Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 12:44 AM

391 posts, read 288,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
U.S. cuts Syrian refugee screening time in order to handle surge - Washington Times
<emphasis mine>

First Syrians leave for US under surge resettlement program | KRQE News 13
<emphasis mine>

Yeah, maybe they do...
“If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data. I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.” ~ Comey

Fact is you're going off of outdated info regarding the vetting time period.

The refugees in Germany committed more then 200,000 crimes last year. Do you consider that 'helping the communities they settle in'?
It is a bit hard to determine the crime rate by refugees in the US. I keep running into stats that lump crimes done by refugees, immigrants and 'undocumented' immigrants (illegals) together as one group..it's as though they are intentionally trying to hide the numbers committed by each group. Maybe someone else will have better luck then me if they want to find out the crime stats done by refugees, and only refugees, in the past year.

Tell that to Obama, not to us.
Unfortunately for you, the reporting was wrong. The family quoted in the first post was actually in the system for about 20 some months... but Huff Post got it closer and said 14. U.S. Hasn't Cut Refugee Screening to 3 Months -- But It Could

This is very complicated and I can see where your frustration and anxiety comes from. Bad reporting is just bad reporting, no matter the source. I can guarantee you no one is coming here in 3 months... unless that is their travel time after being accepted.

Again, do you have an issue with the 800,000 that we have here? No, you don't. And when I say refugees are doing well, they are helping places that otherwise would go under, for example. They are a tax base for some downward communities.

You don't know what you are taking about on this issue or you are blatantly lying. I'm not sure which.

I know you want people to think you are an expert, but you are only looking foolish. So much so, I'm going to cease speaking with you. If you research things better, you will reduce your frustration and anxiety.

I'll leave you to your conspiracy theories and playtime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 07:25 AM

26,176 posts, read 14,797,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
Ever heard of radicalization? Look it up.

So you don't have an issue with the other 800,000 or so refuges admitted since 9/11?

Got it... not really saying much, is it? What should I have gotten out of that? If you would have followed the link I sent, you would see that it takes a while for someone to get into the US... in many cases 2 years. They go through a lot of checks...

If there is nothing to check, what do you think happens to that person? Do you think we just say "okay, you must be clean!"

Fact is you have decided to not read the entire process and understand it. You have decided you are against it and I don't mind.

Refugees help communities they settle in.

But I do agree that all refugees should be processed carefully before being allowed into the US. Can't find anything on them? No admittance.
So you oppose the current policy, as we can't perform proper background checks on them?

Why do you keep ignoring the results of at least 14 Muslim refugees arrested on terrorism - how good is the screening to get in?

What number of refugees from people we can't screen is acceptable to you? How many Muslim refugees should we have to spend $$$$$ to perform elite 24/7 monitoring on, because we can't trust them?

These people weren't radicalized in some cases in a matter of a couple months. The irony is, you are pretending to be well informed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/20/us...ning.html?_r=0

Old 07-17-2016, 07:41 AM

25,601 posts, read 21,772,537 times
The reason that it doesn't or won't hurt her is that people refuse to educate themselves on what happens to our country as our Constitution is replaced by sharia law. They don't understand ISLAM and think it is just like a different denomination of Christianity.

Hillary has become the puppet of the Middle Eastern governments. Show her the door back to where ever she claims to have came from.

Arab nations

Hillary has been consumed by greed and selfishness. There is no hope for her and we have a choice if we want to go down with her or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections