Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 05:24 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,481,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Donald trying to reach to the right to stabilize the ticket has chosen a person who will:

1) cost him votes among LBGT people. He's anti pretty much everything gay.
2)He's an unknown to hispanics.
3)He is already taking heat from the Dems and his vetting is sure to turn up something.
4)He and trump are diametrically opposed on policies on gay rights, women's rights and China.

Donald has made small gaffes. This is his 1st big one and I anticipate he and the Gov will not be getting along soon. He had the chance to select a well known, vetted, and welll liked people. He MAY have just given away the election.

I would not be concerned, after the Dog and Pony show* of the last seven years
anyone with common sense that truly will not support Lying Crooked Hillary because
of her pathological disorder, it's a non issue especially after the last 48hrs.

* No Offense to Any Dog's or Ponies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 05:26 PM

17,264 posts, read 11,082,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Normally that's a general rule, the VP choice is about shoring up the ticket, filling in any weak spots for the main candidate, maybe solidifying a swing state. However, the difference between a Biden/Ryan type choice and Pence is that the former didn't simultaneously rile up the other side. No Republicans or Independents were like "You know, I wasn't sure about McCain but then Obama picked Biden and now OH MY GOD I HAVE TO VOTE AGAINST BIDEN AT ALL COSTS." Heh. But Palin, and now potentially Pence, sure did/will have that effect on Democrats and left-leaning independents.
A left leaning independent is already going to vote for the democrat. They are independent only because it sounds good.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:30 PM

10,044 posts, read 6,309,362 times
I guess the Republican party figured Donnie would definitely sew up the evangelical and fundie vote by selecting Pence. Not only is he anti-abortion, and anti-LGBT, he's also anti-evolution. He's hits all of the religious right buttons for sure.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:34 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,772,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
A left leaning independent is already going to vote for the democrat. They are independent only because it sounds good.
That's not the point. The point is Hillary was having issues with her base supporting her. Her poll numbers were dropping, a size able amount of Bernie voters didn't trust her, independents increasingly didn't trust her and were looking at alternatives. Now those people have may have renewed motivation to vote for her anyway out of fear.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:36 PM

25,571 posts, read 21,753,969 times
Default Dr. Carson Weighs In

I have always valued Dr. Carson's opinion and agree that Pence will "fill in a lot of gaps for Trump":

Dr. Ben Carson: Pence fills in a lot of the gaps for Trump | On Air Videos | Fox News

Old 07-15-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
That's not the point. The point is Hillary was having issues with her base supporting her. Her poll numbers were dropping, a size able amount of Bernie voters didn't trust her, independents increasingly didn't trust her and were looking at alternatives. Now those people have may have renewed motivation to vote for her anyway out of fear.
Or they will vote for the independent. BTW, what are they afraid of? Pence can't pass any laws and what his personal beliefs are, are irrelevant as the VP. Also, there is a Congress which will never (and rightly so) allow any of his far right wacko ideas be put into place. Think about it. As Hillary says "what difference does it make?".
Don't fall for the fear mongering.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:39 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I guess the Republican party figured Donnie would definitely sew up the evangelical and fundie vote by selecting Pence. Not only is he anti-abortion, and anti-LGBT, he's also anti-evolution. He's hits all of the religious right buttons for sure.
I really do not think that baby killing and sexual preference is going to be an
issue, mostly based on the last 48hrs

Lying Crooked Hillary is a huge security risk, unless you support someone who clearly
has a pathological disorder

Old 07-15-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I really do not think that baby killing and sexual preference is going to be an
issue, mostly based on the last 48hrs

Lying Crooked Hillary is a huge security risk, unless you support someone who clearly
has a pathological disorder
Strangely enough, many do.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,443,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post

Old 07-15-2016, 06:03 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,274,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have always valued Dr. Carson's opinion and agree that Pence will "fill in a lot of gaps for Trump":

Dr. Ben Carson: Pence fills in a lot of the gaps for Trump | On Air Videos | Fox News
He will. It's amusing watching the left work themselves into a lather about this guy. He's probably the most boring politician in public life, and Democrats are going all out to poison the political waters to help their corrupt, damaged candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections