Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 04:25 PM

62,365 posts, read 28,647,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^So true.

In Trump's case, they deliberately either take something out of context or they twist his words.

For example, Trump said that some Mexican illegals were rapists and murderers. He also added that many weren't like that. The anti-Trumps twisted it to say that Trump said all Mexicans were rapists and murderers. Some even twisted to say that Trump was also saying that about Mexican-Americans. Reasonably intelligent people can see through this dribble.

Then Trump said that we need to have a moratorium on Muslim immigration until a way can be found to better vet them. The anti-Trumps twisted this to say that Trump wants to permanently ban Muslims. Some even twisted it to say that Trump wants to deport all Muslims. Again, reasonably intelligent people know that we have let in many Muslims who have gone on to kill innocent people. For example, the woman shooter in San Bernardino gave a fake address on her application and no one checked her postings on social media. This info about her was only discovered after she and her husband killed many of his co-workers.

Yep, twist, spin and lie is all the left, bleeding heart liberals and ethnocentrics do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 04:27 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,098,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I used to be liberal too when I was younger, you'll evolve! As a woman, I don't have any respect for Megan Kelly, she just prostitutes herself for popularity. What did he say about "kill the gays" Cruz's wife? I actually don't think most of us care or remember.
I'll just respond to this one part. No time for all the other stuff.

Since I was 18, I have been told your words. The truth is that as I get older, I actually become more liberal, or at least LESS Republican. As I stated the only experience I have with Republicans has shown me that they are the party of war, social regression, and political obstruction. It will be that party that has to change, cause it certainly isn't going to be me.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:27 PM

22,281 posts, read 11,772,791 times
And? Not so much as one illegal alien should have been given a scholarship. Period.

They're not "undocumented immigrants". They are "illegal aliens".

Old 07-13-2016, 04:30 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,211,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Why does he attract so many racists, though? If its not Donald, then it must be conservative policies in general which attract them?

KKK grand dragon endorses Hillary Clinton for president | Fox News

Old 07-13-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I'll just respond to this one part. No time for all the other stuff.

Since I was 18, I have been told your words. The truth is that as I get older, I actually become more liberal, or at least LESS Republican. As I stated the only experience I have with Republicans has shown me that they are the party of war, social regression, and political obstruction. It will be that party that has to change, cause it certainly isn't going to be me.
Look---neither party is looking out for Americans. Haven't you figured that out yet? The sad thing is there was a time when democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either being displaced in the workforce or were seeing their wages depressed all due to illegal immigration. And those dems of yore would have done something about it --- and I don't mean amnesty. Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. They do this by pushing amnesty, refusing to secure the border and finding ways to not deport illegals. That's a real shame because at one time voters could expect dems to stand for the poor, working and middle classes.

As I said, neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time, I would have expected much, much better from the dems.

As for republicans and "political obstruction" --- another poster explained how congress sent many bills to the senate that Harry Reid refused to bring up for a vote. And dems have done their share of obstruction, too.

As for the "party of war" --- you do realize that many dems also approved going into Iraq and Afghanistan, don't you?.

"Social regression"? Meaning what, exactly?

Old 07-13-2016, 04:41 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,666,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Wow. Republicans need to look in the mirror and think about how they got to where they are.

The Republican congress has consistently polled bad, but the whole party in general today has only a 35% favorable rating among Americans.

I'm 28, and my only experience as an adult witnessing the Republican party is during the Bush era, where they waged war and spent like crazy while have the worst job creation record in history, and the post Obama era, where I witnessed old angry white people storm polls during midterms to claim congress, and since then they have spent all their energy just trying to obstruct every single thing Obama does, offering no alternatives that would help the less fortunate in society.

Now, a racist has been elected as your party nominee. A man who degrades women, Mexicans, and the disabled.

I can't even. I think in a hundred years American history books will look back on this time as the collapse of the party of Lincoln. There is just no way that Republicans can turn away from all the things they have done to make America hold them in furor.

Republicans

At least Democrats have the support of 50% of Americans.
any party that has lindsey the moron graham as part of it is going to be held in low regard. luckily they have trump, he's getting people to look past the grahams of the world a little bit.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:22 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,098,968 times
Quote:
Look---neither party is looking out for Americans. Haven't you figured that out yet? The sad thing is there was a time when democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either being displaced in the workforce or were seeing their wages depressed all due to illegal immigration. And those dems of yore would have done something about it --- and I don't mean amnesty. Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. They do this by pushing amnesty, refusing to secure the border and finding ways to not deport illegals. That's a real shame because at one time voters could expect dems to stand for the poor, working and middle classes.

As I said, neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time, I would have expected much, much better from the dems.

As for republicans and "political obstruction" --- another poster explained how congress sent many bills to the senate that Harry Reid refused to bring up for a vote. And dems have done their share of obstruction, too.

As for the "party of war" --- you do realize that many dems also approved going into Iraq and Afghanistan, don't you?.

"Social regression"? Meaning what, exactly?
I can't speak for what politicians did for you, but back in 2014 I was able to get affordable health insurance through the exchanges when I was sick. I can thank Democrats for that, fully. Republicans did everything they could to keep pre-existing condition clauses in effect and allow insurance companies to deny anyone they wanted.

Republicans haven't sent crap to Reid's or Obama's desk that didn't include abolishing Obamacare, something that provides insurance to millions of Americans at this point. That is nothing but obstructionism. Perhaps if Republicans would have sent any legislation regarding our boarder, or taxes, or cost of education that DIDN'T include abolishing Obamacare then something could have been. But nope, like children throwing a fit they continued their tantrum for years.

Today, Republicans still sabotage Obama's supreme court nominee. That is pure obstructionism.

I'm aware many dems approved of Iraq, and shame on them for it. Its one of the big reasons I wanted Bernie to win. And still no where near the number of Republicans who voted for the war. The Iraq war, and all the catastrophe that has befallen that part of the world in its aftermath, has George Bush's name smeared all over it.

"Social Regression" as in, against gay rights, against women's freedom to have control of their bodies, flaming racism towards ethnic and religious minorities. This is stuff the Republican party is doing to this very day.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:33 PM

For every person like you who got health care, there are many, many more who lost their health care or saw their rates skyrocket. You are naive if you think otherwise. Obamacare is on the verge of collapse. You may well lose your insurance.

Here is a link---one of many. So if you don't like the source, there is a lot more out there:

Illinois Obamacare Co-op Becomes 16th to Collapse | Americans for Tax Reform

"Flaming racism towards ethnic and religious minorities"? Gimme a break! Prove to me that this is occurring with republicans.

And dems haven't tried to sabotage any republican SCOTUS recommendations? Seriously?

Do you really think that dems are free of any biases?

Old 07-13-2016, 05:41 PM

1,268 posts, read 791,632 times
Quote:
For every person like you who got health care, there are many, many more who lost their health care or saw their rates skyrocket. You are naive if you think otherwise. Obamacare is on the verge of collapse. You may well lose your insurance.

Here is a link---one of many. So if you don't like the source, there is a lot more out there:

Illinois Obamacare Co-op Becomes 16th to Collapse | Americans for Tax Reform

"Flaming racism towards ethnic and religious minorities"? Gimme a break! Prove to me that this is occurring with republicans.

And dems haven't tried to sabotage any republican SCOTUS recommendations? Seriously?

Do you really think that dems are free of any biases?
I know most of you have never seen a college classroom, but for all that's holy, please quit posting these ridiculous right wing blogs and publications. I get it. They say what you want to be reality, but it isn't. If you can find something in a credible source that is fine; however, most of us know that "Tax Free America" and "White Hoods and Robes Leisurely" isn't a reputable source of information.

If your going to post, get a clue. We are not part of the base or your neighbor in the trailer next door.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
I know most of you have never seen a college classroom, but for all that's holy, please quit posting these ridiculous right wing blogs and publications. I get it. They say what you want to be reality, but it isn't. If you can find something in a credible source that is fine; however, most of us know that "Tax Free America" and "White Hoods and Robes Leisurely" isn't a reputable source of information.

If your going to post, get a clue. We are not part of the base or your neighbor in the trailer next door.
You start out with an insult---way to go/sarcasm. Are you jealous because you didn't go to college? Why else would you write something so inane?

If you looked at my post, I said that there were other links that said the same thing. You would have known that to be true if you bothered to do some googling. Now don't you feel foolish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections