Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bernie Voters. Who Will You Vote For?
Trump 15 19.74%
Clinton 32 42.11%
Another Party 22 28.95%
Not Voting 7 9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 09:35 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The other question one should ask---why should I get upset at someone who agrees with me 70-80% of the time and throw that away, and risk getting someone who I agree with maybe 5% of the time?
In no way do I agree with Hillary even 2%. Nothing Hillary says can I agree with as there is no way to tell when she is honest and when she is just lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 09:37 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
If you heard the FBI speak on Clinton and you took away that she didn't do anything wrong then you weren't quite listening. It was a political and verbal indictment, of either carelessness or almost gross negligence just not quite based on some non-existent intent standard used in case law.
The FBI said that there was enough to indict but in this case they would not.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:39 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,598,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
I'm in the Pro-Sanders camp, or .. was .. I'll get over it eventually, I'm sure, but right now I'm disappointed. I get it, he really had no choice and this was likely a compromise to get his message deeper in the Democratic Party agenda, he's adamantly against Trump and putting his support what he believes is the better choice, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still severely disappointed.

What it comes down to is that the guy spent over a year campaigning against corporate corruption of politics, greed, and the oligarchy of modern America. His entire campaign was built on this. Then in the end he supports the epitome of corruption in politics, greed and oligarchy. It just goes to show you how powerful the bipartisan system is. You're either us, or you're them. You're Team Clinton or you're Team Trump, Team Left or Team Right. Oh you don't care for either? Too bad. There is no alternative, and if you try to make one, we'll break you.

Call me young, or naive, or whatever - you're probably right, but I can't support Clinton. I can't support a politician who campaigned for a racist politician, was pro-DOMA, pro Iraq war, pro-NAFTA and difficult to pin down on TPP and Keystone (at least until the decision was already made by the crashed oil market). She's an accomplished woman and has all the qualities a president needs, but she doesn't represent the things I believe are important, and when she does it's half a decade too late.

I suppose I'll resume my disenchantment with bipartisan politics. I'll vote ("throwing away" my presidential vote on Stein, again), and I'll remain politically active in my local community, but I'm no longer excited about it on a state or national level.
I would like to reiterate, that voting for a third-party is not a thrown away vote. Any party that receives 5% of the vote is entitled to very substantial public funding during the next election cycle. This would be the beginning of the end of the one-party system that currently exists.

Vote third-party knowing that you will be involved in change.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:45 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,505,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So status quo is the way to go is what you are saying? I believe the Libertarian platform would help, but not solve the problem you point out, which I agree with. However I don't want to see government setting prices, that isn't right either. More transparency in healthcare everywhere is needed though so we can understand the actual cost and pricing behind what we are paying for, and that is part of what Gary Johnson is talking about.
Agreed, but remember too, big pharma lobbies key members of congress to get those prices. In effect, big pharma sets the prices and promotes the regulations.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:10 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,099,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
AFAIK, H1B is a temporary non-immigrant visa. H1B has a fixed quota each year. Only 10% or 20% of the applicants can get it. It is like winning a lottery. So I do not see how it can be too easy.

Even if they get the H1B, they can only stay in the US for several years. Unless they get an immigrant visa (green card), they will have to leave.

On the other hand, it is much easier for rich people to give green cards to immigrants. It has no limit, much faster, and it is a real immigrant visa (means they can stay forever). Trump himself gave some Chinese people green cards this way.
Half of the IT departments in every company I have worked for are on H1B visas. That, to me, means it is too easy to get them. And they end of up getting the company to sponsor them so they end up staying and taking that job away from an America permanently.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:13 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,099,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
So you've been played by a trader/hypocrite and like a blind sheep will vote for the person sander's called unfit to be president, bought off, and is owned by her donors just a short time ago yet now endorses her?(!).

And you believe any politician, especially clinton, will stay/veer more to the left if she gets elected? You do know how politics works, right, after following sander's for so long with the bought off nature/donors and such, so why would you even believe/say such a thing?

And you of course know about hil and her racist behavior if trumps "racist' behavior bothers you so much? Why in the world do you support this?

Clinton on racial joke: It was de Blasio's skit | TheHill

Ugly truth behind Clinton's 'reservation' comment (Opinion) - CNN.com

Hillary Clinton needs to address the racist undertones of her 2008 campaign

Hillary: Even open-minded white people feel a twinge of fear at the sight of a black man in a hoodie « Hot Air

Pandering to Blacks? Hillary Invokes Beyonce Hot Sauce in Interview

Nothing the electorate says surprises me anymore. It's like a cult of non-thinkers who value nothing/love being told what to do by hypocrites and blindly follow/ignore the total picture. What could possibly go wrong with such an approach to life?
Spare me. I'm not voting for your blatantly racist and bigoted candidate TRUMP!

Old 07-14-2016, 04:25 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I would like to reiterate, that voting for a third-party is not a thrown away vote. Any party that receives 5% of the vote is entitled to very substantial public funding during the next election cycle. This would be the beginning of the end of the one-party system that currently exists.

Vote third-party knowing that you will be involved in change.

Vote for third party candidate knowing you are electing Trump. Enjoy the conservative supreme court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Extreme carelessness arises to gross negligence which is indictable.

No one is immune to political pressure, and most especially the FBI. Hoover prooved that.

We have a two tier justice system that spreads from Wall Street down to Washington DC. We have Clinton supporters to thank for codifying this situation further.

THREE emails. Give me a break. Hillary could walk on water and save a drowning child and you would have only negative things to say; that's just how you post. I have never, ever seen one positive post from you - even about your own candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
In the government it usually only takes 1 email.

Tell it to Bush/Cheney/Condi/ and Colin Powell. It's just partisan hot hair. You never cared about Emails prior to this - not EVEN the 30,000 missing from Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How has working from within worked for him? He tried to get them to condemn TPP and even though many said they were against it, he couldn't get them to do it.

Revenge is a big motivator now. The low and middle class in many cases are willing to hit back now.
Revenge votes are never wise. Revenge votes will elect Trump.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:54 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,920,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Spare me. I'm not voting for your blatantly racist and bigoted candidate TRUMP!
They are both awful, racist, power hungry and dangerous to this country. I really fail to see the difference between the two of them in terms of their horrid personalities and actions.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:57 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,598,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Vote for third party candidate knowing you are electing Trump. Enjoy the conservative supreme court!

THREE emails. Give me a break. Hillary could walk on water and save a drowning child and you would have only negative things to say; that's just how you post. I have never, ever seen one positive post from you - even about your own candidate.

Tell it to Bush/Cheney/Condi/ and Colin Powell. It's just partisan hot hair. You never cared about Emails prior to this - not EVEN the 30,000 missing from Bush.

Revenge votes are never wise. Revenge votes will elect Trump.
It's time to end the one-party system and make life miserable for the Parasites who live off hard working families. This could be a break through year of enough people realize that voting for a third-party means a big boost in any effort to break the hammerlock that the one-party system has imposed upon our lives. It's not a uphill battle if all those who are disenchanted decide to break away from the fear and vote for something better for their families forcibly deny the corruptionn that is undermining everything that can be good in our lives.

http://usuncut.com/politics/jill-stein-campaign-surge/

Old 07-14-2016, 04:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,920,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is a ridiculous statement that I see both the D and R loyalists make.

Let me spell it out. My vote for Gary Johnson does NOT in any way shape or form help another candidate. The assinine assumption that if I didn't vote for Johnson I'd be voting for Trump or Clinton is 100% false. I likely wouldn't vote, or would find some other 3rd party or write in.

Neither Hillary or Trump deserves to have my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections