Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bernie Voters. Who Will You Vote For?
Trump 15 19.74%
Clinton 32 42.11%
Another Party 22 28.95%
Not Voting 7 9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:37 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,443,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm ashamed to say that Bernie was my 2nd choice after Trump. It appears he was no more than a Clinton plant to bring in votes that she would never be able to and then he gift wraps them and hands them to her. I thought he promised to see this through the convention. Sad that he was not a man of his word, but then that explains why it is so easy for him to give up and support Satan, I mean, Hillary.
I thought you said that his votes were going to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 03:41 PM

11,522 posts, read 5,589,576 times
Actually Facebook and Twitter is buzzing with hate over Bernie's decision to endorse Hillary. Do we all forget the lawsuits currently against Wasserman Schults and the DNC for rigging the elections that his supporters started? His supporters don't and many on the net swear they won't vote for her.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:56 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And how many "true independents" are in the electorate?
More everyday.

Old 07-12-2016, 03:57 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
The Bernie Sanders Meme Community Is Freaking the **** Out

(NSFW)

Old 07-12-2016, 03:58 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,209,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So it isn't logical that IF they get 5% popular vote, which seems very realistic this year they WILL get $10M in funding in 2020?

And IF they get $10M in funding which is 4-5x what they got in 2012 with only $2.1M when they got 1% of the popular vote, its logical to assume that they could again get 5% or more.

Not sure why that isn't considered logical, seems pretty logical to me.

Unfortunately you don't just jump to $100M over night, so that statement on your part is the illogical part. You want to preclude someone based on the fact that they can go 0-50,000MPH on 10 seconds, which seems like you just don't ever want a third party. If thats the case, I'm fine with that, but just say it, don't make up some ridiculous claim, then claim I'm not making sense.
Yes, but you are assuming they are getting it because the party is growing and not because of the major party candidates. I'm not so sure they will be doing so well in a normal election. My guess is Johnson will likely get between 3-8 percent this election and running up against an incumbent and a more polished opponent he won't be as attractive of an option. You are wrong when you say that I don't want a 3rd party. I would prefer a parliamentary system with multiple parties honestly. It would ensure a lot more got done. However, I understand American politics and how 3rd parties tend to have disappointing follow up elections. It's possible that it will be different this time around but I doubt it. Americans just don't have a tradition of voting for a 3rd party.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:00 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,209,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
That's EXACTLY what the establishment wants you to think, it just makes them more powerful.
No, it's pretty much common sense. In the end one of them is going to win. There are just not enough people who will vote 3rd party to make a difference. The only way that might of happened is if Bernie decided to form his own party this election and run. Barring that Johnson and Stein will only get a small fraction of votes.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:02 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Hillary Super Pac money makes all of them look like Children asking for change at the traffic stop sign......but keep believing they are all on the same level.

NAFTA was passed in 1993, that 23 years ago and the working class is feeling the effect of wages and lack of jobs.....Hillary still supports NAFTA.

Who voted for the Iraq War? Who was in favor in going in Libya ? who is in favor of being in Syria and for a NO FLY ZONE in Syria that is a recipe for war against the Russians and Syrian government.

To say Hillary is NOT a War Hawk really must have been in a coma for the past 15 years and ignore Hillary's votes and speeches in the senate and her role as secretary of state.

Cut the B.S., more lies from the left......the Texas Law only limited abortions after the 5th month for a few exceptions.....if you are going to have an abortion is it too much to ask you liberals to do it before the 5th month of pregnancy ? that's 20 weeks to decide to terminate the abortion. That's almost an entire NFL season including the playoffs to decide.

But liberals like you scream that is making nearly impossible for a women to terminate a pregnancy......the states always regulated abortions.

Who said in 1996 "Abortions should be LEGAL but RARE".....It was Bill Clinton but the Democrat party of today wants no regulations on abortions and are for abortions on demand.
It's hard to discuss issues with someone that has no idea of what the issues ARE.

First - please refer to this, read thoroughly and get back to me regarding the Texas rulings.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-abortion.html

Secondly, tell me exactly when Hillary Clinton cast a vote for NAFTA.

Third ~ who was for the Libyan and Syrian interventions? Obama. Bernie.

Fourth - who voted for the Iraq War? No one. Those Yay's gave Bush permission to do what he felt was right. Blame lays squarely on his shoulders.

Fifth: Who twice voted for the AUMF? Just give me a guess.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:03 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the Texas Law only limited abortions after the 5th month for a few exceptions.....if you are going to have an abortion is it too much to ask you liberals to do it before the 5th month of pregnancy? that's 20 weeks to decide to terminate the abortion. That's almost an entire NFL season including the playoffs to decide.

But liberals like you scream that is making nearly impossible for a women to terminate a pregnancy......the states always regulated abortions.

if you need the entire NFL season including the playoffs to decide if you are going to keep the pregnancy unless for the life of the mother then you are a bunch of morons.

liberals like to distort the truth.

stop lying.....
Not to turn this into an abortion debate, but you are apparently uninformed that many late term abortions are decided upon based on a 20 week ultrasound as that is when the issues are found. It's not about "deciding to keep the pregnancy" - it's often about a much desired pregnancy where there was no idea about severe problems until that time because many prenatal conditions don't manifest in a way that the woman would be aware of it.

BTW, lots of conservative women/Republican women have abortions too. But some people like to distort the truth, I guess....

Old 07-12-2016, 04:04 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,966,580 times
OP I was young once too. There is no need to justify why you won't vote for HC. I was so hoping he would call her out and call for a third party with Him running.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:06 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I can very well understand that. I have talked to Bernie supporters and they HATE Hillary.

Bernie stood for the common guy, small donations poured in, Bernie was honest. He hated everything that Hillary supported. Now Bernie endorses that which he fought so hard against.. I don't get it either.

I am a Trump supporter and I liked Bernie and disliked Hillary. Now I am confused too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually Facebook and Twitter is buzzing with hate over Bernie's decision to endorse Hillary. Do we all forget the lawsuits currently against Wasserman Schults and the DNC for rigging the elections that his supporters started? His supporters don't and many on the net swear they won't vote for her.

Hmmm. Yet polls show 85% of them are voting for Hillary. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections