Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 08:25 AM

416 posts, read 258,949 times

Advertisements

Earlier this week Donald Trump received one of the most scathing attacks yet, and it came from a rather eclectic group of some of the brightest people in the entire country. The vast majority of them in the technology field and while their disclaimer clearly states they aren't speaking for their company, they felt this issue was so important they were willing to sign a personal statement critical of the Donald.

Here's the opening two paragraphs:
We are inventors, entrepreneurs, engineers, investors, researchers, and business leaders working in the technology sector. We are proud that American innovation is the envy of the world, a source of widely-shared prosperity, and a hallmark of our global leadership.

We believe in an inclusive country that fosters opportunity, creativity and a level playing field. Donald Trump does not. He campaigns on anger, bigotry, fear of new ideas and new people, and a fundamental belief that America is weak and in decline. We have listened to Donald Trump over the past year and we have concluded: Trump would be a disaster for innovation. His vision stands against the open exchange of ideas, free movement of people, and productive engagement with the outside world that is critical to our economy — and that provide the foundation for innovation and growth.

The closing statement is absolutely brilliant and you can read it here along with the names of more than 150 signers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 08:31 AM

39,004 posts, read 50,987,327 times
No surprise. All they want is more foreigners to be allowed in to take American jobs while increasing their profits. All greed all the time with these guys.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:38 AM

13,675 posts, read 8,961,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
Earlier this week Donald Trump received one of the most scathing attacks yet, and it came from a rather eclectic group of some of the brightest people in the entire country. The vast majority of them in the technology field and while their disclaimer clearly states they aren't speaking for their company, they felt this issue was so important they were willing to sign a personal statement critical of the Donald.

Here's the opening two paragraphs:
We are inventors, entrepreneurs, engineers, investors, researchers, and business leaders working in the technology sector. We are proud that American innovation is the envy of the world, a source of widely-shared prosperity, and a hallmark of our global leadership.

We believe in an inclusive country that fosters opportunity, creativity and a level playing field. Donald Trump does not. He campaigns on anger, bigotry, fear of new ideas and new people, and a fundamental belief that America is weak and in decline. We have listened to Donald Trump over the past year and we have concluded: Trump would be a disaster for innovation. His vision stands against the open exchange of ideas, free movement of people, and productive engagement with the outside world that is critical to our economy — and that provide the foundation for innovation and growth.

The closing statement is absolutely brilliant and you can read it here along with the names of more than 150 signers.
That was a very interesting letter to read, and a rather impressive list of signers. I can see why people whom did not read the letter find it offensive.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:41 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,558,901 times
Translation : I'm bright so listen to me because you're not and I know what is best for you. I have in the past acted in your best interest and I'm in the 1% who has received most of the benefit and income.
Don't be afraid of me as I fear monger to continue the status quo. Keep your hands off my butterfinger.
You are an idiot and you need to listen to me.... and some will.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:43 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,552,790 times
Trump has his tech guys too.

Billionaire tech investor Peter Thiel just gave his first explanation of why he's for Trump

Old 07-15-2016, 08:43 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,543,078 times
So a bunch of Dems are anti Trump?
That IS news.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 AM

25,719 posts, read 21,874,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No surprise. All they want is more foreigners to be allowed in to take American jobs while increasing their profits. All greed all the time with these guys.
I thought everyone was aware of this as it is a major issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Good to see.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:55 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,406,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Exactly

Old 07-15-2016, 09:56 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,938,398 times
I have incredibly different political views from some of my smartest and wealthiest friends. It doesn't make me or them any more right or wrong.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:08 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,558,901 times
I think we will see more threads like this as those on crooked Hillary's payroll have to justify their paycheck.
They won't make much of the issues that are important but continue to divert attention from their failed candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections