Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 08:46 PM

754 posts, read 482,240 times

Advertisements

Anyone watching? Obviously he's doing this because he's unsure the conservative GOP message is being articulated all that well by their current nominee.

It appears he's using the townhall to try to safeguard the Republican majorities, almost as if they are campaigning separately simply because they don't trust Trump's campaigning at all.

Regardless if you agree with him or not, he sounds fairly coherent and articulate and at least sounds like he knows what he's talking about and at least delivers solutions.

I suspect the idea is if Trump goes under the GOP can at least try to blunt the damage somewhat by campaigning on an alternative message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 08:50 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,196,924 times
Nehlen is gaining on him in the polls.

Paul Ryan has always been a good talker. Problem is he signs backroom deals like the rest of them rendering his talk cheap.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:57 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,432,092 times
Speaker Ryan to GOP audience member who says won't vote for Trump bc racist: that basically means you're going to help elect Hillary Clinton

Old 07-12-2016, 09:49 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,722,306 times
Paul Ryan is a SNAKE who wants to hand over Soc Sec to the bookies on Wall Street.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:23 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,846,487 times
I watched. Very smart man. Future of the GOP, if the GOP even has a future after Trump's done with it.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:32 AM

529 posts, read 367,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Paul Ryan is a SNAKE who wants to hand over Soc Sec to the bookies on Wall Street.
I don't know much about the Wall St. angle you are referencing, but I have heard him be very consistent since I first saw him addressing this issue back in 2012.

He has said, anyone within 10 years of retirement age and everyone currently collecting SS, would not be affected by the changes, but then you could make changes to the benefits for those people who are a bit further out from retiring, and with that approach you could actually save it from being insolvent, which will happen fairly soon if we don't address it.

Kind of hard to argue with that. We know it is a looming problem and I think his proposal addresses both sides of the issue. I have yet to hear a better alternative.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:45 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,029,445 times
So silly. Just as the Democrat congress/Republican president did when raising the fra in 1986, this proposal has a multi-year run-up protection as part of the protection. Want to run out of money in retirement? Not be in the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

Old 07-13-2016, 10:34 AM

729 posts, read 426,530 times
Paul Ryan (Rino who attacks Trump more than Obama, and arrogantly forgets the reason Trump is the nominee......) on CNN (Corrupt, Communist, Clinton News Network),...........

Err....No Thanks.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,537,572 times
The GOP was changed forever when Trump won the primary. It will never be the same and can never go back to what it was and be a contender in presidential politics.
Those conservatives who are crying and fussing and complaining are digging in there heals not wanting to accept the change. They will get with the movement or be swept aside as they should be.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:48 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,379,928 times
Something's fishy with Ryan doing this a few days prior to the GOP convention.

I think it's related to the Never Trump movement. Not sure how or why or who else is behind it, but there it's not a coincidence that he did this less then 1 week before the start of the convention.

I wonder if the Never Trump people want to dangle Ryan's name as the alternative nominee. If not this, then there is still something fishy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections