Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 07:23 PM

1,268 posts, read 797,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You start out with an insult---way to go/sarcasm. Are you jealous because you didn't go to college? Why else would you write something so inane?

If you looked at my post, I said that there were other links that said the same thing. You would have known that to be true if you bothered to do some googling. Now don't you feel foolish?
No. I went to college. I have a graduate degree. I also know that if you have a credible source versus an extremist publication you cite the credible one. The purpose is to give your point validity. Since you made the claim, you have the burden of proof. No, my friend, I don't feel foolish; however, one of us should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 07:29 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
No. I went to college. I have a graduate degree. I also know that if you have a credible source versus an extremist publication you cite the credible one. The purpose is to give your point validity. Since you made the claim, you have the burden of proof. No, my friend, I don't feel foolish; however, one of us should.
I don't feel foolish at all---and have no reason to feel that way. I put out one link and noticed that there were several other ones that said the same thing and pointed it out to the poster that I was responding to.

You didn't like my link. Fine. With a graduate degree, you are perfectly capable of finding others from different sites. No, "my friend", it isn't up to me to find one that you will accept. I have no idea which websites meet your exacting standards and am not about to do your homework for you. For me to do your homework for you, would be foolish of me---I'm sure that you would agree. 'Nuff said.

Funny how you didn't address the fact that your previous post started out with an insult. It wasn't necessary to insult others like that. Of course, I don't expect you to apologize for doing so.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:33 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
As a conservative I am disgusted that you use the name Donald and conservative in the same sentence. Donald is NOT a conservative. He is a carpet bagging liberal democrat playing a populist to get the votes of those who perceive themselves to be disenfranchised. THAT is the group that attracts racists, etc.

^^^^^BINGO^^^^^ We have a winner!

Trump has fooled MANY people.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:37 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post

I think most Trump supporters know that he isn't a conservative. His party affiliation doesn't matter. What matters most is his platform. Besides, plenty of RINOs call themselves republicans and plenty of DINOs call themselves democrats.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:51 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
I think it's good insight that the majority of Americans view the republican party as unfavorable. I also think they've done a terrible job. And same with the democrats....they've done a terrible job "leading" our nation.

Which is exactly what the rise of trump is about. And sander's until he sold out/showed he's nothing more than a hypocrite and sold out to what many feel is THE bought off/establishment/corrupt/inept/"Extremely careless" definition of a politician, hil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post

And hillary has fooled MANY people too, looking more like a RINO and a war monger, ie voted for iraq war/ until she was against it. uh huh.

Simply look where she stands on many of the issues to see it clearly:

I Despise Hillary Clinton, And It Has Nothing To Do With Her Gender

Gotta love the "no comment" on a few issues. Showing that true leadership hil hil.

Last edited by stevek64; 07-13-2016 at 08:01 PM..

Old 07-13-2016, 09:21 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Nice speech and everything, but that means Democrats DON'T have the support of 50% of Americans. I wonder what they're doing wrong?
Actually, it does. All the polls mention both parties.
The OP was close to correct. This poll constantly varies back and forth.

As of today, the Republicans have a 31% favorable rating, and the Democratic party has a 46% rating.

The unfavorable rating for the Republican party is 60%, and it is 47% for the Democrats.

As you can see, both parties are more unfavored than favored at the moment. But the Democratic party only has 1 point of difference, while the Republicans have 29 points.

Republican Party Favorable Rating - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

Democratic Party Favorable Rating - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

Huffington has a new poll tracker that is keeping much closer tabs of all the polls than all the others. But the results are the same on all the other tracking sites within a point or two.

The simple fact is the GOP is hemorrhaging members because of many factors, including Trump and the teabaggers, and aren't replacing them with young members.

That's not to say this cannot change in the future, but for this year, the picture for the Republican party is more grim than it has ever been in the past.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:43 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Wow. Republicans need to look in the mirror and think about how they got to where they are.

The Republican congress has consistently polled bad, but the whole party in general today has only a 35% favorable rating among Americans.
Wow. Is that why the Republicans control Congress?

Quote:
I'm 28, and my only experience as an adult witnessing the Republican party is during the Bush era, where they waged war and spent like crazy while have the worst job creation record in history, and the post Obama era, where I witnessed old angry white people storm polls during midterms to claim congress, and since then they have spent all their energy just trying to obstruct every single thing Obama does, offering no alternatives that would help the less fortunate in society.

Now, a racist has been elected as your party nominee. A man who degrades women, Mexicans, and the disabled.
The only one racist here is you. Bolded for emphasis.

Quote:
I can't even. I think in a hundred years American history books will look back on this time as the collapse of the party of Lincoln. There is just no way that Republicans can turn away from all the things they have done to make America hold them in furor.

Republicans

At least Democrats have the support of 50% of Americans.
Drama queen post with no substance.
Your party is running a former first lady, who carpet bagged to New York, bought a Senate seat and was a failure as Secretary of State. She has received over 10 million in bribe money for the Clinton Foundation from the Saudis. A country that doesn't allow women to drive and they punish rape victims. It was a video, lying scumbag.

The democratic party is immoral and unethical.

There are two parties. The big government dems along with their big government repubs. And then the conservatives who don't believe in the one size fits all tyrannical central government.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:05 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I think most Trump supporters know that he isn't a conservative. His party affiliation doesn't matter. What matters most is his platform. Besides, plenty of RINOs call themselves republicans and plenty of DINOs call themselves democrats.
I dont get these peoples obession with party above all else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections