Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 08:44 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,862,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
trump could throw a curveball and don't say one negative thing about hillary in the first debate, just be a class guy who wants to talk about the issues and what he's going to do for america.....might just work
That would be great, but that's not going to happen.

All Hillary has to do is wait for Trump to self destruct. He's been doing that all through the campaign. He has had a quiet last few weeks, but that's not going to last once Trump and Hillary start going at each other. I see Trump having a hard time reaching out beyond his non-educated white male voter base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 08:54 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
In preparation for the debates Trump has assembled a crack team of 9 & 10 year olds to brainstorm nicknames he can use on her.
Nothing could be more true. He is preparing his third grade insults as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
You mean the debates where she does a horrible job delivering her message? Yeah I've seen those.

I would hope not. I thought it was totally juvenile and I'm a Trump supporter.

At the same time though... I think he knows that.

I'm looking forward to the debates. We are just now starting to see the effects of the email scandal... Trump has the firepower... he just has to use it.

Hillary is as corrupt as they get... if she gets elected it won't be with my vote.
No, those town halls with Bernie where folks thought Hillary did an excellent job. Obviously you weren't paying attention.

Trump does have firepower - but he lacks the political brainpower to use it well.

Hillary was NEVER going to have your vote and the debates won't change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
trump could throw a curveball and don't say one negative thing about hillary in the first debate, just be a class guy who wants to talk about the issues and what he's going to do for america.....might just work
IF he had any form of self-discipline ~ he would and could. But, sadly, he doesn't and I'm afraid we're destined to watch him flail about with words like poopyhead while she bombards him with facts and big words that he probably won't be able to decipher .

Old 07-14-2016, 08:58 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,890,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We'll see. Going on about the size of his hands ain't gonna cut it in a real debate with a real opponent.
She's no better a politician than Jeb! Or Kasich, I wouldn't get too comfortable.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:59 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
She's no better a politician than Jeb! Or Kasich, I wouldn't get too comfortable.
She's far better than either of those two.

Are you now a Trump supporter? Maybe I'm getting you confused with another poster.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:00 AM

21,389 posts, read 10,433,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
That would be great, but that's not going to happen.

All Hillary has to do is wait for Trump to self destruct. He's been doing that all through the campaign. He has had a quiet last few weeks, but that's not going to last once Trump and Hillary start going at each other. I see Trump having a hard time reaching out beyond his non-educated white male voter base.
I really hate that term - non-educated. As if all Trump supporters never went to school at all. I've seen what happens to the minds of the "educated" kids in college, and it doesn't seem like they have any common sense. Now they need trigger warnings and safe spaces, and some actually needed counseling when someone wrote in chalk "Trump 2016."

Old 07-14-2016, 09:00 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,890,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
She's far better than either of those two.

Are you now a Trump supporter? Maybe I'm getting you confused with another poster.
You can be against HRC and not support Trump. There's a large block of this voter.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:03 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,598,101 times
I hope it turns into a cage match.

Nothing like two politicians telling the truth about each other in front of millions on live TV. Should be a singularly unique moment in our history.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:04 AM

5,885 posts, read 3,857,450 times
Quote:
Romney got screwed in his Obama debates. Moderators obviously pro -Obama . Candy Crowley of CNN should have been slapped for the way she talked to Romney . I doubt Trump will let them do that. He's not that kind of guy.
I'm sure Trump losing his cool with a moderator will gain him a few more points in the acting presidential column.

Quote:
I think in a fair contest he will wipe the floor with her.
And I thought McCain was going to wipe the floor with Obama in the 08 debates. Still can't believe how wrong I was on that one.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:11 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,667,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I was half expecting the debate to be at 4 a.m. along with all the infomercials. Guess she did not get her way.
Nope - trump reserves that time for his twittertrantrums. Can't take that away from him!

Old 07-14-2016, 09:50 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,105,911 times
I hope Gwen Ifill from PBS is a moderator again. She was good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections