Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 05:38 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,897,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
They will if they can get over 15% in the polls. Trump is scared of a one-on-one debate and is pushing for the 3rd parties to help him gang up on Hillary. That is why he keeps stirring the pot over "betrayed" Bernie supporters.
Where did you hear Trump is pushing for 3rd parties to be included, and why do you think they would all gang up on Hillary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 05:47 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Where did you hear Trump is pushing for 3rd parties to be included, and why do you think they would all gang up on Hillary?
Jill Stein will at least. She's always harping on Clinton and her path to relevancy is by peeling off Sanders supporters. The theory is that Trump is trying to either weasel out of the debates by the debate commission not bending to him in a variety of ways. Whether or not that is true or not remains to be seen.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:01 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
LOL. #TrumpDebateExcuses

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpDebateExcuses

"I'm busy being audited."
"I might have Affluenza."
"The dishonest media will replay my exact words and say I said them. Unfair!"
he has a date with Ivanka

Old 08-01-2016, 04:24 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
Yea....there is no way they could have predicted the NFL would be playing games on Sunday and Monday in September....
So True

Monday Night Football only just started in 1966
Sunday Night Football only just started in 1987

How could anyone have guessed that there would be Football Games on Sunday & Monday nights???
It's a mystery.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:33 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
LOL. #TrumpDebateExcuses

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpDebateExcuses

"I'm busy being audited."
"I might have Affluenza."
"The dishonest media will replay my exact words and say I said them. Unfair!"
he has a date with Ivanka

Too funny! Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-01-2016, 04:49 PM

13,413 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
So True

Monday Night Football only just started in 1966
Sunday Night Football only just started in 1987

How could anyone have guessed that there would be Football Games on Sunday & Monday nights???
It's a mystery.
So what if there's an NFL game? Anyone that prioritizes watching football over a Presidential debate deserves whatever they get.

If Trump had any actual faith in his supporters he would not be worried about it.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:25 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The debate Schedule was set by an Independent Commission last September. The DNC and RNC had nothing to do with the schedule. It was set prior to the football schedule (only one of the two games can be called a key game). It was set prior to knowing who the candidates would be, hell it was set almost five months before the Iowa Caucuses
You don't need a schedule to know there is Monday Night Football.

C'mon you guys, don't you realize what is happening here? Who is the primary audience for football? TRUMP VOTERS. M - E - N.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:39 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You don't need a schedule to know there is Monday Night Football.

C'mon you guys, don't you realize what is happening here? Who is the primary audience for football? TRUMP VOTERS. M - E - N.
What is happening here exactly? A debate schedule set a year in advance, prior to when we knew who the nominees were going to be, on days of the week debates held in the past are some sort of conspiracy now??

Old 08-01-2016, 05:40 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
I heard on the radio that there are ZERO days in October that don't have a football game, MLB playoff game, etc. There is no chance of there not being some conflict Donnie could whine about to try to avoid the debate.

It's crystal clear that he's crapping his pants over the reality of having to do this, and desperately seeking an escape hatch.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:25 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,888 times
I like the point that was made in an earlier post, that in a 4 year period there are 4 Presidential level debates and 1000 NFL games. It's almost saying, people - get your priorities straight. There are other games you can watch. Just one of the things I hate about society, the obsession with sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections