Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 02:11 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times

Advertisements

How I would love to see one of them wear a shirt that said "super predator" on the front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 02:59 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,148,227 times
Hate the celebs all you want, but I'll bet the musical entertainment is way better at the DNC than the RNC.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:03 PM

11,522 posts, read 5,589,576 times
Bernie supporters are po'd that Chelsea is the headliner instead of the President - they're running an I told you so campaign because they've said all along - Clinton is just out for Clinton.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:33 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Bernie supporters are po'd that Chelsea is the headliner instead of the President - they're running an I told you so campaign because they've said all along - Clinton is just out for Clinton.
The focus of the convention is the nominee, not the outgoing president. And Chelsea is not the "headliner" - I think she will be introducing her mother, which is definitely an important but in some ways lesser role than having an evening focused on Obama and Biden the night before.

The keynote speech is generally on Tuesday night - that's the night Bill will be speaking but he hasn't been identified as the keynote speaker and I'm guessing he won't be. It's often an up and coming person, so there may very well be an as yet unannounced speaker that night as well.

But the fact that both Bill and Chelsea are speaking is the norm - it's common to have a spouse and adult family members. What's a little unusual is for Michelle Obama, usually the spouse of the nominee would speak but the spouse of the outgoing president is a new one. Just shows that the Obamas are truly all in for Hillary and don't care about the silliness some Bernie or Busters are supposedly saying.

Old 07-15-2016, 03:42 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,269,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Hate the celebs all you want, but I'll bet the musical entertainment is way better at the DNC than the RNC.
That's because a lot of musical artists don't permit the Republicans to play their music at GOP rallies. All they can get is someone like Ted Nugent or Pat Boone.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:04 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,481,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That's because a lot of musical artists don't permit the Republicans to play their music at GOP rallies. All they can get is someone like Ted Nugent or Pat Boone.
Hey!!! I loved Pat Boone's metal moods album!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...e0bkPmh4XjwBF5

Actually I don't but I couldn't miss my chance to put up a post about. I makes me laugh every time I think about.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:38 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,428,999 times
Trump will probably make an impromptu appearance to brag about how great Hillary is and all the money he donated to her

Old 07-15-2016, 06:43 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,667,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
Well, so far, the list of speakers is unimpressive and uninspiring. Those are the very people who've divided and deceived our nation in the first place. The Republican convention will still be vastly better to those who want America to revive and improve rather than anyone seeing a listless Dem convention which won't have anything to offer.
Yeah, so much worse than the trump lineup that includes the Ivanka's Rabbi, and Tim Tebow... oh, wait, forget it, they're not going to be there after all.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:54 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,481,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yeah, so much worse than the trump lineup that includes the Ivanka's Rabbi, and Tim Tebow... oh, wait, forget it, they're not going to be there after all.
I'm thinking Ted Nugent singing cat scratch fever, while shooting flaming arrows....and standing a little too close to a 14 year old girl,.....in red, white, and blue thong underwear. I think that could be bad. Or they will bring Back Clint. Who knows what will happen then.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:01 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,667,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
I'm thinking Ted Nugent singing cat scratch fever, while shooting flaming arrows....and standing a little too close to a 14 year old girl,.....in red, white, and blue thong underwear. I think that could be bad. Or they will bring Back Clint. Who knows what will happen then.
He will address all the empty chairs in the audience (y'know, the empty chairs for those delegates who are out hiding so they don't have to vote on the first ballot)... Not only that, they will do those teaser things, like... "special, surprise speaker!" before every commercial break. Kinda like they do on the TV version of People Magazine - Extra! Extra! - until they have given enough details that you know who it will be, and then just turn the tv off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections