U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 10:51 AM

416 posts, read 198,966 times

Advertisements

Interesting word and here's a simple definition for it: "unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own." There's probably never a time where that characteristic becomes more apparent than during a presidential political cycle.

And i would hazard a guess this years race has become the most divisive ever. Both sides of the aisle have a lot at stake, as does our country as a whole. Ultimately a winner will surface and we'll all go forward one way or the other.

Obviously my choice for president is Hillary. While i know her mistakes are there, watching the politics of bigotry, hatred and winning at all costs by Trump just isn't how I want to see our country run. There's way too much at stake to simply watch as hundreds of years in the making get flushed down the toilet and we go backwards.

Imagine a country where there was only one way to think, to write, and most importantly, how to act. Where if you disagreed, you were simply shot down and shut down. When points of view from all perspectives are limited to a single minded end, we all lose.

This country was founded on both diversity of thought and actions. we celebrated it from the beginning and encouraged it as one of our greatest assets. To forfeit it would be tragic, and make us lessor as a country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 11:00 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,244,165 times
Hundreds of years? A bit melodramatic.

Both candidates are hugely flawed so it boils down to supreme court nominations. For that it's hands down Trump. There's no way Clintons picks would strengthen our country.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:06 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,041,276 times
You obviously aren't watching and listening to the same Trump and Clinton that I am. Suggest you break from the liberal news media and try to get some balance. Much of what your issue with Trump is has been debunked here time and time again, so I won't do it for the 5th or 6th time.

Hillary is morally, mentally and physically unfit to serve as POTUS. Hillary has not made mistakes, she has been willfully disobedient. It isn't like she didn't know what she was doing was wrong.

Please make an effort to learn more about Hillary, the lying, the death list, Clinton Foundation and her failing health and possible side effects of her medication which include confusion and the possibility that she will "bleed out" under pressure. Hillary is a sociopath, learn what it is.

Globalism vs. Nationalism: Trump vs. Hillary Is Nationalism vs. Globalism, 2016 | The National Interest and 20 Reasons Globalization is Wrong for America | Truth is Treason | Truth is Treason And, this is probably the biggest issue that people need to look at. You have to ask yourself if giving up who we are as a country is worth Hillary and social issues, what people have worked, fought and died for and what makes us unique as a country, losing our sovereignty. As we have seen, so far with moving toward globalism, it has been a disaster for most Americans. The negative effects: The Negative Effects of Globalization in America

So, you can concentrate on your social issues and pretend the world is just a happy place and the others can keep popping their mood enhancing drugs, pills for depression and anxiety and just sit mumbling while the rest of us roll up our sleeves and try to save the country. Trump/Pence for the win 2016!

Old 07-15-2016, 11:10 AM

26,789 posts, read 9,110,419 times
I'm not accepting BS either. Put me down in what ever column that goes in.
People can take their diversity and shove it up there multiculturalism until they bleed out their PC in some sanctuary hemorrhoid city. I'm not buying the anti-American BS or the failure to assimilate excuses or replacing it with some fantasy island BS to be decided by bureaucrats called together by crooked Hillary to from a policy because she has no principals of her own.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:12 AM

4,115 posts, read 2,009,353 times
Quote:
Obviously my choice for president is Hillary. While i know her mistakes are there, watching the politics of bigotry, hatred and winning at all costs by Trump just isn't how I want to see our country run. There's way too much at stake to simply watch as hundreds of years in the making get flushed down the toilet and we go backwards.
You have the candidates reversed. If Hillary wins she will flush away hundreds of years of the US down the toilet. Freedoms that your grandparents and their parents fought and died for.

Turmp is not a bigot nor does he promote hatred. He's concerned with protecting your life and the lives of your children. And re-doing bad trade deals that make the oligarchs richer.

Last edited by illtaketwoplease; 07-15-2016 at 11:30 AM..

Old 07-15-2016, 11:18 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,142,246 times
Why didn't the progressive left allow me the same divergent views on ACA 2010? Why does the left not allow me the same divergent views on how to run a business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or