Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 02:34 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,472,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Old, angry white men? Hmm, now just who is the real racist here? Trump is not a racist. He does not degrade women in general nor Mexicans in general. The disabled? lol.
So it should be viewed as real cool and funny when Trump imitated a disabled reporter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 02:40 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,650,485 times
It must be bad because my kid was an Obama supporter and she changed her registration to Republican Party, I have to say without my probing. I must admit I was shocked.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:22 AM

33,462 posts, read 17,964,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Wow. Republicans need to look in the mirror and think about how they got to where they are.

The Republican congress has consistently polled bad, but the whole party in general today has only a 35% favorable rating among Americans.

I'm 28, and my only experience as an adult witnessing the Republican party is during the Bush era, where they waged war and spent like crazy while have the worst job creation record in history, and the post Obama era, where I witnessed old angry white people storm polls during midterms to claim congress, and since then they have spent all their energy just trying to obstruct every single thing Obama does, offering no alternatives that would help the less fortunate in society.

Now, a racist has been elected as your party nominee. A man who degrades women, Mexicans, and the disabled.

I can't even. I think in a hundred years American history books will look back on this time as the collapse of the party of Lincoln. There is just no way that Republicans can turn away from all the things they have done to make America hold them in furor.

Republicans

At least Democrats have the support of 50% of Americans.
The liberal media isn't doing a good job.. Democrats should have a much higher prercentage..

Old 07-13-2016, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Hmm...Just got a nasty rep comment. To the poster who did that --- next time don't be a coward. Sign your screen-name to it.
It must have been a really good post that upset them that much to send it on a rep... I get them too..cowards..

Old 07-13-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I really hope the primary election of Donald Trump shows the GOP that pandering to the religious right is not what most Republicans want or care about. And that next time they can put forth a candidate not hellbent on legislating from religious texts AND is not a racist.
The left calls everyone a racist.. that is their mantra.. and you believe it..

The spirit of anti-Christ is growing and the left is loving it.They rather protect muslims and the people that love to blow us up and chop off our heads.. we must love the terrorists,, says Loretta Lynch.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:59 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,165,738 times
Quote:
If it talks like a racist, and re-tweets like a racist... it seems pretty certain it is a racist. Arguments to the contrary fall on deaf ears.
Specific instances please. Facts not fiction.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:50 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,138,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
First of all, Trump is NOT a "racist". Stop repeating that lie. The rest of your assertions about him are also wrong.
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, it's a duck in my book, and Donald is a big, orange racist duck, no matter how much Trumplets try to deny it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-13-2016 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: name calling

Old 07-13-2016, 07:36 AM

1,050 posts, read 693,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Why does he attract so many racists, though? If its not Donald, then it must be conservative policies in general which attract them?
So who have the people you call racists voted before in their lives? Have those people you refer to never voted before?

How would you define racism, in common lay terms or politically expedient terms?

Old 07-13-2016, 07:37 AM

1,050 posts, read 693,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, it's a duck in my book, and Donald is a big, orange racist duck, sweetpea, no matter how much Trumplets try to deny it.
Clinton in a general sense has no high ground, and the term Democrat (or Republican for that matter) means nothing on principle anymore

Old 07-13-2016, 08:00 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Actually it is a good time to ramp up a third party consisting of fiscally conservative yet socially liberal types. The far right can have their whack jobs, and the far left can have theirs.

Been patiently waiting for this party for some time now.

That is a formula for bankruptcy.

Tight with money, but approve all kind of social government programs, that use US. Treasury revenue.

It is either all about individuals and their rights, or the collective taking individual rights. One or the other. Having both is a revolution in the making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections