national politics again.

Vote your conscience and be proud of yourself.

I will say that I don't quite understand why some of the Bernie supporters don't vote Trump. After all, he is an unknown quantity and has never run for political office before so I can't imagine it will be business as usual in Washington with a private sector guy at the helm to shake things up.

I was really hoping that Trump might go out on a limb and pick Ron Paul or a libertarian, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
I think alot of Bernie supporters will--some of them just aren't open to talking about it and getting ridiculed.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:13 AM

11,327 posts, read 5,923,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Unless he plans to take action to stop forcing the US to bear the bulk of the burden in funding global pharmaceutical R&D, hence giving other countries an incentive to pay their fair share, 'Libertarianism' isn't going to do jack to make healthcare more affordable to the average American.

I'll vote for the candidate who's most likely to stop the US from being the rest of the world's *****.
So status quo is the way to go is what you are saying? I believe the Libertarian platform would help, but not solve the problem you point out, which I agree with. However I don't want to see government setting prices, that isn't right either. More transparency in healthcare everywhere is needed though so we can understand the actual cost and pricing behind what we are paying for, and that is part of what Gary Johnson is talking about.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:25 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,750,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Bless you for caring!

If we can ever change business as usual, you will get excited about national politics again.

Vote your conscience and be proud of yourself.

I will say that I don't quite understand why some of the Bernie supporters don't vote Trump. After all, he is an unknown quantity and has never run for political office before so I can't imagine it will be business as usual in Washington with a private sector guy at the helm to shake things up.

I was really hoping that Trump might go out on a limb and pick Ron Paul or a libertarian, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
See, I disagree with this. Trump, though certainly not your mainstream refined politician, is about as close to the political establishment as one can be without being a Clinton, Bush, or other household political name. He works the corrupt parts of the system for his own personal gain like few non-politicians can and he prides himself on this. He is the epitome of the 1% and yet somehow he's convinced many working class people that he is their leader and that he gives a single crap about them; he doesn't. All he's done is acted the part like a professional and painted himself as the leader of the working class, despite nothing in his history or his agenda actually showing this.

Trump is not an unknown, Trump is an impending disaster. The only thing more worrisome than the known financial corruption, sweetheart deals, and intimidation tactics of a Clinton presidency would be the financial corruption, sweetheart deals, and intimidation tactics of a Trump presidency. I say this because, even though I don't like Hillary Clinton, I will admit that her proposed social agendas align with mine. In addition, I think in that cold heart of hers, she does care about the American people. I believe some of her accomplishments have shown this. Trump on the other hand is a megalomaniac who sees others as nothing but objects to use for his own personal gain.

The two may not quite be different sides of the same coin, but they are different sides of similarly minted coins.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:34 AM

5,559 posts, read 3,661,061 times
Default The way Clinton sqeeezed the endorsement out of Sanders has to make Sanders supporters cringe

Exactly what kind of an endorsement was it? Four words?

As they did during the whole primary, the DMV Totalitarian Party finally got what they wanted. They got the four words. Meaningless. Empty. Like beating a prisoner to get the words "I'm guilty".

Sanders didn't have to relent, but what kind of Party is this? What kind of candidate is she? Is this a victory for Clinton or is it just one of the worse moments in democratic history?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:42 AM

29,699 posts, read 16,462,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Hillary was the one that ran negative ads on Bernie and lied about him and his record but Bernie hates Trump? that makes sense.

endorsed the person that attacked you for months and lied about your record over and over but hate the guy that never talked bad about you? liberal logic!
Name one negative ad that Hillary ran against Bernie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or