U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 06:29 PM

5,297 posts, read 2,695,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
... and if Trump emailed Einstein to thank him for the support Hillary would surely intercept the transmission and delete it.

... and Obama's average approval rating is above only Carter amongst Presidents since 1937. He's lower than Bush... both of them. Imagine that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...pproval_rating
I see. I guess you are another person that believes only what you saw on the Internet. I suppose deleting an email is worse than stealing money from people that think they are going to a "university."

And this may surprise you but Obama's approval rating is around 50%. Which, by using math, is almost twice that of dubyas approval rating when he left office. I know, math is tough to understand sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 06:32 PM

7,111 posts, read 2,521,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
America:

“The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

If you keep electing career politicians nothing is ever going to change. There is only one clear choice.

Vote Trump.

A.E.
For some reason, I doubt that Albert Einstein would have been impressed with Donald Trump.

Or his "university" for that matter.

Old 07-14-2016, 06:34 PM

759 posts, read 419,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I see. I guess you are another person that believes only what you saw on the Internet. I suppose deleting an email is worse than stealing money from people that think they are going to a "university."

And this may surprise you but Obama's approval rating is around 50%. Which, by using math, is almost twice that of dubyas approval rating when he left office. I know, math is tough to understand sometimes.
Apparently so is reading comprehension.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...pproval_rating

It's an average approval rating... That means from beginning to end of term. Nobody cares about 50%... Bush was 92% at 9/11... A helluva lot higher than Obama ever got.

... and yeah Hillary's corruption is far worse than anything Trump.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:17 PM

21,481 posts, read 14,387,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
America:

“The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

If you keep electing career politicians nothing is ever going to change. There is only one clear choice.

Vote Trump.

A.E.
That's the most over-used cliché in politics. And it's been applied to just about everything else, too.

There's no evidence Einstein ever actually said it. At the same time, no one else has ever been attributed to saying it, either.

Here's some history on the cliché:

“The definition of insanity” is the most overused cliché of all time - Salon.com

Even so, like all clichés, there is a grain of truth in it. That grain is now called confirmation bias. When any person believes his thought on a matter, any matter, is correct, he tends to find confirmation to support his belief, even when none actually exists.

And everyone does it. It's not at all limited to the insane. Actually, the insane tend to lose their bias, depending on the mental disorder they suffer from.

In fact, attributing the saying to Einstein may show just how much we are all prone to confirmation bias. Even though the man himself is long gone, when anyone is asked who the smartest man in the world is, he's still on the top of the list. Many who say he is don't even know he's dead.

Einstein himself allowed Steven Hocking was probably smarter than he was, because Hocking envisioned unexpected outcomes from Einstein's theories that stumped him when he was alive. Even Einstein's smartest acolytes struggled to understand Hocking's early proofs.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Apparently so is reading comprehension.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...pproval_rating

It's an average approval rating... That means from beginning to end of term. Nobody cares about 50%... Bush was 92% at 9/11... A helluva lot higher than Obama ever got.

... and yeah Hillary's corruption is far worse than anything Trump.
Lol! Average? Well, that's one way to try and improve dubyas record since he left office at the nadir of his approval rating anyways. But, I look at it as people getting more time to know you and your policies which, for Obama, has been steadily increasing his approval late into his presidency and for dubya steadily decreased into his welcomed departure from office.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 07-14-2016 at 09:29 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 08:49 PM

1,469 posts, read 860,334 times
Quote:

Deleting emails and sending them unsecured could have caused deaths that we will never know about

Old 07-14-2016, 08:58 PM

11,758 posts, read 5,550,086 times
Ya know, we never had a cat as our POTUS! Let's break the cycle of insanity and elect an outsider feline! Anything but a politician!

Mick

Old 07-14-2016, 09:38 PM

5,523 posts, read 5,129,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Ya know, we never had a cat as our POTUS! Let's break the cycle of insanity and elect an outsider feline! Anything but a politician!

Mick

https://limberbutt.com/

Old 07-14-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Deleting emails and sending them unsecured could have caused deaths that we will never know about
I guess all three inquiries by the congressional republicans would have uncovered that by now if it happened. Although uncovering the truth isn't really the forte of present day Republicans anyways. They're better inventors of the truth.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:31 PM

5,523 posts, read 5,129,383 times
Quote:
I guess all three inquiries by the congressional republicans would have uncovered that by now if it happened. Although uncovering the truth isn't really the forte of present day Republicans anyways. They're better inventors of the truth.
You actually think they have the clearance to read SAP/SIC documents? Or the clearance to know if someone deep undercover in S.O. was killed because of the information gathered in the hacks to her server?

No, they would never know, ever--that kind of info is far above their pay grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or