U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:23 PM

2,737 posts, read 3,271,657 times

Advertisements

OK. As much as I squirmed at the thought of voting for DT, I was distantly contemplating giving him my vote so long as Newt Gingrich [and only Newt Gingrich] became his running mate.

But Pence? The far right evangelical nutcase supporter?

No. Not only no, but Hell no!

Not in this life.

Not in the next life.

The GOP has been know for its religious inclinations in the past. Its religious days are now over. That's in the past and it's time to peg True Conservativism (without religions) against liberalism.

I never again want to see a POLITICAL party base their platform on religion; on any religion.

Please, let's base our argument on the principles of policies and our Constitution which have shaped and molded the United States of AMERICA.

Personally, I wish and want my Party (The GOP) to have NOTHING to do with religion.

If the GOP has anything to do with religion in this day and age. . . I'm out!

Old 07-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 10 days ago)

8,139 posts, read 5,821,654 times
It's like Trump is doing what he's doing on purpose!

Old 07-12-2016, 06:45 PM

12,842 posts, read 4,651,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
OK. As much as I squirmed at the thought of voting for DT, I was distantly contemplating giving him my vote so long as Newt Gingrich [and only Newt Gingrich] became his running mate.

Not in this life.

Not in the next life.

The GOP has been know for its religious inclinations in the past. Its religious days are now over. That's in the past and it's time to peg True Conservativism (without religions) against liberalism.

I never again want to see a POLITICAL party base their platform on religion; on any religion.

Please, let's base our argument on the principles of policies and our Constitution which have shaped and molded the United States of AMERICA.

Personally, I wish and want my Party (The GOP) to have NOTHING to do with religion.

The problem is that most Americans strongly dislike far right economic extremism known as "conservatism". Poll after poll shows the American people do not support these economic policies. So the only way to get enough votes is to mobilize the religious nuts and the gun nuts who vote on those issues. Thats the simple truth.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The problem is that most Americans strongly dislike far right economic extremism known as "conservatism". Poll after poll shows the American people do not support these economic policies. So the only way to get enough votes is to mobilize the religious nuts and the gun nuts who vote on those issues. Thats the simple truth.

Therefore, and unfortunately . . . it was nice to have voted Republican in the past.

The pleasure was mine.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:23 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,184,561 times
Quote:
Therefore, and unfortunately . . . it was nice to have voted Republican in the past.

The pleasure was mine.
He's right. Hate to break it to you but your average American would scoff at voting for the GOP if it wasn't for God, guns, and gays. They have nothing to offer except cultural populism. How do you get poor Southerners to vote for Northern money? Tell them that God will punish them if they vote for the Democrats

Old 07-12-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He's right. Hate to break it to you but your average American would scoff at voting for the GOP if it wasn't for God, guns, and gays. They have nothing to offer except cultural populism. How do you get poor Southerners to vote for Northern money? Tell them that God will punish them if they vote for the Democrats
Hogwash! Conservatives know - well, knew - better than that. At least the ones I've been associated with thus far.

Admittedly, Conservativism and religion have, for the most, gone hand in hand. But, there have been those of us who've steadily and consistently kept religion at an arm's length, especially as of the buildup of this election.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:17 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,184,561 times
Quote:
Hogwash! Conservatives know - well, knew - better than that. At least the ones I've been associated with thus far.

Admittedly, Conservativism and religion have, for the most, gone hand in hand. But, there have been those of us who've steadily and consistently kept religion at an arm's length, especially as of the buildup of this election.
Your average conservative is about as smart as your average liberal. That Watter's World crap that O'Reilly has? For every brain pan liberal Watter interviews, there's the same number of conservatives that are like that. I can drive up 5 minutes up from my house and into alt-right country and nobody could tell you why they support the GOP beyond Mexicans and gays. Your average person is not a news or political junkie and they support a party because that's what their parents supported

Old 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Your average conservative is about as smart as your average liberal. That Watter's World crap that O'Reilly has? For every brain pan liberal Watter interviews, there's the same number of conservatives that are like that. I can drive up 5 minutes up from my house and into alt-right country and nobody could tell you why they support the GOP beyond Mexicans and gays. Your average person is not a news or political junkie and they support a party because that's what their parents supported

Maybe some, but not all Conservatives just follow along what their parents supported. There are many on the thinking side of the equation.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:43 AM

26,360 posts, read 24,528,919 times
Quote:

Not in this life.

Not in the next life.

I wish he'd take either Dennis Michael Lynch, or Herman Cain
but regardless, I'm still voting for Trump...it isn't about his VP, it's about keeping Hillary out...and the kids will come out in swarms to vote for her.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:47 AM

7,311 posts, read 4,957,934 times
Trump doesn't need him to get the evangelicals.

I would like to see Newt as the VP. Trump is looking for an attack dog and Pence seemed more like a poodle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or