Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 01:22 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,840,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Yep.

Anyone remember this?

Don't underestimate Trump. Everyone has so far and you see where he's at.
You have got to LOVE the smug laughter of all those liberals...buried deep down they now know that Ann Coulter owned them (even if he lost by a few points...which ain't happening).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 08:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,721,204 times
Just because the Trump campaign hasn't run any ads does not mean that there haven't been any Trump ads. PACs and SuperPAC's run ads on their own, not in coordination with the campaign.

Pro-Trump super PAC cites Orlando attack in new ad - Story

Old 07-14-2016, 09:00 AM

7,442 posts, read 6,960,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Just because the Trump campaign hasn't run any ads does not mean that there haven't been any Trump ads. PACs and SuperPAC's run ads on their own, not in coordination with the campaign.

Pro-Trump super PAC cites Orlando attack in new ad - Story
The article, and my introduction to it, said his superpacs have run "few" ads. It didn't say none. This is compared to 20,000 run by Hillary's campaign and the 11,000 run by her superpacs.

I assume the Trump campaign will ramp up the ads at some point. What's amazing is he's statistically tied in most polls or even leading in some polls without it.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The article, and my introduction to it, said his superpacs have run "few" ads. It didn't say none. This is compared to 20,000 run by Hillary's campaign and the 11,000 run by her superpacs.

I assume the Trump campaign will ramp up the ads at some point. What's amazing is he's statistically tied in most polls or even leading in some polls without it.
Consider how he's worked the media, I don't find it amazing at all. That's just my opinion, though. He's made outrageous statement after outrageous statement, just to keep the media spotlight on himself. It's his cost-saving strategy, so he can "self-fund". I'm more amazed that he freely uses the media to advance his agenda, and then strikes out at them with great bitterness when their questions veer into territory he doesn't like. For instance, he attacks the media for reporting on his lawsuit, he attacks the media for questions about his tax returns, he attacks the media for any and all challenges to his campaign, while at the same time he courts them in order to get coverage.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:08 AM

7,442 posts, read 6,960,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Consider how he's worked the media, I don't find it amazing at all. That's just my opinion, though. He's made outrageous statement after outrageous statement, just to keep the media spotlight on himself. It's his cost-saving strategy, so he can "self-fund". I'm more amazed that he freely uses the media to advance his agenda, and then strikes out at them with great bitterness when their questions veer into territory he doesn't like. For instance, he attacks the media for reporting on his lawsuit, he attacks the media for questions about his tax returns, he attacks the media for any and all challenges to his campaign, while at the same time he courts them in order to get coverage.
They seem to be keeping him largely under wraps lately.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:13 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,874,910 times
I've noted earlier that I have seen a Trump ad. It was created by the NRA. I saw it in a large metro market.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times
Quote:
33,000 ads vs "a few", and they are still neck and neck..

Democrats should be worried..

Old 07-14-2016, 10:29 AM

23,739 posts, read 14,840,115 times
Is there anybody in the USA who has not yet decided?

What good do ads do? Wish the election were tomorrow.

Thirty % are for Billary, 30% for Trump and the rest don't give a damn.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:43 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,874,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Is there anybody in the USA who has not yet decided?

What good do ads do? Wish the election were tomorrow.

Thirty % are for Billary, 30% for Trump and the rest don't give a damn.
That isn't true.......many do care and are voting third party.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
They seem to be keeping him largely under wraps lately.
I expect that the upcoming convention, and the need to decide on a VP are keeping him occupied. He still has time to exchange insults with a Supreme Court Justice, though, and to sue some of his ex-campaign staff, and to file pleas with the court handling the Trump University case about why some of the evidence should not be made public. He's a very busy man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections