Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 09:31 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,217,418 times

Advertisements

Clearly Trump is trying to get out of the debates. He knows he'll look like an idiot debating Hillary Clinton. He won't have a dozen other candidates taking up debate time so he can't keep saying he's going to make America great. He'll have to provide specifics which is something he has not done since he started running for president. He has no knowledge at all in foreign affairs and doesn't have a clue about how to improve the economy. The debates will expose how unfit he really is in being president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,666 posts, read 5,088,289 times
More non-sense from the Trump camp. I can't debate because NFL games are on is on par with my dog ate my homework.It's pathetic.

3,051 posts, read 2,595,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Step 1 of Donald slinking away from debating Hillary.
By wanting the debates to be the biggest event on TV? That's an interesting tactic.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:32 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
not the same.

2008 had Zero Sundays or Mondays and no NFL conflict.
2012 had Zero Sunday, one Monday, one NFL conflict.
2016 had 1 Sunday, 1 Monday, two NFL conflicts.

not the same.

We can also assume the Democrat operatives rigged
one of the 2012s to be on the Monday.

Now they are attempting to fix 2.

Sorry, homey don't play that game.
Neither side picks when the debates are going to happen. There is an Independent Bi-partissan Commission that sets it up. They released the schedule in September 2015, more than 10 months ago. Why the complaints now??

Old 07-31-2016, 09:33 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The debate Schedule was set by an Independent Commission last September. The DNC and RNC had nothing to do with the schedule. It was set prior to the football schedule (only one of the two games can be called a key game). It was set prior to knowing who the candidates would be, hell it was set almost five months before the Iowa Caucuses
"It was set prior to the football schedule" So you are saying that the powers that be who set the schedule are so totally incompetent that they didn't know that the NFL plays every Sunday and Monday in the fall?
The independent commission, now that they know the facts, can reset the schedule. ...and, yes they did know who one of the candidates would be, they one they have been protecting all along.
"only one of the two games can be called a key game" Come on, don't be so ****, it's the NFL, every game is a key game. Nice try though...

Old 07-31-2016, 09:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Clearly Trump is trying to get out of the debates......

Nope. It's Hillary who is hiding from the press and who wants to hold debate when nobody is watching.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:34 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Paul Manafort told Chuck Todd on Meet the Press
that the Trump Campaign will insist on a change to
the debate schedule which would allow for maximum
viewership.

The current schedule places 2 of the 3 debates on
Sunday and Monday evenings, concurrent with marquee
NFL games.

Manafort said DNC operatives fixed the schedule for
minimum viewership, as they did with the Democratic primary debates.

Replay 2:00 PM EST MSNBC.
There is one on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

It is impossible to find a prime-time spot when there is nothing else on TV. There is going to be football all day Saturday and Sunday, and Monday nights. The Monday night game is Atlanta vs New Orleans, so outside those two cities, not many people will watch it.

It seems Trump is looking for an excuse to not debate at all.

Why does team Trump think Hillary set the schedule anyway? Are they that ignorant?

If a football game is more important than the debate, then the choice is yours. There is ALWAYS something else in TV, and everyone will have to prioritize. Note, that Trump is the ONLY person complaining about this. I watch football, but I am not complaining. If the Dolphins happened to play at that time, then I would watch the debate on-line later. Big deal.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:34 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I think you have that backwards, it's crooked hillary who is hiding. Schedule the debates when no one will be watching, just like she did to Bernie..
She is a corrupt old slug..
No one will be watching? I know no one who watches Monday night football. While I don't doubt there is some population who does, it's certainly not the entire country. If they cannot prioritize the future of the nation over football, then why should we cater to them?

Old 07-31-2016, 09:35 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,689 times
Quote:
Paul Manafort told Chuck Todd on Meet the Press
that the Trump Campaign will insist on a change to
the debate schedule which would allow for maximum
viewership.

The current schedule places 2 of the 3 debates on
Sunday and Monday evenings, concurrent with marquee
NFL games.

Manafort said DNC operatives fixed the schedule for
minimum viewership, as they did with the Democratic primary debates.

Replay 2:00 PM EST MSNBC.
Since when did an NFL football game trump (no pun intended) one of the most important elections and therefore important debates in US history? The fact that Donald's base would rather watch football than him says all you need to know about them.

I'll sure be watching and I am a huge NFL fan, but willing to forgo a "game" for 90 minutes or so to watch HC dismantle Donald and give him his long overdue spanking.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Do you honestly believe that disgraced Debbie Wasserman-Schultz put on a halo just for this?

Come-on.......

Hacked emails have already proven the DNC did nothing but rig things. They are cheaters.

Any thinking adult knows this.
C'mon....Richard Nixon and his merry band of criminals were Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections