Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 12:30 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,209,576 times

Advertisements

I wonder if this is Trump misdirection. Get everyone sure it's Pence and then pull a bait and switch tomorrow xD.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:30 PM

13,673 posts, read 8,936,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yep and the deadline is noon tomorrow. Of course, the potential replacements will need to be waiting at the Indy Sec of State's office to file as soon as he drops out.
I guess 'noon' Indianapolis time. Indiana is split between Central and Eastern time zones, the capital being firmly in the Eastern zone.

Funny the things you learn in politics.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:31 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,467,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I wonder if this is Trump misdirection. Get everyone sure it's Pence and then pull a bait and switch tomorrow xD.
Every day is a whole new day and fresh start for demented Donny.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:32 PM

37,733 posts, read 40,776,995 times
BORING! The VP debate, I'm going to have to pass on.

On the other hand, I don't see the VP job being all that important unless you watch "Olympus Has Fallen" or "Air Force One."

Interestingly, the VP is one pick not requiring Senate confirmation and Pence would have easily gotten it.

I still think the Attorney General job is more important especially if you plan to be a president who will actually enforce the law and Homeland Security comes next.

No matter who he picks for Secretary of State they'll be better than Kerry or Clinton so not concerned about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
By gosh, if Trump is doing so and ends up naming Ivanka, I may vote for the shyster yet! Such deviousness should be rewarded.

11,046 posts, read 5,220,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I'm a little surprised about the comments about how people 'don't vote for VP'.

Technically, true (of course, the Electoral vote is different). However, Senator McCain certainly lost some votes when he picked Ms. Palin. After all, he was older with a history of recurrent skin cancer, and many did not like what they discovered about Ms. Palin, and in no wise did not want her to be president.

Mr. Trump and Ms. Clinton are not young by any means. While Mr. Trump may well be the healthiest man to have ever run for president of the United States (!!), he is 70, when health problems can strike quickly. I think that the VP for each candidate is very important.

I do commend Mr. Trump for not choosing Newt. Not only is Newt 74 (and looks like Death eating a graham cracker), but he would have added little to the ticket; plus, the media would have had fun bringing up his past scandals. Remember when he was reprimanded in Republican-controlled House way back when? 192 Republicans turned against him in that vote.

If the nominee were a young Rubio or a Canadian named Cruz, the VP slot would not hold as much interest for many.

I'm sorry, Mccain lost because the market crashed before the general election and his Iraq war stance which was unpopular in 2008 for the general public and Mccain was viewed as an W BUSH 3rd term who had low approval ratings at the time plus Mccain wasn't popular with the conservative base of the party.

I'm Republican but honest, after W BUSH and the market crashed before the election, there was NO WAY a Republican would have won in 2008.....Mccain could have picked a well known candidate for V.P. and still he would have lost......I blame mostly W BUSH..he didn't do the party any favors in 2006 and 2008......GOP lost congress in 2006 and 2008, that's mostly on W BUSH....a reason his brother Jeb was rejected badly in the primaries.

Pence is not Sarah Palin.....so we can agree that is not going to hurt Trump.....Trump needed to unite the conservative social wing of the party and he did it with this pick......he couldn't choose an establishment RINO.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:33 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,534,242 times
They will all be wrong, Trump wants to humiliate the gossipy press.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:34 PM

5,885 posts, read 3,858,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Good choice if this is true.
How is this a good choice? Pence would add absolutely nothing to the ticket. What's even worse is that he holds completely opposite views on a number of Trump's core issues including free trade and foreign entanglement.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:34 PM

Well, the reason we have horse races is due to different opinions:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...votes-in-2008/

As this study said, those lost votes would not have made a difference, but said study does claim that Ms. Palin cost Senator McCain 2 million votes.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:40 PM

38,952 posts, read 50,866,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
How is this a good choice? Pence would add absolutely nothing to the ticket. What's even worse is that he holds completely opposite views on a number of Trump's core issues including free trade and foreign entanglement.
They do agree on bringing in foreign workers to take Americans' jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections