Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:25 AM

26,198 posts, read 14,811,506 times

Advertisements

Unskilled Workers Lose Out to Immigrants - NYTimes.com

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...st-term-alone/

We currently bring in 149,000 Muslim immigrants a year, she wants to specifically take 65,000 from Syria her first year and possibly the rest of the years, after 4 years that could be a 1,000,000 providing the rates keep up.

Will terror attacks hurt her chances or force her to change these numbers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 10:27 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,538,741 times
Her supporters would have to care first. That is doubtful to ever happen.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:28 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,961,141 times
Hillary may have to back off on this if she wants to get elected. With each attack on the west, more and more people are deciding this is a stupid plan. Especially since the head of the CIA came out and said that we cannot properly vet these people.

Old 07-15-2016, 10:36 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,538,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Hillary may have to back off on this if she wants to get elected. With each attack on the west, more and more people are deciding this is a stupid plan. Especially since the head of the CIA came out and said that we cannot properly vet these people.

Yeah, but what does HE know.

Hillary said it would be okay!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:10 AM

759 posts, read 629,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Unskilled Workers Lose Out to Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Clinton to Resettle One Million Muslim Migrants During First Term

We currently bring in 149,000 Muslim immigrants a year, she wants to specifically take 65,000 from Syria her first year and possibly the rest of the years, after 4 years that could be a 1,000,000 providing the rates keep up.

Will terror attacks hurt her chances or force her to change these numbers?
She doesn't care about that. All she cares about is importing as many Democratic voters, eh, I mean Muslims and Syrians, as possible.

For all those who say that Muslims are peace loving people... just remember that if only 1/10th of 1% of the next 1,000,000 Muslims imported are tied to terrorism you only have to worry about 1000 of them attacking us at any given moment.

I hope you sleep well at night.

#TRUMP2016

Old 07-15-2016, 11:38 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,529,392 times
Crooked Hillary says we need to "trust her". What could possibly go wrong with that idea.
She helped to create ISIS it should no surprise she wants to bring them here.
They won't inhabit her neighborhood and she has armed protection.
There is no down side if they will vote Dem. or for her in the future elections.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:49 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,114,799 times
We could accept some people from Syria in Southern California. We already have people from all the countries in the middle east and, aside from the couple in San Bernardino, they don't seem to be too interested in terrorism. They're readily accepted in my community.

My father became friends with an older Muslim man from Lebanon a few years ago. They used to have breakfast together many mornings (both retired). One of the reasons many Muslims want to come to the USA is to get away from what they have in the Middle East - the wars, the laws, the disagreements. They come here and they love the freedom. There is no state sponsored religion. They are free to be "as Muslim" or not as they want to be. It's not like that in the Middle East. The friend of my father's said that he was Muslim like Christians are Christian but never go to church and celebrate Christmas only. Casual Muslim. He had zero interest in terrorism and was glad to be away from the Middle East.

So, let some of the Syrians come here but put them in places where they can successfully integrate. Don't stick them in communities where they will be ostracized.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:53 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,961,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
We could accept some people from Syria in Southern California. We already have people from all the countries in the middle east and, aside from the couple in San Bernardino, they don't seem to be too interested in terrorism. They're readily accepted in my community.

My father became friends with an older Muslim man from Lebanon a few years ago. They used to have breakfast together many mornings (both retired). One of the reasons many Muslims want to come to the USA is to get away from what they have in the Middle East - the wars, the laws, the disagreements. They come here and they love the freedom. There is no state sponsored religion. They are free to be "as Muslim" or not as they want to be. It's not like that in the Middle East. The friend of my father's said that he was Muslim like Christians are Christian but never go to church and celebrate Christmas only. Casual Muslim. He had zero interest in terrorism and was glad to be away from the Middle East.

So, let some of the Syrians come here but put them in places where they can successfully integrate. Don't stick them in communities where they will be ostracized.
I too have Muslim neighbors, friends and co-workers. They all came here legally, with paperwork and a past that can be checked. We are discussing Syrian Refugees that the CIA director said we cannot properly do background checks on. Different animal completely than taking in Muslim immigrants through normal legal channels and complete background checks. ISIS already stated they will send soldiers here through the refugee program.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:16 AM

8,815 posts, read 6,141,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
ISIS already stated they will send soldiers here through the refugee program.
If Hillary is elected and she admits these one million refugees it will only come back to bite her in the ass. The "refugees" will conduct terror attacks like we see in France and Belgium and the attacks will have two major effects.

(1) The attacks will turn moderate and independent voters against Hillary and the DNC.
(2) The attacks will take place in the urban areas where mostly Democrat voters will be killed.

Personally it will not affect me as I do not live or work in urban areas and I rarely interact with urban people in real life.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:53 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,348,939 times
I'm kind of surprised the Democrats are refusing to back off their refugee resettlement plan as the number of attacks is growing. In 2011 Obama temporarily stopped resettling refugees from Iraq do to security concerns. Now it is a litmus test for whether someone is a(n alleged) bigot or not. If there continues to be Islamic terror attacks close to election day it could cost Hillary the election. As much as I dislike Trump if I feel like Democrats continue putting political correctness over my safety I will vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections