Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 05:25 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,541,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Acquiring better safety is great, but once people are here, we need to make sure we all have a healthy economic environment for everyone

All of that is OK, but the first thing you have to do is make sure we are secure, and get rid of all the "Newcomers" that should not even be here. Then we can build. You can't build and grow, when you have Millions of Illegal Aliens sucking off the system faster than you can rebuild it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 05:35 PM

8,797 posts, read 6,130,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
So, let some of the Syrians come here but put them in places where they can successfully integrate. Don't stick them in communities where they will be ostracized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Who is "we." You don't speak for we.

I think a good place to put them would be in your house And make you sponsor of them. If either one goes "Radical" you would be charged too. Sounds fair to me.

I think all Syrian refugees should do a 5 year stint at Chelsea Clinton's house. Then if they have no issues over that period they can be moved to NYC, San Francisco, Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Stamford or Boston.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:36 PM

22,838 posts, read 12,012,912 times
Quote:
You have to be joking, right? Your using Obama as a source for the "Truth" on how carefully refugees are vetted? The same guy that's doing to importing? You want us to believe he knows better than his own Officials in the CIA and the FBI who say there is no way to check on these people because there are no papers or data bases in Syria to check, while they are at War.

How do you screen a Muslim that has no papers, no Birth Certificate, no proof of citizenship in any Country, no verifiable way to check any Criminal history, and no proof of even his stated name or identity? How would you do that, if it was your job?
(well put, but it won't let me rep you yet)
To add..the screening process used to be 18-24 months but Obama shortened it to 3 months. He has his agenda to have them in the US by the end of the fiscal year and he wouldn't be able to do that if he didn't drastically shorten the time on the screening process.

Quote:
Its the "Loonies" that think these people are checked before allowed in, that are what makes the Democrat Liberals look like idiots. They should be forced to "Sponsor" and accept liability for everyone they allow in here, and people should be allowed to enter law suits against them, if things go wrong. If one of the Imports engages in a criminal act, the sponsor should also be locked up, and given the same sentence.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:08 PM

26,161 posts, read 14,784,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
(well put, but it won't let me rep you yet)
To add..the screening process used to be 18-24 months but Obama shortened it to 3 months. He has his agenda to have them in the US by the end of the fiscal year and he wouldn't be able to do that if he didn't drastically shorten the time on the screening process.

Safety of US citizens is not a priority, low skill Americans having more competition (effects minorities more) is not a concern --- getting more future Democrat voters is.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:11 PM

391 posts, read 288,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If our screening process is so great - how did we let in at least 14 Muslim refugees that we later had to arrest on terrorism charges?
Ever heard of radicalization? Look it up.

So you don't have an issue with the other 800,000 or so refuges admitted since 9/11?

Quote:
From the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...es-from-syria/

So our vetting is better in Iraq than it is in Syria, but we are accidentally letting terrorists in through our better Iraq vetting, but I am irrational for saying this makes no sense to take in people knowing some are likely to be terrorists?

FBI Admits US Can't Vet All Syrian Refugees For Terror Ties | The Daily Caller
Got it... not really saying much, is it? What should I have gotten out of that? If you would have followed the link I sent, you would see that it takes a while for someone to get into the US... in many cases 2 years. They go through a lot of checks...

If there is nothing to check, what do you think happens to that person? Do you think we just say "okay, you must be clean!"

Fact is you have decided to not read the entire process and understand it. You have decided you are against it and I don't mind.

Refugees help communities they settle in.

But I do agree that all refugees should be processed carefully before being allowed into the US. Can't find anything on them? No admittance.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:42 PM

1,050 posts, read 694,149 times
Quote:
All of that is OK, but the first thing you have to do is make sure we are secure, and get rid of all the "Newcomers" that should not even be here. Then we can build. You can't build and grow, when you have Millions of Illegal Aliens sucking off the system faster than you can rebuild it.
I agree, our country needs immigration reform

Old 07-16-2016, 10:24 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,275,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm kind of surprised the Democrats are refusing to back off their refugee resettlement plan
It's a disgrace. Hillary and the Democrats don't give a damn about this country. These freaking politicians just want to to pander to the Muslim vote in this country. Screw potential casualties...that's just the cost of doing business. You really think Hillary gives a damn about San Bernardino or Orlando? To her that's just an opportunity for donations from the anti-gun lobby.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:37 PM

22,838 posts, read 12,012,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
Got it... not really saying much, is it? What should I have gotten out of that? If you would have followed the link I sent, you would see that it takes a while for someone to get into the US... in many cases 2 years. They go through a lot of checks...
Quote:
The U.S. is about to start accepting a surge of Syrian refugees — all vetted in less time than originally anticipated by the federal government.

Because of a spike in Middle Eastern refugees needing placement, the Obama administration has decided to rush their vetting process to three months, from the original 18-24 months.

“While the resettlement process usually takes 18 to 24 months, the surge operation will reduce the time to three months,” the Associated Press reported Thursday.
U.S. cuts Syrian refugee screening time in order to handle surge - Washington Times
<emphasis mine>

Quote:
The regional refugee coordinator at the U.S. embassy in Amman, Gina Kassem, said that while the 10,000 target applies to Syrian refugees living around the world, the majority will be resettled from Jordan.

“The 10,000 is a floor and not a ceiling, and it is possible to increase the number,” she told reporters.

While the resettlement process usually takes 18 to 24 months, under the surge operation this will be reduced to three months, Kassem said.
First Syrians leave for US under surge resettlement program | KRQE News 13
<emphasis mine>

Quote:
If there is nothing to check, what do you think happens to that person? Do you think we just say "okay, you must be clean!".
Yeah, maybe they do...
“If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data. I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.” ~ Comey

Quote:
Fact is you have decided to not read the entire process and understand it. You have decided you are against it and I don't mind.
Fact is you're going off of outdated info regarding the vetting time period.

Quote:
Refugees help communities they settle in.
The refugees in Germany committed more then 200,000 crimes last year. Do you consider that 'helping the communities they settle in'?
It is a bit hard to determine the crime rate by refugees in the US. I keep running into stats that lump crimes done by refugees, immigrants and 'undocumented' immigrants (illegals) together as one group..it's as though they are intentionally trying to hide the numbers committed by each group. Maybe someone else will have better luck then me if they want to find out the crime stats done by refugees, and only refugees, in the past year.

Quote:
But I do agree that all refugees should be processed carefully before being allowed into the US. Can't find anything on them? No admittance.
Tell that to Obama, not to us.

Last edited by berdee; 07-16-2016 at 10:47 PM..

Old 07-16-2016, 10:39 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,669,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Unskilled Workers Lose Out to Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Clinton to Resettle One Million Muslim Migrants During First Term

We currently bring in 149,000 Muslim immigrants a year, she wants to specifically take 65,000 from Syria her first year and possibly the rest of the years, after 4 years that could be a 1,000,000 providing the rates keep up.

Will terror attacks hurt her chances or force her to change these numbers?
she's just importing voters in case she wins and she's up for a 2nd term in 4 years. create as many voters as possible is her goal.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:09 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,109,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I too have Muslim neighbors, friends and co-workers. They all came here legally, with paperwork and a past that can be checked. We are discussing Syrian Refugees that the CIA director said we cannot properly do background checks on. Different animal completely than taking in Muslim immigrants through normal legal channels and complete background checks. ISIS already stated they will send soldiers here through the refugee program.
I'm sure there are some that can be vetted. Doctors, teachers, museum curators, and others frequently belong to professional organizations that are worldwide. We should try to take the ones we can. Maybe not take single young men because that's the profile for most of the terrorists. I understand the vetting process takes two years so it's not exactly like these people are going to have an easy time coming here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections