Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 12:27 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
We could accept some people from Syria in Southern California. We already have people from all the countries in the middle east and, aside from the couple in San Bernardino, they don't seem to be too interested in terrorism. They're readily accepted in my community.

My father became friends with an older Muslim man from Lebanon a few years ago. They used to have breakfast together many mornings (both retired). One of the reasons many Muslims want to come to the USA is to get away from what they have in the Middle East - the wars, the laws, the disagreements. They come here and they love the freedom. There is no state sponsored religion. They are free to be "as Muslim" or not as they want to be. It's not like that in the Middle East. The friend of my father's said that he was Muslim like Christians are Christian but never go to church and celebrate Christmas only. Casual Muslim. He had zero interest in terrorism and was glad to be away from the Middle East.

So, let some of the Syrians come here but put them in places where they can successfully integrate. Don't stick them in communities where they will be ostracized.
Our intelligence officers say that we can't conduct background checks on these people, which isn't surprising because the NY Times has reported that 14 Muslim Refugees have been arrested in the US on terrorism charges.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/us...ning.html?_r=0

Some people say that it is more, but for political purposes it has been obscured.

No one is saying all Muslims are bad.

But we've had at least 14 Muslim refugees, none of which we can do background checks on get arrested for planning terrorist attacks in the US. Other countries have experienced similar things. For example, the NY Times has reported that Syrian Refugees have been arrested for plotting to kill Germans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/03/wo...dorf-isis.html

Some of the Muslim Refugees are free to move about, but require expensive elite 24/7 - no matter - we are only $19,500,000,000,000.00 in debt and climbing.

Please explain to me, why Democrats think it is so smart to allow more Muslim Refugees that we can't perform background checks on them - considering we were lucky to nab 14 of them before they started killing us...why can't we be like Japan...send food and aid, but say keep them in their own culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 12:39 PM

759 posts, read 636,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Unskilled Workers Lose Out to Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Clinton to Resettle One Million Muslim Migrants During First Term

We currently bring in 149,000 Muslim immigrants a year, she wants to specifically take 65,000 from Syria her first year and possibly the rest of the years, after 4 years that could be a 1,000,000 providing the rates keep up.

Will terror attacks hurt her chances or force her to change these numbers?

Yeah lets go with Hillary's plan to keep importing all the Democratic voters, eh, I mean Muslims and Syrians.

What was that I read the other day? 1,000,000 Muslim imports by the end of her first term? Just think, if only 1 10th of 1% of those 1,000,000 Muslims had ties to terrorism (we keep hearing they are peaceful people after all) then that means all we have to worry about is 1000 of them attacking us and killing me, you or one of our family members at any given time.

Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy ready to welcome these people with open arms eh?

I feel safer when a Republican is President because he doesn't refer to people who want secure borders as bigots.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:51 PM

391 posts, read 290,295 times
Quote:
Please explain to me, why Democrats think it is so smart to allow more Muslim Refugees that we can't perform background checks on them - considering we were lucky to nab 14 of them before they started killing us...why can't we be like Japan...send food and aid, but say keep them in their own culture?
I'm leaning toward Trump... not a huge Hillary fan due to her politics... but what you are saying is simply not true.

Not sure if you are doing it on purpose or out of ignorance.

Read this: Syrian Refugees: Here's How the Screening Process Works = This Is How the Syrian Refugee Screening Process Works - Officials say it's the most intensive vetting process of any group that arrives in the U.S.

My guess is that you will stand behind your faulty thought process and attempt to counter. I can guarantee you that what you are saying is not true. It is people like you who do more harm to the republican cause by going overboard and spreading misinformation and making the party look like a bunch of loonies.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:52 PM

1,050 posts, read 698,517 times
Quote:
We could accept some people from Syria in Southern California. We already have people from all the countries in the middle east and, aside from the couple in San Bernardino, they don't seem to be too interested in terrorism. They're readily accepted in my community.

My father became friends with an older Muslim man from Lebanon a few years ago. They used to have breakfast together many mornings (both retired). One of the reasons many Muslims want to come to the USA is to get away from what they have in the Middle East - the wars, the laws, the disagreements. They come here and they love the freedom. There is no state sponsored religion. They are free to be "as Muslim" or not as they want to be. It's not like that in the Middle East. The friend of my father's said that he was Muslim like Christians are Christian but never go to church and celebrate Christmas only. Casual Muslim. He had zero interest in terrorism and was glad to be away from the Middle East.

So, let some of the Syrians come here but put them in places where they can successfully integrate. Don't stick them in communities where they will be ostracized.
It's not enough to have religious freedom, for immigrants and current citizens to have a promising future.

In this country we also need a promising economic future, including a decent education system and health care costs along w/ immigration reform.

A better economic future would help all of us here in the US, newcomers and current citizens alike.

Acquiring better safety is great, but once people are here, we need to make sure we all have a healthy economic environment for everyone

Old 07-16-2016, 01:12 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Yeah lets go with Hillary's plan to keep importing all the Democratic voters, eh, I mean Muslims and Syrians.

What was that I read the other day? 1,000,000 Muslim imports by the end of her first term? Just think, if only 1 10th of 1% of those 1,000,000 Muslims had ties to terrorism (we keep hearing they are peaceful people after all) then that means all we have to worry about is 1000 of them attacking us and killing me, you or one of our family members at any given time.

Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy ready to welcome these people with open arms eh?

I feel safer when a Republican is President because he doesn't refer to people who want secure borders as bigots.
When you consider how much damage even one person can do (Omar Mateen and this Nice attacker), 1,000 terrorists is even more scary.

Old 07-16-2016, 02:21 PM

26,489 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
I'm leaning toward Trump... not a huge Hillary fan due to her politics... but what you are saying is simply not true.

Read this: Syrian Refugees: Here's How the Screening Process Works = This Is How the Syrian Refugee Screening Process Works - Officials say it's the most intensive vetting process of any group that arrives in the U.S.

My guess is that you will stand behind your faulty thought process and attempt to counter. I can guarantee you that what you are saying is not true. It is people like you who do more harm to the republican cause by going overboard and spreading misinformation and making the party look like a bunch of loonies.

If our screening process is so great - how did we let in at least 14 Muslim refugees that we later had to arrest on terrorism charges?

From the Washington Post:

Quote:
Several high-level administration officials have warned in recent months just how challenging this can be. While they say U.S. security measures are much better than in the past, vetting Syrian refugees poses a quandary: How do you screen people from a war-torn country that has few criminal and terrorist databases to check?

......FBI Director James Comey added in congressional testimony last month that “a number of people who were of serious concern” slipped through the screening of Iraq War refugees, including two arrested on terrorism-related charges. “There’s no doubt that was the product of a less than excellent vetting,” he said.

Although Comey said the process has since “improved dramatically,” Syrian refugees will be even harder to check because, unlike in Iraq, U.S. soldiers have not been on the ground collecting information on the local population.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...es-from-syria/

So our vetting is better in Iraq than it is in Syria, but we are accidentally letting terrorists in through our better Iraq vetting, but I am irrational for saying this makes no sense to take in people knowing some are likely to be terrorists?

FBI Admits US Can't Vet All Syrian Refugees For Terror Ties | The Daily Caller

Old 07-16-2016, 04:05 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
We could accept some people from Syria in Southern California.

Who is "we." You don't speak for we.

I think a good place to put them would be in your house And make you sponsor of them. If either one goes "Radical" you would be charged too. Sounds fair to me.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:06 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Unskilled Workers Lose Out to Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Clinton to Resettle One Million Muslim Migrants During First Term

We currently bring in 149,000 Muslim immigrants a year, she wants to specifically take 65,000 from Syria her first year and possibly the rest of the years, after 4 years that could be a 1,000,000 providing the rates keep up.

Will terror attacks hurt her chances or force her to change these numbers?
Breitbart is not a legitimate source FYI.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:19 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:

You have to be joking, right? Your using Obama as a source for the "Truth" on how carefully refugees are vetted? The same guy that's doing to importing? You want us to believe he knows better than his own Officials in the CIA and the FBI who say there is no way to check on these people because there are no papers or data bases in Syria to check, while they are at War.

How do you screen a Muslim that has no papers, no Birth Certificate, no proof of citizenship in any Country, no verifiable way to check any Criminal history, and no proof of even his stated name or identity? How would you do that, if it was your job?

Its the "Loonies" that think these people are checked before allowed in, that are what makes the Democrat Liberals look like idiots. They should be forced to "Sponsor" and accept liability for everyone they allow in here, and people should be allowed to enter law suits against them, if things go wrong. If one of the Imports engages in a criminal act, the sponsor should also be locked up, and given the same sentence.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:24 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:

Take a look at the meaning of Taqiyya.. the Muslims are taught to lie for their cause of advancing Islam.

Islam Watch - "Understanding Taqiyya ? Islamic Principle of Lying for the Sake of Allah" by Warner MacKenzie

he word "Taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing, precaution, guarding.” It is employed in disguising one's beliefs, intentions, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions or strategies. In practical terms it is manifested as dissimulation, lying, deceiving, vexing and confounding with the intention of deflecting attention, foiling or pre-emptive blocking. It is currently employed in fending off and neutralising any criticism of Islam or Muslims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections