Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 05:48 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,816,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Believe me, we dislike Hillary more.
Speak for yourself, please. I see Donald and Hilary as equally destructive to the Constitution. And I am not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 05:49 PM

6,743 posts, read 8,505,644 times
I see Trump just announced that he chose Gov. Pence as his running mate, good choice. Solid man with good credentials.
Just talking to folks I work with about the choice, they were considering Johnson as a desperation vote, but now they think that if Trump shows this kind of sense, he may not be as bad as the media says.

I know 2 guys here that went from no Trump to, "I could live with this".

As horrid a choice as hillary is, there is no choice but Trump or Johnson, and while it may split the vote, I don't see as many leaving that they would cause Trump to lose, especially with the number of democrats crossing over due to the protests, Bernie, and how really bad hillary is.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:59 PM

5,102 posts, read 4,864,655 times
When you say "Republicans", I take it that you mean every Republican, both those holding an elected position and voters alike?
I think that those in office don't care who wins; they're all alike regardless of party affiliation. The voters, on the other hand, have spoken and Trump is their man. It's not the GOP that elected Trump to be the nominee; it is "We the People".

Old 07-14-2016, 06:17 PM

25,592 posts, read 21,764,305 times
A few sour grape losers are only a tiny minority of the GOP party. And, yes, there are some that wanted a dynasty candidate whether it be Bush or Clinton. I watched the GOP throw the race to the Dems in the last two elections, and I certainly don't want to see that happen again.

I think after we see Trump's official choice for VP, it will start to come together as I suspect he will have compromised on a choice to please the party to bring them together. The right VP choice will push Trump to the top.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:57 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,588,142 times
He postponed it due to the attack in Nice.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,125,165 times
Republicans, maybe. Conservatives, no.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:21 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,876,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Speak for yourself, please. I see Donald and Hilary as equally destructive to the Constitution. And I am not alone.
You, along with many people, are going to be eating a lot of crow, Trump is going to make an exceptional president. I can't understand why anyone would think otherwise.
He is a smart businessman and he will surround himself with the best people available. He is a kick azz, take no prisoners kinda guy who gets things done, and in a hurry. None of this "All talk and no action" like the filthy snake in the grass obama.. Just the act of retiring the Clinton crime family will be a huge success for America.
You are going to love him when you get over yourself...

Old 07-14-2016, 08:55 PM

29,175 posts, read 22,153,599 times
Someone will win.

Lots of primary voters in both major parties had their hearts broken by the final outcome. But there's one party that left it's voters completely happy- the Libertarian party.

It's still far enough from November for voters to think and re-think their choices, and while I doubt that Gary Johnson will become our next President, his odds are much better than ever before. To me, he's the only big question mark left in this election.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,059,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
he will surround himself with the best people available.
Corey Lewandowski
Roger Stone
Sarah Palin
Chris Christie
Katrina Pierson
Hope Hicks
Sam Nunberg
Jeffrey Epstein
Rick Wiley
Rudy Giuliani
Mike Tyson
Omarosa
The Clintons

Only the best . . . .

Mick

Old 07-14-2016, 09:57 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,644,761 times
I say this as a Democrat who can't stand Hillary: She will be a one-term president.

I honestly think it makes sense for the Republicans to forget about Donald, who I really don't think can win, and start prepping a good candidate for 2020. They can definitely win in 2020.

In any other year, I think the GOP would walk away with this election. Kasich would walk away with this election. I have never voted for a Republican POTUS, and I would vote for Kasich over Hillary. The problem is, they nominated Trump, and he is the only candidate in either party who is as polarizing as Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections