U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 11:05 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,849,333 times

Advertisements

Pence, a career politician who voted for all free trade agreements and amnesty...and the Iraq war

Yet Trump supporters are hailing it as a good pick

Old 07-14-2016, 11:06 AM

22,896 posts, read 16,285,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Pence, a career politician who voted for all free trade agreements and amnesty...and the Iraq war

Yet Trump supporters are hailing it as a good pick
Indeed.
They hate the "establishment" until they love the "establishment."

Old 07-14-2016, 11:06 AM

29,354 posts, read 39,787,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
no he doesn't, the conservative wing of the party were not supporting Trump,.....he needed to unite the party.

that's like saying Clinton needs a WHITE MALE V.P. to close the gap with white men....that's silly, she will pick a v.p. that makes her party happy.

people in the general don't vote for V.P. .....V.P. choice is more to united and excite the party.
Joni Ernst would have been the perfect choice. She turned him down. As for Clinton's pick, she is the clear winner in the VP media battle now with this boring and irrelevant pick by Trump. I expect her to announce on the night of Trump's acceptance speech to grab his headlines.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:08 AM

23,613 posts, read 17,598,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Not a huge fan of this pick but he's not a deal breaker. Didn't he support an anti-gay marriage bill in Indiana though? I'd expect that to cause a lot of hysteria from the left.
He only back pedaled after business threatened to leave the state.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:10 AM

14,210 posts, read 10,114,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Not a huge fan of this pick but he's not a deal breaker. Didn't he support an anti-gay marriage bill in Indiana though? I'd expect that to cause a lot of hysteria from the left.
The right wasn't happy about it either because unlike in NC he backpedalled pretty much right away.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:13 AM

12,843 posts, read 4,651,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Joni Ernst would have been the perfect choice. She turned him down. As for Clinton's pick, she is the clear winner in the VP media battle now with this boring and irrelevant pick by Trump. I expect her to announce on the night of Trump's acceptance speech to grab his headlines.
Clinton's poll numbers vs Trump are really pathetic at this stage so her VP really matters.

2,078 posts, read 1,849,333 times
The clown car is reaching maximum capacity:

pic.twitter.com/jsh7YZfZPU

That's all folks!

mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,141,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Joni Ernst was viewed as a Palinesque figure. She was never a serious contender. Also a Happy Days name wasn't going to help the ticket.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Status: "Trump: Inept, Incompetent, Insecure" (set 8 days ago)

10,518 posts, read 6,211,360 times
I'm a little surprised about the comments about how people 'don't vote for VP'.

Technically, true (of course, the Electoral vote is different). However, Senator McCain certainly lost some votes when he picked Ms. Palin. After all, he was older with a history of recurrent skin cancer, and many did not like what they discovered about Ms. Palin, and in no wise did not want her to be president.

Mr. Trump and Ms. Clinton are not young by any means. While Mr. Trump may well be the healthiest man to have ever run for president of the United States (!!), he is 70, when health problems can strike quickly. I think that the VP for each candidate is very important.

I do commend Mr. Trump for not choosing Newt. Not only is Newt 74 (and looks like Death eating a graham cracker), but he would have added little to the ticket; plus, the media would have had fun bringing up his past scandals. Remember when he was reprimanded in Republican-controlled House way back when? 192 Republicans turned against him in that vote.

If the nominee were a young Rubio or a Canadian named Cruz, the VP slot would not hold as much interest for many.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:17 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,889,655 times
Talking Pence good Balance for Trump!

Good choice if this is true. The Newt maybe Chief of Staff?

What I find interesting is Clinton has or had the lead up to now, but as the race narrows Trump is gaining.

While Clinton with here dubious past is losing supports. Even Bernie supports are frustrated with Sen. Sanders of sleeping with the enemy.

This election cycle is not for the faint hearted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or