Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 05:46 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
In other words, "You should be happy with the rights we think you should have. We'll let you ride the bus like the white people, but wanting to sit up front like they do is just going too far."
Excellently stated... or, as in the book "Animal Farm" - all animals are created equal, some are jut more equal than others. Great if you're a pig, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 05:52 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Yeah, lets put this guy a heartbeat away from the presidency...

Mike Pence: A Conservative Proudly Out of Sync With His Times

Old 07-16-2016, 05:54 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh yes, uh huh. The only thing that would make me happier is if Trump chooses Sarah Palin to be Secretary of State . I would be jumping for joy !

Don
The sarcasm floweth....

Old 07-16-2016, 06:00 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,903,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I think Trump caved to his advisors.

Now some say he was on the phone at midnight asking about
walking the pick back.

Trump wanted Christie, but was convinced Pence was the smarter move
politically, to win the race.

Christie was only going to help in New Jersey.

Pence helps in Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, Virginia and perhaps Colorado and Minnesota.
Christie has a 26% approval rating in NJ. He was not going to help anyway.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:01 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Pence seems to have a face of stone. I wonder if the guy has facial paralysis? He always has the same mad face.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:02 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Trump could easily become impeached and removed. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to know the Constitution very well.

If that happens, we end up with President Pence.
If that didn't happen with Obama, I doubt it would happen to any other President because of not knowing the Constitution. Obama is suppose to be the Constitutional scholar yet he tried to write and implement his very own laws and was struck down by the Supreme Court several times for overstepping his bounds. So there goes that theory.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I think Trump caved to his advisors.

Now some say he was on the phone at midnight asking about
walking the pick back.

Trump wanted Christie, but was convinced Pence was the smarter move
politically, to win the race.

Christie was only going to help in New Jersey.

Pence helps in Ohio, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, Virginia and perhaps Colorado and Minnesota.
He doesn't help in any of them. A VP candidates don't make any real difference in voting patterns. People aren't voting on the VP they are voting for the President. Pence is an unknown to most people as it is. Not like they are hearing about someone they already know and love. The guy is an unknown commodity outside of Indiana. That being said, I don't understand where you are getting your ideas on these states from. Colorado, Ohio, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Minnesota are not really chock full of social conservatives. That's not really going to be all that an appeal to states with the voter compositions they have in the general election.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
If that didn't happen with Obama, I doubt it would happen to any other President because of not knowing the Constitution. Obama is suppose to be the Constitutional scholar yet he tried to write and implement his very own laws and was struck down by the Supreme Court several times for overstepping his bounds. So there goes that theory.
Not really, because each SC has a different interpretation of what is within constitutional authority and what isn't. Going with your line of reasoning almost no President knows the constitution.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:07 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Not really, because each SC has a different interpretation of what is within constitutional authority and what isn't. Going with your line of reasoning almost no President knows the constitution.
And no President would be impeached for not knowing the Constitution. That was my point from the other post that said Trump would be impeached for not knowing the Constitution which is absurd.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And no President would be impeached for not knowing the Constitution. That was my point from the other post that said Trump would be impeached for not knowing the Constitution which is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections