Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 03:25 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,667,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's all about shoring up the homophobes.

Gay marriage and LGBT rights will the top issue this election.
So, where does that put trump? Immigration, jobs, and 'security' are his alleged strong suit, so I don't see him getting elected on gay marriage & LGBT issues. Admittedly, pence will probably do well with the homophobes, but... ummm... there really aren't that many of them out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 03:48 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,269,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No but they have to appeal to a larger base than just the angry base. Trump can get 10,000-30,000 at rallies, good for him, but there is a large group protesting against him at each rally and more who just don't think he is right but aren't vocal about it.
And how well do they convert all those folks at rallies to vote? Or do they have an outreach program to GOTV for folks who can't come to those rallies?

Old 07-14-2016, 03:51 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,917,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, where does that put trump? Immigration, jobs, and 'security' are his alleged strong suit, so I don't see him getting elected on gay marriage & LGBT issues. Admittedly, pence will probably do well with the homophobes, but... ummm... there really aren't that many of them out there.
The plan is to motivate those conservatives who still think those people with "alternative" lifestyles should not be allow to corrupt America's children.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:52 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,917,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The NY mafias want to take over the country but can they afford to fund a presidential campaign?

The ones with the big $$$$ are the crazy conservatives who want to replace the constitution with the Book of Leviticus.

It is going to be quite interesting to see who he chooses... or should I say who he has to choose.
Elections are quite predictable. YAWN.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:56 PM

16,745 posts, read 8,104,142 times
Between Don the Nut and Pence you have 2 losers. The VP pick of Pence is because he may lose his Governorship this year. The State GOP wants to put up someone who may win.

Think about this you have 2 governors who may not be able to carry their home states and a guy who is a lobbyist for every right wing policy around, wanting to run on a loser's arm.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,720,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And how well do they convert all those folks at rallies to vote? Or do they have an outreach program to GOTV for folks who can't come to those rallies?
Which group, the Trump supporters or the anti-Trump people?

Old 07-14-2016, 11:43 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,274,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most people have never even heard of Pence. I don't see that as a winning ticket.
That is true, I couldn't tell you who is the governor of Indiana until now, and I definitely couldn't tell you anything he stood for without doing some research. He is basically an unknown politician in the northwest.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,720,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most people have never even heard of Pence. I don't see that as a winning ticket.
Yes but he is the Religious Right to Discriminate Governor and supported a law that forced mothers of aborted or even worse miscarriage-ed children to bury the fetal tissue. I don't know why people think that will do anything to help Trump except for some Christian right people.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:12 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,208,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I doubt that will make a difference. They have a problem with Trump personally. His VP choice isn't likely going to alter that fact.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:13 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,208,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes but he is the Religious Right to Discriminate Governor and supported a law that forced mothers of aborted or even worse miscarriage-ed children to bury the fetal tissue. I don't know why people think that will do anything to help Trump except for some Christian right people.
Yeah, that's the thing about him. The good thing is that most people know very little about him. The bad thing is that because he is so conservative he is going to get hammered on a lot of his extreme social positions. He also ran a talk radio show in the 90s. What do you think that the Clinton machine has found some gems from that era to plaster into ads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections