Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 11:58 AM

25,040 posts, read 27,799,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I wish he'd take either Dennis Michael Lynch, or Herman Cain
but regardless, I'm still voting for Trump...it isn't about his VP, it's about keeping Hillary out...and the kids will come out in swarms to vote for her.
You can look forward to me canceling out your vote for Senator and president

Old 07-13-2016, 08:11 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,868,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
OK. As much as I squirmed at the thought of voting for DT, I was distantly contemplating giving him my vote so long as Newt Gingrich [and only Newt Gingrich] became his running mate.

But Pence? The far right evangelical nutcase supporter?

No. Not only no, but Hell no!

Not in this life.

Not in the next life.

The GOP has been know for its religious inclinations in the past. Its religious days are now over. That's in the past and it's time to peg True Conservativism (without religions) against liberalism.

I never again want to see a POLITICAL party base their platform on religion; on any religion.

Please, let's base our argument on the principles of policies and our Constitution which have shaped and molded the United States of AMERICA.

Personally, I wish and want my Party (The GOP) to have NOTHING to do with religion.

If the GOP has anything to do with religion in this day and age. . . I'm out!
I have to agree here Chacho-keva, I squirmed with the idea of Trump, but as more and more military men supported him, I did tend to take a look at him. Also like you, I didn't want a wear it on their sleeve religious person, this is why I looked at Trump over Cruz. Cruz reminded me of the both Bush Presidents and I do think its time for a change through the Republicans.

I am not familiar with Pence, does seem he may be a lot like the Bush family being evangelical, which, can sometimes align with liberal thinking and polices. As for Newt, no way at least not for VP, possibly, another position. Although, I do know others who would love to have him.

At this point the choices he seems to be laying out, really don't interest me. I am hoping he will surrounded himself with people from both sides, who want to take the country in a positive direction.

From here I will be praying Trump, Trumps Hillary in a landslide. I don't want a religious zealot, but I do like a leader who has faith in God and enjoys being an American.......David from the Bible is one of my favorites.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:28 AM

34,812 posts, read 30,867,528 times
Default Pence is the pick - various sources.

Don't see what he adds to the ticket - other than being a good economic manager. He has a lot of religious baggage trump steered away from, and adds little geographically.

Poor choice from a Trump supporting IN resident

Old 07-14-2016, 11:29 AM

1,474 posts, read 1,218,797 times
His name wasn't on the speaker list so I pretty much thought that it must be him.
I am still hoping for a curve ball and all these people who have been speculated about are just a cover.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:30 AM

34,812 posts, read 30,867,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
His name wasn't on the speaker list so I pretty much thought that it must be him.
I am still hoping for a curve ball and all these people who have been speculated about are just a cover.
He brings a lot of revert controversy. So does Newt, but it was years ago.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:31 AM

38,952 posts, read 50,866,357 times
Plan B. Having a Pence to fall back on would both embolden and reassure conservatives who want Trump out. Trump may well be impeached and removed soon after the election.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:38 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,219,983 times
having Pence Trump unites the conservative wing of the party.........V.P. doesn't do much for independents because people don't vote for V.P. in the general

This move was to unite the conservative wing of the party.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:39 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,274,076 times
Drudge has the police siren spinning...it's Pence. I can live with that.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:42 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,219,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Don't see what he adds to the ticket - other than being a good economic manager. He has a lot of religious baggage trump steered away from, and adds little geographically.

Poor choice from a Trump supporting IN resident

Trump needs a united party, Pence brings in the voters that voted for CRUZ.......Its a good choice.

V.P. picks doesn't win elections, its to unite the party.......he brings a true conservative with executive experience as Governor that is NOT from the Washington elite establishment.

Good choice.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:42 AM

12,998 posts, read 13,577,220 times
Let's not kid ourselves. Trump's first, second, third, fourth and fifth choices told him to take a long walk on a short pier. This loser is just the guy who said yes. Of course he's a weak pick. But hey, at least Trump didn't have to fall back on Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections