U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:34 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,434,198 times

Advertisements

i don't mind the lying because all politicians lie, they fib and stretch the truth and try and win votes, i get it, i really do. My problem with her is the 'fake' nature of her speeches, the fake laughs and the condescending tones and not addressing questions about donors and whatnut. When she's asked about paid speeches and money from special interest groups, she laughs and says if other candidates show their 'stuff' she will show hers, but it comes across like she thinks we're morons and don't know what's going on. Her 'rallies' and 'passionate speeches' just don't come across the right way for me.

You know, even if you want to kowtow to the special interest groups and whatnut, at least come across differently when talking about national security and the safety of our nation's residents...she doesn't do any of that. Trump might be the biggest snake in the grass and biggest liar as well as bigot, racist and whatever terms you want to make up about him, but you know the bottom line is that he comes across as genuine when talking about getting rid of the bad guys and protecting the nation.

At the end of the day, i could care less about his personal views on minorities and races and his views or lies on his personal wealth and whatnut, all i care about is that when i wake up in the morning, we as a nation are safe, the rest of all that other stuff is secondary to protecting the country and making it a country where people follow laws, act civilized and otherwise, get along, Hillary doesn't 'come across' as though she has CONVICTION.

I'm looking for some conviction and some passion, Trump has more of it than she does and that means a lot when you have 2 candidates who aren't perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 03:46 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,287,460 times
I think Hillary is a good poker player and she refuses to show her hands. That's why she won't release her speeches "too soon." That's her bargaining chip. She knew she would be facing the Donald and that he would have things that he wouldn't show. Now she has something to bargain with him over. She'll show the speeches if he shows his taxes. (He's given speeches for more money than she has so maybe he'll just show his speeches?)

Keep in mind that Hillary was the Senator for NY so I would expect her to be supportive of Wall Street. Those were her constituents and she owed it to them. I would actually hold it against her if she hadn't been supportive. Senators and Congressmen should represent those who elected them, not the whole country.

Trump sounds like a comic book hero. He doesn't come across real at all.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:00 PM

8,199 posts, read 6,096,236 times
I'm voting for Hillary because I love her screeches and cackles.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:02 PM

1,431 posts, read 707,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
You know, even if you want to kowtow to the special interest groups and whatnut, at least come across differently when talking about national security and the safety of our nation's residents...she doesn't do any of that. Trump might be the biggest snake in the grass and biggest liar as well as bigot, racist and whatever terms you want to make up about him, but you know the bottom line is that he comes across as genuine when talking about getting rid of the bad guys and protecting the nation.
I think all these terms apply to Hilliary way more than Trump.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:17 PM

5,945 posts, read 4,857,174 times
Default Hillary's lies don't bug me as much as the other stuff

I suspect that the haters are bugged more by the right's repeated failure to make their phony scandals stick. The fact is that each and every one has been a failure.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:20 PM

8,199 posts, read 6,096,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
I suspect that the haters are bugged more by the right's repeated failure to make their phony scandals stick. The fact is that each and every one has been a failure.
Well hell, Casey Anthony was acquitted. You should call her to babysit.

Old 07-12-2016, 05:53 PM

29,680 posts, read 16,450,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Maybe you should call Dennis Hastert.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:03 PM

759 posts, read 415,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Indeed.

Casey Anthony's Day Care is one thing I trust more than Hillary Clinton...

Along with...

An elevator ride wth Ray Rice
Cocktails with Bill Cosby
Fishing trips with Scott Peterson
Joyrides with OJ Simpson
One night stands with Charlie Sheen

...and

Flint, Michigan tap water.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:01 PM

12,613 posts, read 8,735,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
lets ask Vince Foster or Ambassador Chris Stevens about Phony scandals..

Old 07-12-2016, 08:06 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,839,917 times
I truly hope Trump gets elected and screws things up so much, which he will, that all the Trump supporters on this forum end up jobless and on the streets as punishment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or