Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 12:36 AM

25,589 posts, read 56,245,605 times

Advertisements

Ain't it interesting, Hill/Bill paid over $3,000,000 last year in federal income taxes - but nary a mention on this board about that.

There's a pretty good chance Donald Trump paid zero - and he may even have carryforward losses for the next multiple years - so he will continue to pay zero.

The world is NEVER seeing a Donald Trump tax return. Not now, not ever.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,828,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
A man with nothing to hide, hides nothing.
Ridiculous theory. Where did you learn that you must subdue your right to privacy in order to give the impression you arent hiding anything?

Old 08-19-2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The whole theory of Trump's lawyers advising not to release his returns due to an audit seems to be that putting them under the scrutiny of the public could cause a bias in the IRS is a bit silly. A return can be audited up to three year's after it is filed. That means Clinton's return is now under public scrutiny which using the same theory could cause IRS bias.

I give this excuse a fail.
And Clinton could go back and amend their returns, thus lowering their tax obligations after the elections, meaning what they released is MEANINGLESS..

Old 08-19-2016, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Especially when it is a claimed to be a "seven year audit." The only ways that can be are fraud, never filing a return or foreign assets weren't given. Forbes Welcome Perhaps, that means Trump never filed, never addressed foreign assets or is a fraud...
While I doubt he's really under a 7 year audit, if he was, its bull crap it would only take place due to fraud. It would be due to carried over losses from previous years so if you question a loss this year, and it originated many years ago, (since losses are limited to $3,000 per year), it would indeed trigger 7 years worth of audits by default.

Learn tax codes before you pretend to know it..

Old 08-19-2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
How do you know there is even an audit? I have yet to see Trump publish a letter from the IRS.

I think most any lawyer would advise their client not to release their return regardless of whether or not it is under audit. Especially, a client that owns private businesses. I have read before the articles like you refer to and most of the reasoning would apply if under audit or not.
Truth being, it doesnt matter one bit if he's under adit or not. he's not required to release them at all.

its a ridiculous talking point to distract the morons from discussing the Clinton crime families actions..

Old 08-19-2016, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the only reason for a politician to do anything ( not required ) is for political net gain. currently trump and/or his campaign feel it's more beneficial not to release them. as the campaign progresses i believe the dems will make this more and more an issue ( since it has become a standard practice ) and that it will affect trump's numbers. i'll be curious to see at which point ( if any ) trump decides it's more beneficial to release them ( my guess is that he won't ).

unlikely, but i do believe he could lose support by not releasing them.
thats nonsense. There is no "political net gain" by releasing ones taxes. Do you really think people are going to vote for Clinton because she released her tax returns, but werent going to previously?

Do you really, really think people are THAT stupid?

Old 08-19-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Ain't it interesting, Hill/Bill paid over $3,000,000 last year in federal income taxes - but nary a mention on this board about that.

There's a pretty good chance Donald Trump paid zero - and he may even have carryforward losses for the next multiple years - so he will continue to pay zero.

The world is NEVER seeing a Donald Trump tax return. Not now, not ever.
The reason no one mentioned it is because NO ONE CARES.. As long as the Clintons paid what they are responsible to pay, legally by law.. then the total paid is meaningless..

And if Trump paid what he's required to by law, then releasing his tax returns does NOTHING.. There has been no accusations by the IRS that he's not paid them.. its a non issue.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:10 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,664,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
.. its a non issue.
We know it is a non issue to the **********s, they will believe anything the Trumpster says.
It is an issue to the rest of the USA population, because, I for one, believe NOTHING from the Orange One's mouth.

ETA: If it is a non issue to you, why did you post six times in a row?
Seems to be a very large issue to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections