Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 05:49 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Donald Trump: "I'm Very Pro Choice," Partial Birth Abortion is OK

Just lol at Trump supporters complaining about "name calling" and "no substance"....have you looked at your con artist candidate?
Still hasn't changed anything about Hillary being for partial birth abortion up until the moment the baby is to be born. Nice attempt to distract though.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:50 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
A big part of his success IMO is that he is socially moderate/liberal and didn't step in that quagmire. Bringing Pence on associates him with the religious right.
It's sad how easily these so called religious Christian voters get conned and vote for someone just because they say their a Christian and have an R next to their name. Trump is literally the least Christian candidate in this entire race

Old 07-14-2016, 05:51 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Still hasn't changed anything about Hillary being for partial birth abortion up until the moment the baby is to be born. Nice attempt to distract though.
Who's distracting here...trump supports abortion and so does Hillary...Trump even pressed his ex wives to get abortions

You are getting conned

Old 07-14-2016, 05:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Pence signed a bill that requires all fetal remains, regardless of gestation or cause (abortion or miscarriage), to be interred or cremated. This surely puts a hardship on a poor mother who miscarries at 5 weeks.

Pence doesn't give one care about women or the poor.

It's really a good thing he got another gig. Indiana was going to give him the boot when he ran for reelection.

Quote:
I don't care what name calling you do. It only shows how you have very little substance. The fact remains that Hillary supports partial birth abortion up until the moment the baby is to be born, today and right now. Trump does not. No clever maneuvering or childish name calling on your part changes that.

That's a lie.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Hogwash! Conservatives know - well, knew - better than that. At least the ones I've been associated with thus far.

Admittedly, Conservativism and religion have, for the most, gone hand in hand. But, there have been those of us who've steadily and consistently kept religion at an arm's length, especially as of the buildup of this election.
The GOP has been the party of religious conservatives for about 30 years now. Ever hear of the Moral Majority?

I am glad you finally figured it out though.

So Trump has caved in to the religious right. Because one thing is clear - his past clearly shows that to the extent that he is religious, he has never been especially sympathetic to the "onward, christian soldiers" wing. I suspect that his support from many of them does not run very deep, and Pence was chosen because he can shore that up and hopefully turn them out to vote. Because Trump HAS to have them come out and vote.

Last edited by jacqueg; 07-14-2016 at 06:06 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 06:03 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Great Pick Good Job Donald.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:24 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Where is my thread- I posted the pick first and where did it go?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The GOP has been the party of religious conservatives for about 30 years now. Ever hear of the Moral Majority?

I am glad you finally figured it out though.

So Trump has caved in to the religious right. Because one thing is clear - his past clearly shows that to the extent that he is religious, he has never been especially sympathetic to the "onward, christian soldiers" wing. I suspect that his support from many of them does not run very deep, and Pence was chosen because he can shore that up and hopefully turn them out to vote. Because Trump HAS to have them come out and vote.
The thing is, maybe the VP pick is not that crucial, but in this election I think it is. You have to picture the VP being president if the anything happens, and both of the candidates are 70.

I had issues with GW Bush and his born-again Jesus baggage, as well as proclaiming a national day of prayer. This guy Pence is much worse. We do not need a VP or POTUS who rules by religion. To me, it is no better than those promoting Sharia law or any other religious government.

This VP pick may attract the super-conservatives who loved Cruz, but he'll be a turn-off to the LGBT crowd and to all those who strongly want a secular government. Since the US is becoming more secular, I would imagine this would be true of many others.

Whatever. It certainly doesn't help Trump with anyone other than the Republicans who would vote for him anyhow.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:05 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Yes, Hillary is for that. Would it be okay for the mom to kill the baby 2 minutes later after birth with a butcher knife? There's no difference at that point.
I am not pro abortion. But those laws were passed long ago, and now incorporate manny issues. I say let mom decide. Between her n God/ I dint know Hilary's personal view, but as I I support the right for mom to decide.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Why?
Because, as usual, Trump has no idea what he really thinks. Now he can read Twitter and get feedback and reverse course, as he has done with almost everything else.

He could still change his mind if he's not sure. And he probably really wants Ivanka as his running mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections