Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:08 PM

17,264 posts, read 11,082,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
That's because we care so much about you and your obvious cognitive dissonance disorder. Think of this an interventional therapy. You can be cured. Look at all the GOP folks turning their backs on Trump. It's part of our No Trumpster Left Behind program -- sort of a twelve step process and those enlightened GOP folks are on the path to rational and improved thinking.
That sounds like a personal attack just because you don't like my views. I think that's against regulations here, but I understand that's the best you can do. Carry on.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 03:19 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,815,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. He'll probably make Pence debate Hillary.

But, he's going to hemorrhage women and millennials if the deal Donny Jr. has been offering the VP candidates is legit. Pence would be enacting Sharia law Christian-style.
You mean the laws that have been followed since the founding of the nation?

Old 07-20-2016, 03:23 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,815,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
You do realize don't you that this thread will only entice some people (including myself) to want to vote for Trump for the reasons you are indicating here. I would prefer Pence to be the President on this ticket.
I fell for this ploy in 2008. Drafting Pence does nothing to change my #NeverTrump stance.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,146,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You mean the laws that have been followed since the founding of the nation?
No, I mean laws like he influenced in Indiana legalizing discrimination and laws limiting a woman's right to choose. You are aware that there have been amendments to the constitution and new laws since "the founding of the nation" right?

And he certainly appears to be unpopular among those groups in his home state.

Mike Pence: What Are His Approval Ratings as Indiana Governor? | Heavy.com

Old 07-20-2016, 03:39 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,908,370 times
A Vote For Trump Is a Vote For President Pence

So! Anything is better than President Hillary.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:41 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,565,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
A Vote For Trump Is a Vote For President Pence

So! Anything is better than President Hillary.
I'll second that. The left will have to try a different tactic. This one's not working.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:07 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,356,267 times
Looks like Trump wanted Kasich as VP and Kasich was told he'd be the most powerful VP ever - in charge of both foreign and domestic relations.

See, Trump really just wants to be president in name only and have someone else do the day to day work.

''..Trump's son had sought to woo Kasich with the possibility of becoming the most powerful vice president ever. Kasich could have been in charge of domestic and foreign policy, while Trump would have been tasked with making America great again..."

Trump-Kasich feud continues: Reports of boycott, wooing Kasich for VP

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/ma...mate.html?_r=3

Old 07-20-2016, 05:24 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,797,751 times
Default Pence and Trump, horribly mismatched?

Finally got around to watching the CBS interview with those two. Talk about the most mismatch, awkward pair in recent memory. Trump dodged many questions regarding Pence, because Pence voted for nearly everything that Trump claims to be against. He couldn't directly answer questions, had to tap dance around them, and hardly let Pence speak. He sat there like a potted plant. This presidential campaign is gonna end in a huge train wreck. I'll eat my shoes if Hillary manages to lose against THAT.

I think it's gonna go in two ways. Either Trump wins in a landslide, or the GOP is going to implode.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:23 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,565,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Finally got around to watching the CBS interview with those two. Talk about the most mismatch, awkward pair in recent memory. Trump dodged many questions regarding Pence, because Pence voted for nearly everything that Trump claims to be against. He couldn't directly answer questions, had to tap dance around them, and hardly let Pence speak. He sat there like a potted plant. This presidential campaign is gonna end in a huge train wreck. I'll eat my shoes if Hillary manages to lose against THAT.

I think it's gonna go in two ways. Either Trump wins in a landslide, or the GOP is going to implode.
It's so funny to watch the left flail about. No matter who he picked you would have b*tched so really... who gives a chit. Everyone know's the only one for you is big crony capitalist Clinton. Geez, just more of the same.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:37 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,356,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's so funny to watch the left flail about. No matter who he picked you would have b*tched so really.

After watching Christie's speech yesterday, I was very thankful that Trump chose Pence. Christie is a very good speaker and he is a good attack dog and he's not wishy washy when he talks. I think he would have been a much better pick for Trump and he's also an excellent debater.

So hey - I am happy because the better campaigner(Christie) wasn't chosen. That's good for the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections