Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 03:19 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times

Advertisements

I love phony outrage. As if any of those crying about Trump's taxes would ever actually vote for him. It really is amusing. These same folks support Hillary and make every excuse imaginable to explain her many failings as well as her very questionable past.
As for the other side. They do the same things.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:30 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
What does going through an audit have anything to do with releasing his returns? Just release them. There is no law stopping him.

I think it is just an excuse. He is buying as much time as he can. I expect that he will hold off all the way to the election. If he loses (which he most likely will), he will simply state that now there is no more point in releasing them and so he won't. If he wins, I highly suspect Trump will pull a simple "haha, I'm a winner!" and then not even take the presidency and not release his returns. This is one big publicity stunt and Trump doesn't want the world to know how much he's inflated his net worth.
it doesnt matter because people who are pro hillary are hoping he releases them and people can look and get an 'ah ha' moment and say 'see, there, he LIED about his wealth or financial situation"

and then what? you're going to NOT vote for him because he lied? LOL ok, one person lies for a living, but trump as a businessman consumed with image exaggerates his wealth and that's the reason you are going to vote for a corrupt sack of filth instead?

pretty funny when you think about it.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:35 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Ask the IRS, because they can look at multiple years. Deductions, and write offs span over a number of returns.
I was audited once, they indicated the year but they can extend to other years if they find reason.

He asked for Obama's birth certificate for years, why no produce the letter from the IRS. is there a danger?

Old 08-15-2016, 04:44 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Exactly what relevance do thoughts from years ago have today?
As a certain female once famously said: "What difference does it make?"
I don't care what trump thought in 2012. Times, things, and attitudes change.
Yes, indeed, "What difference does it make?" Quite possibly one of the smartest things that ol' broad ever said!
Nice deflection but your post makes no sense, attitudes change? I believe Nixon was the only other candidate not to release his returns so he is in good company.

The relevance is that he is now running for election, the word hypocrisy comes to mind don't ya think?

Old 08-15-2016, 05:05 PM

549 posts, read 292,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I love phony outrage. As if any of those crying about Trump's taxes would ever actually vote for him. It really is amusing. These same folks support Hillary and make every excuse imaginable to explain her many failings as well as her very questionable past.
As for the other side. They do the same things.

It's not about outrage. For me, it's not even about wanting to see his taxes (though I know he'd be embarrassed).

It's about shining a bright light on how trump is a giant fraud and a con-man. These things are made even more obvious by his promising to release his taxes, then postponing it to never. He shouldn't be able to get away with that without it destroying his credibility, so I'm glad people continue to ride him about it & won't let up.

He's never going to release his taxes because he's hiding something. That's clear. You'd have to absolutely blinded by hero-worship (or a party to his deceit ) to want to cover for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN3CVkmkPrw

Old 08-15-2016, 05:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nice deflection but your post makes no sense, attitudes change? I believe Nixon was the only other candidate not to release his returns so he is in good company.

The relevance is that he is now running for election, the word hypocrisy comes to mind don't ya think?
Even Nixon released his returns. Under audit.

Tricky Dick had higher morals than Lyin' Donald Trump.

"...Interestingly it was that very tax controversy -- not Watergate -- that gave rise to one of Nixon's most famous quotes, Thorndike found. "People have got to know whether or not their President is a crook," Nixon told reporters in November 1973. "Well, I am not a crook..."

If Nixon could release his tax returns under audit, why can't Trump? - May. 11, 2016

Old 08-15-2016, 06:11 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I was audited once, they indicated the year but they can extend to other years if they find reason.

He asked for Obama's birth certificate for years, why no produce the letter from the IRS. is there a danger?
Because he doesn't need to please people like you that will never vote for him, and only want to see his returns to attack him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Even Nixon released his returns. Under audit.

Tricky Dick had higher morals than Lyin' Donald Trump.

"...Interestingly it was that very tax controversy -- not Watergate -- that gave rise to one of Nixon's most famous quotes, Thorndike found. "People have got to know whether or not their President is a crook," Nixon told reporters in November 1973. "Well, I am not a crook..."

If Nixon could release his tax returns under audit, why can't Trump? - May. 11, 2016
Well, Nixon's lawyers probably told him to never make the tapes in the first place, but he didn't listen.

Nixon is a good example of what not to do.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:36 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Because he doesn't need to please people like you that will never vote for him, and only want to see his returns to attack him.
There's a word for people who insist others do what they themselves wouldn't. And that's "hypocrite".

Old 08-15-2016, 06:46 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There's a word for people who insist others do what they themselves wouldn't. And that's "hypocrite".
I know, you democrats are serious hypocrites because you would never release your returns while under audit.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:48 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
I know, you democrats are serious hypocrites because you would never release your returns while under audit.
Try "I'm rubber and you're glue" next time. The context was not Trump's tax returns, but documentation that he was being audited. Nobody should take Trump's word on anything, that much has become evident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections