U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 08:27 PM

131 posts, read 57,989 times

Advertisements

Well then you're worst than those who are pro abortion.

As you know it's murder of innocent children and you're more concerned of education or healthcare.

That's the decay of society when murder is legal. It will always be the top priority because my sense of decency and morality has no disappeared like yours appears to have...

Way far down after that is death penalty and then immigration. Alll that mentioned is a symptom not an actual problem unless you get to the source. But it's so unfortunate to be that obtuse that you don't see it's even the source. Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
This is so damn sad... It literally makes we want to howl at the moon that people - that VOTERS - can be so obtuse about their priorities...

You care more about a topic that is already a law of the land, which would take up vast amounts of our already overtaxed government years to reverse, than social security?

You care more about abortion than about our men and women in uniform dying overseas?
You care more about abortion than our healthcare crisis?
You care more about abortion than our decaying infrastructure?
You care more about abortion than our educational policies?
You care more about abortion than our continued loss of manufacturing?
You care more about abortion than our energy policy?
I could go on all day...

BTW... I'm pro-life, but I couldn't give a good goddam about this topic due to the overwhelming fact that there's a $hitload more important things on which we need to focus.

And if you are one of those ******'s that can't get over one simple topic, then do the rest of us a favor and stay the F*** home on election day.

And that goes for the rest of you who one-topic voters as well.

You're a part of the problem, not the solution!

Old 07-15-2016, 08:28 PM

10,976 posts, read 4,828,298 times
Quote:
Who gives a rat's ass?!?!?

Is this topic the most important one in the upcoming election?

Shouldn't you worry more about his stance on immigration?
What his ideas of foreign policy are?
What he thinks should be done to increase jobs at home?
How he plans to fix social security & medicare?

Holy Hell!!! Who gives a $hit what his stance on abortion is?!?! Like it's really gonna change anything...
It's partially relevant, because if abortion was ever banned, the poor population would explode. There are already more poor people than the country can handle, especially with the the poor from other parts of the world being imported into the country.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It's partially relevant, because if abortion was ever banned, the poor population would explode. There are already more poor people than the country can handle, especially with the the poor from other parts of the world being imported into the country.
poverty is more due to illegal immigration lack of jobs and lack of funds to uplift the poor because people spend way too much on prisons keeping killers alive and not implementing the death penalty and keeping prisons in general expensive. I have a cousin in jail and he gets on facebook. There's no way he should be on facebook in prison....

Poverty isn't a good excuse for killing someone it just isn't.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:46 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,151,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneP21 View Post
I'm just wondering is he prolife in all cases except maybe life? Or is pro-abortion like trump? I hear he hates gays and stuff like trump but no actual information about his actual stance on abortion just what he's pushed forward but not like his beliefs on when abortion is permissible. Does anyone have a link showing his beliefs on this issue?
Yes I'm pretty sure he's a full blown nutter.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:48 PM

1,243 posts, read 934,390 times
Quote:
Well then you're worst than those who are pro abortion.

As you know it's murder of innocent children and you're more concerned of education or healthcare.

That's the decay of society when murder is legal. It will always be the top priority because my sense of decency and morality has no disappeared like yours appears to have...

Way far down after that is death penalty and then immigration. Alll that mentioned is a symptom not an actual problem unless you get to the source. But it's so unfortunate to be that obtuse that you don't see it's even the source. Too bad.

That is your morals.
And you have absolutely no more right to dictate your morals in a secular society than I have.
You presume to judge me??? Where do you get the arrogant presumption to judge me?!?!

We live in a country made of over 300 million people, ranging from the far left to the far right, and several millions in between. We are the most diverse country on the face of the planet, and there is no damn way on earth that we could possibly secure the wide ranging beliefs of every religious group that exists in our country. To assume that we could be be idiotic.

You have your religious beliefs. Ironically enough, I actually share your beliefs on this specific topic.

BUT THIS TOPIC IS RELIGIOUS MORE THAN SECULAR!!!

And our government is a secular one, since it cannot be based on any one religious belief!!! Did you not learn that in high school?!?!?!

If you'd like to live in a country in which the laws of the land were based solely on a religious text, then I've got several countries in which you could move... mainly in the middle east.

SO get off your high horse (or the cross), grab a dose of reality and focus on than things that can be changed... and stop forcing your morality onto others. Your sanctimony is obnoxious and repellant.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Yes I'm pretty sure he's a full blown nutter.
that's not nuts.

It's sensible. But he doesn't seem as vocal as even marco Rubio or rand paul on that issue from what I've seen. Seems like a cruz where he wants to seem prolife but who knows what he really is.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:47 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,151,117 times
Quote:
that's not nuts.

It's sensible. But he doesn't seem as vocal as even marco Rubio or rand paul on that issue from what I've seen. Seems like a cruz where he wants to seem prolife but who knows what he really is.
Having a magical book tell you what other people should do with their bodies is, as far as I'm concerned, nuts.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:56 PM

14,817 posts, read 13,277,936 times
Quote:
No it would only matter if he was at the top of the ticket. Vp's mean nothing really when it comes to policy. But generally I do care about abortion way more than foreign policy or immigration or healthcare or jobs. That's why I'm a conservative tbh.
Then you should move to Oklahoma where most Christian Conservatives pretty strongly feel that ALL abortion must be banned.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:15 PM

529 posts, read 278,852 times
Quote:
That is your morals.
And you have absolutely no more right to dictate your morals in a secular society than I have.
You presume to judge me??? Where do you get the arrogant presumption to judge me?!?!

We live in a country made of over 300 million people, ranging from the far left to the far right, and several millions in between. We are the most diverse country on the face of the planet, and there is no damn way on earth that we could possibly secure the wide ranging beliefs of every religious group that exists in our country. To assume that we could be be idiotic.

You have your religious beliefs. Ironically enough, I actually share your beliefs on this specific topic.

BUT THIS TOPIC IS RELIGIOUS MORE THAN SECULAR!!!

And our government is a secular one, since it cannot be based on any one religious belief!!! Did you not learn that in high school?!?!?!

If you'd like to live in a country in which the laws of the land were based solely on a religious text, then I've got several countries in which you could move... mainly in the middle east.

SO get off your high horse (or the cross), grab a dose of reality and focus on than things that can be changed... and stop forcing your morality onto others. Your sanctimony is obnoxious and repellant.
Being against murder isn't a "religious topic".

To try to frame the abortion debate as "people trying to force their religion on others" is asinine.

We already have laws against murder, but back in the 70's before ultrasound was widely available, the SCOTUS made a decision that protection of life wasn't as important as the woman's "right" to kill her fetus.

No one with any sense of honesty can really look at a 12 week old fetus and say that isn't a person.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:16 PM

1,243 posts, read 934,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
Being against murder isn't a "religious topic".
If you don't think abortion isn't a religious topic, or doesn't fall along side party lines, or isn't very, very biased either for or against a specific religious beliefs for a majority of the masses, then you don't deserve to be on the internet.

And by calling abortion murder, does show a religious bias, no matter what you may say.

And I'll say it again... I'm pro-life. So please try to recall that when posting responses to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
To try to frame the abortion debate as "people trying to force their religion on others" is asinine.

We already have laws against murder, but back in the 70's before ultrasound was widely available, the SCOTUS made a decision that protection of life wasn't as important as the woman's "right" to kill her fetus.

No one with any sense of honesty can really look at a 12 week old fetus and say that isn't a person.
And nothing you just said I disagree with, with the exception of the "people trying to force their religion on others" is asinine." comment. Your own bias shows when you make comments like this. Some people do not share your belief in this. And it matters not one big damn whether you think they are wrong or not, they don't have to share your belief in this. It is their right in a secular country to have it.

And you can tell them that they are wrong, which is your right.
And they can tell you to F*** Off, which is their right in this secular country & government.

But back to the original topic, I couldn't give a frog's fat ass about Pence's stance on this one topic. You may have your priorities different than mine, which is (again) your right. I also have the right call you a bloody I$%#@t for thinking that this one topic, which will likely never change in my grandkids' lifetimes, will ever be up for change. And the fact that there are at least one dozen other topics that can change in the next presidency that can affect you from day one is a hell of a lot more important to your daily lives than a women's right to choose.

Which, when it comes right to do it, is not your decision to make. If you believe it is a sin, you can tell them that. And if there is a God (in which I do believe) and He feels this is a sin, then they will answer for it at the time of their judgement - AND NOT YOU!!!!

So stay out of their F'ing lives, and focus on your own!

Last edited by Starman71; 07-16-2016 at 07:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections