Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 08:33 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,190,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Mike Pence extremist...you people are ridiculous. His main problem is he's boring, and I like Pence.
Yes he's boring. This is why he balances out Trump.

No mention of him being VP. Trump made a joke about Indiana citizens being tired of winning and calling up the governor Pence or VP Pence, whichever, telling him they are tired of winning. He's just teasing us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 09:08 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,467,569 times
Salon’s two cents: Why Gov. Mike Pence will be tapped as VP by Donald Trump - Salon.com

In 3 words: Koch brothers money

Old 07-12-2016, 09:10 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,428,999 times
Pence...the only guy with an approval rating lower than Trumps

Old 07-12-2016, 09:17 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,112,990 times
I don't like "balance". I actually like someone who has the same temperament as Trump himself. Pence was putting me to sleep. Plain vanilla politician. I can just see him spending half his time backtracking what Trump says on the campaign trail. He has never been a "Trump guy." Like Newt.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:22 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,428,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I don't like "balance". I actually like someone who has the same temperament as Trump himself. Pence was putting me to sleep. Plain vanilla politician. I can just see him spending half his time backtracking what Trump says on the campaign trail. He has never been a "Trump guy." Like Newt.
If your looking for someone with the same temperament as Trump....might I suggest the crazy homeless guy thats in every downtown who screams out conspiracy theories

Old 07-12-2016, 09:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,722,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It'd be a winning ticket for the Dems!
Pence is an anti-LGBT right-wing extremist who is losing his bid for re-election as governor.
If he is, he'll only bring in the social conservatives, not enough to win. Trump needs middle America to side with him, not just old white America.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:35 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,722,875 times
Quote:
Trump isn't going to win with another Trump. Newt is a little more than another Trump honestly.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:51 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,190,720 times
Quote:
I thought about this and you're right. I really wanted to like Pence, but he reminded me of a typical politician.

Newt was my first choice in 2012 because of his temperament which is almost equal to Trump's. Would they put two on a ticket? I don't know, but he would do well in a debate against Hillary's VP (hoping it is inexperienced inarticulate Castro). Newt and Trump would show amazing strength together.

Newt was just let go from Fox today so maybe that is a good clue.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:56 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,540,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I thought about this and you're right. I really wanted to like Pence, but he reminded me of a typical politician.

Newt was my first choice in 2012 because of his temperament which is almost equal to Trump's. Would they put two on a ticket? I don't know, but he would do well in a debate against Hillary's VP (hoping it is inexperienced inarticulate Castro). Newt and Trump would show amazing strength together.

Newt was just let go from Fox today so maybe that is a good clue.

Newt would be his best choice. He is smart, good in debates, knows politics inside and out, and can be an attack Dog if need be.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:03 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,274,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Newt would be his best choice. He is smart, good in debates, knows politics inside and out, and can be an attack Dog if need be.
Yup. And he's glib, well-spoken, a good debater and he'll be hell on the MSM while they try to sabotage Trump. It's going to be any veep's job to point out the media is really a just a mouthpiece for the Democrats, and nobody trips up the MSM better than Newt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections