Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 04:20 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Wow. Republicans need to look in the mirror and think about how they got to where they are.

The Republican congress has consistently polled bad, but the whole party in general today has only a 35% favorable rating among Americans.

I'm 28, and my only experience as an adult witnessing the Republican party is during the Bush era, where they waged war and spent like crazy while have the worst job creation record in history, and the post Obama era, where I witnessed old angry white people storm polls during midterms to claim congress, and since then they have spent all their energy just trying to obstruct every single thing Obama does, offering no alternatives that would help the less fortunate in society.

Now, a racist has been elected as your party nominee. A man who degrades women, Mexicans, and the disabled.

I can't even. I think in a hundred years American history books will look back on this time as the collapse of the party of Lincoln. There is just no way that Republicans can turn away from all the things they have done to make America hold them in furor.

Republicans

At least Democrats have the support of 50% of Americans.
Nice speech and everything, but that means Democrats DON'T have the support of 50% of Americans. I wonder what they're doing wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 04:20 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Trump may not personally be a racist, but he knows that a large percentage of his supporters are racists, bigots and/or nativists and his rhetoric is designed to appeal to them.

I actually don't know what is worse, being a racist or acting like you are to get people to support you.
How has Trump "acted" like a racist? Do tell.

Oh, do you mean when he said that some Mexican illegals are "rapists" and "murderers"? He didn't say that all of them were. Besides, he is correct---many illegals who sneak in later engage in criminal activity once in this country.

How is it "nativist" to expect those who want to come here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws? How is it "nativist" to demand that people who want to come here from the ME be thoroughly vetted?

He can't control who supports him. Just as Hillary can't control the fact that a KKK member endorsed her.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:24 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
First of all, Trump is NOT a "racist".

Reminds me of this:

This is funny. I don't care who you are.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:25 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
The title of your thread is misleading. The statistics cited are only based on the number of people polled - not all "Americans". And any poll can be skewed one way or the other based on the questions asked and the makeup of the control group.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:29 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
If you all want to talk about racists, than you must acknowledge the racists in the Democrat party who believe certain races are inferior, and always require the governments "help". They are the party of division and enslavement. Malcom X referred to people who vote for this party as "chumps".

I have not heard anything racist coming from Trump or the GOP, but feel free to supply some links or something. It's getting old hearing people call him a racist or a neo nazi, when the evidence is not on their side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Trump may not personally be a racist, but he knows that a large percentage of his supporters are racists, bigots and/or nativists and his rhetoric is designed to appeal to them.

I actually don't know what is worse, being a racist or acting like you are to get people to support you.
Plenty of racist bigot Democrats around too. They have been coming out to attack white people at Trump rallies. Many of them are waving flags besides the American one. So what's your point exactly?

Old 07-12-2016, 04:29 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
If it talks like a racist, and re-tweets like a racist... it seems pretty certain it is a racist. Arguments to the contrary fall on deaf ears.
If you like racists so much, look no further than that dirty, corrupt, America hating, snake in the grass who is now dirtying up the White House. obama is a racist extraordinaire, he has worked diligently for eigth years to promote a race war and is succeeding nicely..
GO TRUMP, 2016... Make America great again, prosecute Felony Clinton...

Old 07-12-2016, 04:35 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If you all want to talk about racists, than you must acknowledge the racists in the Democrat party who believe certain races are inferior, and always require the governments "help". They are the party of division and enslavement. Malcom X referred to people who vote for this party as "chumps".

I have not heard anything racist coming from Trump or the GOP, but feel free to supply some links or something. It's getting old hearing people call him a racist or a neo nazi, when the evidence is not on their side.

Plenty of racist bigot Demcrats around too. What's your point?
Democrats have called every Republican a racist who has run for President at least in the last 50 years. That's why no one cares except other democrats.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:37 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Wow. Republicans need to look in the mirror and think about how they got to where they are.

The Republican congress has consistently polled bad, but the whole party in general today has only a 35% favorable rating among Americans.

I'm 28, and my only experience as an adult witnessing the Republican party is during the Bush era, where they waged war and spent like crazy while have the worst job creation record in history, and the post Obama era, where I witnessed old angry white people storm polls during midterms to claim congress, and since then they have spent all their energy just trying to obstruct every single thing Obama does, offering no alternatives that would help the less fortunate in society.

Now, a racist has been elected as your party nominee. A man who degrades women, Mexicans, and the disabled.

I can't even. I think in a hundred years American history books will look back on this time as the collapse of the party of Lincoln. There is just no way that Republicans can turn away from all the things they have done to make America hold them in furor.

Republicans

At least Democrats have the support of 50% of Americans.
Don't pat yourself too hard on the back. I'm pretty sure that 30% of poll is based on #NeverTrump responses.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:43 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Why does he attract so many racists, though? If its not Donald, then it must be conservative policies in general which attract them?
Playing devils advocate here, but what makes you think they are attracted to Trump because of what he says, vs. repelled from Clinton based on what she says? The perception is that Clinton and Democrats are for letting illegal immigrants stay without any repercussions and they think they are weak on terrorism, so they probably find both of those situations beyond repulsive, making it easier to support the other party.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:44 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
The GOP party is really good at isolating people. I'm sure there are many minorities and women who agree with the GOP but taking unfavorable stances towards them on social issues has made them unfavorable.

I'll use me as an example. I'm a woman and an atheist. How many times I have seen the GOP using religion to try to make themselves more favorably, makes them more favorable towards one demographic but makes them much more unfavorable to another demographic.

I think if the GOP wants to be a long-lasting party they need to drop social issues and focus on economics only. AKA a more libertarian stance. Otherwise they will lose and the country will be Dem-controlled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections