Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 08:23 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,358,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
My theory is that Trump picked Pence because Pence's hawkish, pro-trade agreement and social conservative credentials would squelch any possibility of an anti-Trump rebellion at the RNC.

The problem is that on so many issues Pence is the anti-Trump. Trump supporters likely will be disappointed by Trump's apparent hypocrisy.
I agree with your assessment. I think Trump made a backroom deal with the GOP establishment. It's pretty obvious that today the GOP announced that the vote over the GOP Convention rules regarding Dump Trump rules failed. The GOP allowed the vote to fail after Trump picked Pence per the backroom deal with Trump. Trump is the GOP's puppet. He's reading from the teleprompter like a good puppet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 08:42 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,572,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Mike Pence just crushed it
for a full hour on Hannity.
5-Star performance, tough
questions and all.
Are you kidding? Believe me faux news lets these jokers see the questions ahead of time. What may seem like a tough question to you has already been run by Pence. He isn't going to be caught stuttering for an answer on Republican TV. Hannity is just another Rush Limbaugh in a different outfit. He wants only people who agree with him on the show. Then he asks leading questions of which we all know the answers because of their fair and balanced station.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:45 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,572,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
So lily white Pence is the 'lucky' one who gets to cruise on the Trumptanic, eh.

Don't forget that life jacket, Mike.

You're gunna need it...

CLINTON - KAINE 2016
Pence has too much right wing baggage and the man has a stone face. It almost looks like a mask.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:38 PM

37,734 posts, read 40,776,995 times
Do you know anyone who gets out of bed on Election Day and goes and stands in line to vote or not vote for the Vice President?

Democrats, hold up your hand if the reason you voted the way you did in 2008 was Biden?

Can you name 3 things in 7 plus years that Obama did because it was Biden's idea?

Old 07-16-2016, 09:53 PM

38,952 posts, read 50,866,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you know anyone who gets out of bed on Election Day and goes and stands in line to vote or not vote for the Vice President?

Democrats, hold up your hand if the reason you voted the way you did in 2008 was Biden?

Can you name 3 things in 7 plus years that Obama did because it was Biden's idea?
I voted for Bush in 2000 in large part because, while I thought he was not well-prepared, I admired Dick Cheney and felt he could steer the neophyte in matters of importance. It was a big, big miscalculation on my part as it turned out. Cheney was the devil incarnate. I have no such confusion this time. There is no one alive who could run with Trump that would convince me the man is fit in the slightest to be president.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:21 PM

29,175 posts, read 22,146,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It'd be a winning ticket for the Dems!
Pence is an anti-LGBT right-wing extremist who is losing his bid for re-election as governor.
Yup. Trump saved Pence from a losing race. After he had made promises to Christie, who is also facing losing as well. Trump and Christie had words last Thursday night, but Trump has more backs to stab before it's over.

We are all being treated to another season of The Apprentice, except in real life with no script. Whether we want to watch it or not. I expect to see Omarosa make an appearance pretty soon. She's always a good distraction.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:07 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,056,058 times
Mr. Trump's camp apparently doesn't realize that the general election pivot is to the middle, not to the other direction. Don't get me wrong, I am sure Mr Trump would like to shore up his support among Republicans. McCain and Romney got 93% of the Republican vote, but Trump was getting about 72% in the polls. While Pence would help increase the 72% figure (I imagine), it would never approach 93% because many Republicans would never support Trump. Thus, the potential upside is extremely limited (<20% of 28%, or 5.6%).

No moderate would change their decision to support Trump because of Pence. Common sense.

So what's the point?

Mick

Old 07-16-2016, 11:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,722,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. Trump saved Pence from a losing race. After he had made promises to Christie, who is also facing losing as well. Trump and Christie had words last Thursday night, but Trump has more backs to stab before it's over.

We are all being treated to another season of The Apprentice, except in real life with no script. Whether we want to watch it or not. I expect to see Omarosa make an appearance pretty soon. She's always a good distraction.
The issue I see is that Trump is turning his back on too many things and being a what he was campagining he wasn't a beltway politician. I knew he was a con all along, high time we all realize this.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:53 AM

1,640 posts, read 786,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I think that Pence is a winner for Trump. The Dems were going to savagely attack whomever Trump picked as his VP. But, while extremely smart, Pence is boring and the attacks on him won't have the impact that Dems intend. Meanwhile, Pence will help Trump consolidate support among some GOPers who still haven't quite warmed to his candidacy.
Well I was hoping the trump would pick Palin, this guys a pretty good fit for the anti-dem perspective. I have a girlfriend that lives in Indiana and they hate pence. I don't know who is worse, Trump or pence

Old 07-17-2016, 07:58 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,777,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Well I was hoping the trump would pick Palin, this guys a pretty good fit for the anti-dem perspective. I have a girlfriend that lives in Indiana and they hate pence. I don't know who is worse, Trump or pence
Pence is being set up as the excuse Trump will use when he gets crushed in Nov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections