Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 03:54 PM

22,281 posts, read 11,772,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How about Trump in his own words?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ad-role-model/

Yes, congratulations. Wow you sound extremely desperate trying to discredit anything that doesn't say Trump is going to win in a landslide

Did you, "unskew" Nate's forecast already?
Yawn! There is already a thread about that despicable commercial. Go post there.

"Extremely desperate"? Gimme a break! Why are you responding for that poster? Don't you think he can respond for himself?

Trump NEVER said any of those words that the poster was claiming he has said. I think you know it, too.

Where did I say Trump will "win in a landslide"?

Old 07-14-2016, 03:59 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,233,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I did read the page including
Very true. Silver hasn't "called" the election because it isn't a finished process. As new data is received, probabilities are adjusted. It's fair to say that Clinton is currently leading in all 3 of his models; 1. As of today-polls only, 2. Projected- polls only and 3. Projections plus, but it ain't over till it's over.

What I like about Nate and a few other prognosticators, such as Sam Wang, is that they attempt to adjust polls to eliminate the inherent bias in their methodologies. Without that feature, you're running the risk of averaging crap with crap and getting crap for your result. Nate's system has been successful. He's correctly called 101 of 102 (99%) states (DC included since it has electoral votes) during the past 2 elections.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-14-2016 at 04:45 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 04:07 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,799,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yawn! There is already a thread about that despicable commercial. Go post there.

"Extremely desperate"? Gimme a break! Why are you responding for that poster? Don't you think he can respond for himself?

Trump NEVER said any of those words that the poster was claiming he has said. I think you know it, too.

Where did I say Trump will "win in a landslide"?
Mexicans are drug dealers uneducated and rapists -"They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists"

Ban all Muslims -"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on,"

He like to see his supporters punch protesters -“You know what they used to do to a guy like that in a place like this?” Donald Trump said. “They’d be carried out on a stretcher, folks.”

Hates women - "blood coming out of her wherever"

That's a small sampling

Old 07-14-2016, 04:09 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,373,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You lied more than Hillary has, that's all I can say about the lies you posted. Obviously we can't challenge your intelligence since you can't remember or make any more lies.
It's not just that poster. Half the country thinks Trump is ALL those things and more.

Call them all liars, I guess. That's a way to get people to vote for your guy!

Old 07-14-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's not just that poster. Half the country thinks Trump is ALL those things and more.

Call them all liars, I guess. That's a way to get people to vote for your guy!
Denial runs very deep for the Trump supporter. Nothing he could say or do would be bad in their minds. They operate on a "My Trump would NEVER say/do that!" mentality. You can see this in how Trumpies are trying to discredit Silver now because he got ONE prediction wrong, and it wasn't the important one

Old 07-14-2016, 04:58 PM

7,532 posts, read 11,505,449 times
Quote:
Can YOU back up your statements showing exact quotes that say those things? And, no, some left wing blog won't do.

Of course, you won't do it and try to deflect because you well know that Trump never said any of those words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QEqoYgQxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCnDBh6Lb4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXoHl-mjKvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlK102Ee8WU

See I did it Trumps sheep are in totally denial

Old 07-14-2016, 05:07 PM

Even if you select the Now Cast option on the link I gave in the OP, with ALL the negative news rolling in for Hillary, Trump still loses. This is seriously the best ammo they've got against Hillary, and it's gonna run out of steam by the time November comes around. Unless a major terrorist attack happens in October (I seriously hope it doesn't happen, if it does then it's an obvious false flag) and that would benefit Trump, Trumpies are gonna have to get used to saying Mrs. or Madam President

Old 07-14-2016, 05:07 PM

22,281 posts, read 11,772,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Mexicans are drug dealers uneducated and rapists -"They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists"

Ban all Muslims -"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on,"

He like to see his supporters punch protesters -“You know what they used to do to a guy like that in a place like this?” Donald Trump said. “They’d be carried out on a stretcher, folks.”

Hates women - "blood coming out of her wherever"

That's a small sampling
You know darn well that he was talking about illegal aliens---and you also know darn well that he didn't say all of them were "uneducated" or "drug dealers" or "rapists". Stop twisting his words.

And what's wrong with having "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on"? You know darn well that far too many are not being vetted properly. For example, the female shooter in San Bernardino wasn't properly vetted.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:08 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,055,430 times
Quote:
You know darn well that he was talking about illegal aliens---and you also know darn well that he didn't say all of them were "uneducated" or "drug dealers" or "rapists". Stop twisting his words.

And what's wrong with having "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on"? You know darn well that far too many are not being vetted properly. For example, the female shooter in San Bernardino wasn't properly vetted.
As usual, it goes from "He never said it" to "Prove he said it" to "He didn't mean it like that" to "OK, so what?"

Mick

Old 07-14-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Funny that his statement regarding "illegal aliens", is widely negatively received among the public, not just the Democratic base.

Ditto for the second. When Trump loses in November, what are you going to do? And he will lose, unless an October Surprise happens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections