Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 03:44 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,369,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Trump looses nothing by not releasing the tax returns.
i'm not so sure of that. i think the dems will keep hammering on this point and it will affect trump in the polls.

we'll see.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:43 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,110,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Finally someone in media questioning if Trump is under an IRS audit.

Is Donald Trump Really Being Audited by the IRS?
Great link. Trump is such a con artist, it's laughable. We should rename GOP the Gullible Oldass Party.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:58 PM

56,954 posts, read 25,922,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Great link. Trump is such a con artist, it's laughable. We should rename GOP the Gullible Oldass Party.
Maybe he's auditing himself?

He is a first degree phony and he has no intention of releasing his returns even without the fictional audit.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:06 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,060,850 times
Quote:
No law requires it.
That said the people who want to see Trumps tax returns have no intention of voting for him any way. The people who don't care about his tax returns will either vote Trump or like myself have already decided to vote 3rd party. Trump looses nothing by not releasing the tax returns.
Agreed.

Of course there is the added benefit of watching the dems whine like little babies.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:39 AM

46,840 posts, read 25,796,967 times
Quote:
No law requires it.
That said the people who want to see Trumps tax returns have no intention of voting for him any way. The people who don't care about his tax returns will either vote Trump or like myself have already decided to vote 3rd party. Trump looses nothing by not releasing the tax returns.
Why doesn't he just release the long form and make all this go away? Oh - wait. That was Trump insisting that he wanted to see another Presidential candidate's paperwork. Totally different.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:25 AM

56,954 posts, read 25,922,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Agreed.

Of course there is the added benefit of watching the dems whine like little babies.
Every president since Nixon released their tax returns, I guess Trump is in good company. Nixon released his tax returns after he was reelected, it would have been nice to know that he wed almost $500K in back taxes before hand.

Nixon paid around $800 in taxes in 1970, 1971 on in come of $260K, he donated his presidential papers to charity for around $500K.

More information is always better than none, Trump is obviously hiding something.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:32 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,918,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
My taxes are private. Your taxes are private. We are private citizens. Candidates for President are aware before running for the office that they sacrifice many aspects of being a private citizen. Hilary complied, Kaine, and Pence have as well. Trump shouldnt be surprised and obstinate either. When he releases we will know more or less about him. If HC hadnt released her returns and Trump had, you would be ranting about HC missing returns. For Damn Sure.
You just don't get it, do you?
The FACT is, I (and many other people) just do not CARE about their tax returns!
Now that hillary has released her returns, have you read them? I have not, and do not intend to.
I JUST DO NOT CARE!
Her tax returns do not have any effect on my vote. NONE WHATSOEVER!
If trump releases his returns, same thing. It will not make any difference.
I did not care about the previous candidates who tried to prove something by showing their returns, either. They proved nothing to me, and did not have any effect on my vote in the previous elections.
To many people, a candidate's tax returns are a non-issue!

Old 08-15-2016, 09:55 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,110,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
You just don't get it, do you?
The FACT is, I (and many other people) just do not CARE about their tax returns!
Now that hillary has released her returns, have you read them? I have not, and do not intend to.
I JUST DO NOT CARE!
Her tax returns do not have any effect on my vote. NONE WHATSOEVER!
If trump releases his returns, same thing. It will not make any difference.
I did not care about the previous candidates who tried to prove something by showing their returns, either. They proved nothing to me, and did not have any effect on my vote in the previous elections.
To many people, a candidate's tax returns are a non-issue!
Trump is a liar, always was and always will be. He is clearly hiding some nefarious info in those returns otherwise he'd just release them and shut the media up.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:27 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,918,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Trump is a liar, always was and always will be. He is clearly hiding some nefarious info in those returns otherwise he'd just release them and shut the media up.
and you STILL don't get it! SOME (Many?) of us just don't CARE!
Yes, he is rich. we don't care (so is hillary).
so he cheats on his tax returns. We don't care (many of us do too, to a lesser degree) (hillary probably does too) It doesn't matter.

I don't know how to make it any clearer: Many of us voters just don't CARE about the tax returns of the candidates. We don't CARE what the candidates did last year. We do CARE about what the candidate can be expected to do NEXT year, if elected, but NOT what he or she writes on the tax return next year or any year to come.
It. Just. Does. NOT. Mean. Anything!

Old 08-15-2016, 11:45 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,016,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
and you STILL don't get it! SOME (Many?) of us just don't CARE!
Yes, he is rich. we don't care (so is hillary).
so he cheats on his tax returns. We don't care (many of us do too, to a lesser degree) (hillary probably does too) It doesn't matter.

I don't know how to make it any clearer: Many of us voters just don't CARE about the tax returns of the candidates. We don't CARE what the candidates did last year. We do CARE about what the candidate can be expected to do NEXT year, if elected, but NOT what he or she writes on the tax return next year or any year to come.
It. Just. Does. NOT. Mean. Anything!
Donald Trump thought they mattered--back in 2012. Why did he think it was so important and relevant that Romney release his taxes but it's not important or relevant that he release his own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.